GDT: Game #1 - 10.09.14 - vs Chicago - 7:30 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
Stop blaming the refs. We didn't score enough to win and Kari let in a couple he needed to make a save on. We are going to score a ****-load of goals on teams that aren't the Hawks.

MetalGodAOD*

I suppose. Either way I'm happy with their overall performance tonight. D was a lot better than I thought it'd be. Kari seemed to settle in a bit as the game went on. Seguin/Benn were neutralized and Spezza/Hemsky looked great. I still believe.

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
and it wouldn't bother me so much if it wasn't so god damn obvious that that's what the Hawks were fishing for. They went full on dive and complain mode in the third period and they ended up getting two points because of it.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I'm more upset about Crawford's impact throughout the game.

From more or less stonewalling the Stars through 40 minutes, to the blatant interference on Fiddler late in the game, he was Chicago's MVP tonight by a country mile.

starshockeyfan56

Aug 2, 2005
The Xcalibur
It doesn't sit well, but if Crawford wasn't on like he was, that game is over before the end of the second period.

Some really terrible work by the referees on both sides of the equation, the most blatant being the ref staring at Crawford as he threw Fiddler's stick into the corner. It happens.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Deserve to, no doubt. But not why we lost.

Should've been up 2 or 3 after 1.

It MIGHT have been why we lost. It doesn't matter how much we should have been up. Without the bogus penalty 2 PROBABLY would have been enough. It's legitimate to blame refs on losses sometime. Some people hate that but it is true sometimes. The only caveat is that there's no guarantee they wouldn't have tied it up anyway at even strength. Moreso is the bad reasoning people sometimes use to make excuses like "didn't play well enough" or some version of that. That's irrelevant to the point. The point is that sometimes a team is up by one score and is tied after a bad call. That means the refs had a direct impact on the outcome.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Meh, we could've won that if we finished our chances. Fiddler should have scored on his late breakaway and Eaves had that one go off the crossbar on the wide open net.

We dominated Chicago in front of a full barn and came out with a point. Kari turned his game around and the defence proved that the end of last year wasn't a fluke. We also managed a point out of it. It's a loss, but an acceptable one to start the year.

Hope KConn is ok. Only saw him for one shift in the third. Imagine we'll see Oleksiak next game.

Brand New Stars

Some dumb ***** behind me said "I ****in hate that guy. Trevor Daley. How the **** did he get an A?" the first time he touched the puck. To truly hate such a solid player that was huge during the playoff run/playoffs just makes me think you're a racist.

MetalGodAOD*

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 5m5 minutes ago

Coach Joel Quenneville said someone should "call the cops" because #Blackhawks stole two points vs. Stars.

welll

Arno Dorian*

Sep 4, 2010
Austin, TX
The one point is certainly important, even though the Stars deserved 2. I am just glad it's over and shocked by how good the Stars looked the whole game, really. Crawford bailed out the Blackhawks. This Stars team could be special.

Caseman

Jan 23, 2008
San Jose, CA
I had evening class during the 3rd period, but from what I saw, the Hawks turned tables and were all over the Stars. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Overall, I'm happy from what I saw. The Stars controlled the puck and limited the Hawks for long stretches (in the beginning at least). It's nice to see. Looking forward to seeing this group continue to meld together.

Arno Dorian*

Sep 4, 2010
Austin, TX
I had evening class during the 3rd period, but from what I saw, the Hawks turned tables and were all over the Stars. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Overall, I'm happy from what I saw. The Stars controlled the puck and limited the Hawks for long stretches (in the beginning at least). It's nice to see. Looking forward to seeing this group continue to meld together.

Honestly, it was more like the Hawks showed signs of life in the third period. The Stars still had plenty of good chances, but Crawford just had their number.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad