Value of: Gallagher to the Oilers

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
A 30 goal scorer, RHS RW from Edmonton who would be a great fit on either McDavid or Draisaitl's wing. Only 25 years old and is a heart and soul player who never takes a shift off. What would the asking price be?

Strome + Bear + 2nd?
Strome + 9th Overall?

Reactions: Ori

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
A 30 goal scorer, RHS RW from Edmonton who would be a great fit on either McDavid or Draisaitl's wing. Only 25 years old and is a heart and soul player who never takes a shift off. What would the asking price be?

Strome + Bear + 2nd?
Strome + 9th Overall?

... how does Bear+2nd = 9th overall?

The Habs need top 6 C’s. Desperately. I don’t think they deal Gallagher less than that.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
... how does Bear+2nd = 9th overall?

The Habs need top 6 C’s. Desperately. I don’t think they deal Gallagher less than that.

Depends. If we go for an all-out rebuild, I'd be fine with the pick.

It's never going to happen though. I don't see him being traded at all.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Unfortunately Oilers would need to dump salary on top of any trade they make.

Love Gally. And in the event of a rebuild (Also dont see MB ever going in that direction), he would get a LOT more from most other teams in the league.
He's actually from BC. He says NO to Edmonton, on principle.
He was born in Edmonton, where he spent most of his childhood.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
You can get a 2nd + for him for sure or a late 1st in consider value - he is only 25 and has a record season with 54 pts. while the whole team struggle and trading upwards after his last injury season.

I hope Rangers would be interested too with some kind of offer if they are going to compete next season - maybe a late Boston 1st for him in 2018, thoughts?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
You can get a 2nd + for him for sure or a late 1st in consider value - he is only 25 and has a record season with 54 pts. while the whole team struggle and trading upwards after his last injury season.

I hope Rangers would be interested too with some kind of offer if they are going to compete next season - maybe a late Boston 1st for him in 2018, thoughts?
Lol, we aren't trading Gallagher for a late 1st.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Lol, we aren't trading Gallagher for a late 1st.
He is definitely worth it production wise if you exlude his injury season in 2016-17 - how many Rangers had over 50 pts this season? Only Zuccarello and not many above 40 pts - you don`t only look at draft position in his draft year @The Great Schlemko and base his value out of that.

He would fit nicely on our 3rd line as RW, and there are many late 1st picks which burst as well, and we have many example of that the last 5-6 years.

Besides Canadians need picks while rebuilding their team.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

Lol you’re not even getting Gallagher’s f***ed up finger for a late first. Get real

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
He is definitely worth it production wise if you exlude his injury season in 2016-17 - how many Rangers had over 50 pts this season? Only Zuccarello and not many above 40 pts - you don`t only look at draft position in his draft year @The Great Schlemko and base his value out of that.

He would fit nicely on our 3rd line as RW, and there are many late 1st picks which burst as well, and we have many example of that the last 5-6 years.

Fine. We will take Skjei for 2x early 2nd since it’s what he’s worth production wise. He will fit nicely on our 2nd pairing D.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015

Gallagher is worth significantly more than a late 1st.

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
Really? We're shooting ourselves in the leg with that trade. If I'm dealing Gallagher to Edmonton, it's RNH or no deal.
Habs are irrelevant for the next few seasons, might as well and max out his trade value right now. Draft a high end C or D with the pick and tank for a few years.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017

Strome + Bear + 2nd?
Strome + 9th Overall?
Brutal for Montreal they are not trading their best player.

ToNedOuT

Apr 22, 2004
Victoria BC

I know hab fans get a bad rap for overvaluing their players, but a late first??? Come on. A young hard working 30 goal scorer on a good contract...even with a horrible GM like Bergevin you're going to have to really overpay to pry him away.

Reactions: Ori

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad