2017-18 - 63
2016-17 - 43
2015-16 - 52
2014-15 - 60
2013-14 - 56
2012-13 - 49
2011-12 - 69

And you define RHN as a 45 point player? Get real buddy
You want to value players on prorated stats that's your right, I'm not paying for what they could do if they stay healthy

I have no problem if someone wants to say Gally is a 45-50 pt winger, 2 years ago he was on pace for 62, he's missed a lot of time since so I'm not on here saying he's a 65 pt winger

As I said a few posts back pace means nothing, at the end of the day I'm getting 45 pts/yr if I trade for RNH so that's what I value him at, if I was actually getting 55-65 then he's more valuable and likely not available

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
That could've been word-for-word Edmonton fans talking about Hall 2 years ago. Just sayin' is all.
And turns out they were probably right but who knows what Hall does without the wake up call

I have no illusions that our GM isn't also an idiot and nothing would surprise me with what deals he makes

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
You want to value players on prorated stats that's your right, I'm not paying for what they could do if they stay healthy

I have no problem if someone wants to say Gally is a 45-50 pt winger, 2 years ago he was on pace for 62, he's missed a lot of time since so I'm not on here saying he's a 65 pt winger

As I said a few posts back pace means nothing, at the end of the day I'm getting 45 pts/yr if I trade for RNH so that's what I value him at, if I was actually getting 55-65 then he's more valuable and likely not available

Nuge is worth a hell of a lot more than Gallagher. That's the bottom line

Last edited:
Reactions: TrentonF

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
The Oilers really need to fix their D situation . There is a defense men in this draft in the postion that oilers pick that i know for a fact will 100% help solidify their back end . Hopefully they draft him if not I really want the LEAFS to trade up for him .

IMO Oilers don't need anymore forward help they need to start trying guys out from their system until they find someone who impresses them. Do need a 5'8 winger yeah hes good but you might have someone home grown.

The only player i can see moved is RNH . Because he's a player like ROR , hes not a number 1 bonfire C but hes a solid 2C can fill the role of 1C if needed . he can be moved for some help in other areas

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
The Oilers really need to fix their D situation . There is a defense men in this draft in the postion that oilers pick that i know for a fact will 100% help solidify their back end . Hopefully they draft him if not I really want the LEAFS to trade up for him .

IMO Oilers don't need anymore forward help they need to start trying guys out from their system until they find someone who impresses them. Do need a 5'8 winger yeah hes good but you might have someone home grown.

The only player i can see moved is RNH . Because he's a player like ROR , hes not a number 1 bonfire C but hes a solid 2C can fill the role of 1C if needed . he can be moved for some help in other areas
The thing is he fits in perfectly on McDavid's wing. He can think the game and he has the offensive tools to excel there. If RNH is the solution as 1LW, we can let Draisaitl center his own line 100% of the time. I think RNH isn't going anywhere.
Klefbom, the 1st, and prospects are the assets in play this offseason. Edmonton is 4 players away from being a perennial play off team.
1. #1 RHD PMD (tough. very tough to get)
2. #1 RW (easier to get than a RHD but still not cheap)
3. Middle 6 winger
4. Back up goaltender who can play 25-30 games

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Nuge is worth a hell of a lot more than Gallagher. That's the bottom line
An Oiler fan made this thread asking what it would take. It would take Nuge to get Gallagher. That's the bottom line.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I think RNH for Gallagher or offer #2 in this thread is fair value and I would do either of them.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Trading Gallagher would absolutely need to be for a top 6 center or a top 4 lhd.

We can't trade him without getting RNH or Klefbom back.

Off course, there would be pieces added to make it works value wise but nothing like a top 7 pick.

Habs have good wingers to trade but the lack of team's offense makes them almost impossible to trade without getting those pieces in return.

I personnally would prefer the Habs to rebuild by seriously doubt it will happen. If they go for a retool, they need to fill top 6 center and top 4 lhd by trading one of their wingers and with the top 7 pick.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I think RNH for Gallagher or offer #2 in this thread is fair value and I would do either of them.

Yeah i would also say so. But i would agree with Oilers fans that we would need to add to Gallagher to get RNH. Like a 2nd rounder or equal.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
If the Habs somehow manage to sign Tavares, then Gallagher for a RNH is their best move.
If no JT, then the Habs should hit the rebuild button and do Strome+9th OA

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Habs are irrelevant for the next few seasons, might as well and max out his trade value right now. Draft a high end C or D with the pick and tank for a few years.

That is a terrible plan. Gallagher is still signed for a couple of more years and we need guys like him for the rebuild. 9th overall pick is certainly not attractive enough to let Gallagher go. Only way I would deal him is if we fill an even bigger need with the trade (a top 6 C) and RNH is who I would be looking at. We don't want to deal with another year of Drouin/Byron/some other winger centering one of our top two lines. And Strome is not good enough for that either.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
An Oiler fan made this thread asking what it would take. It would take Nuge to get Gallagher. That's the bottom line.

Gallaghers are a dime a dozen.
As a Canadiens fan you love Gallagher and you think Nuge is a fair deal. The market sees it a lot differently.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Gallaghers are a dime a dozen.
As a Canadiens fan you love Gallagher and you think Nuge is a fair deal. The market sees it a lot differently.
I can't agree with you on this. I see 3rd and 4th liners a dime a dozen kind of NHLers. Gallagher isn't that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad