Reactions: Peanut

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Leafs actually have the offensive talent to do this to Marner. We don't.

Don't watch many Leaf games so I dunno if he isn't playign a 200ft game or anything, but he does have 4 points so far (but a -6).

I mean, I guess he must be playing poorly in other areas but given how we're doing, he'd be our leading scorer...

Reactions: ArsHabs

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Just a little note on how different things are in Toronto and Montreal. Toronto demoted a promising young player in Marner to the 4th line, meanwhile he has more points than anyone in Montreal.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Don't watch many Leaf games so I dunno if he isn't playign a 200ft game or anything, but he does have 4 points so far (but a -6).

I mean, I guess he must be playing poorly in other areas but given how we're doing, he'd be our leading scorer...

The Leafs played poorly in their last 2 games and they have the horses to make that kind of move.
In Habsland, Hartnell would be the scoring leader... Hartnell... So burrying Galchenyuk make a lot of sense... Obviously.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
I really hope MB has no interest in trading Galchenyuk for a 33 year old Pavelski likely being the main piece coming back. The age gap is way too big to even consider something like this from a Habs POV IMO.
Agreed Pavelski for Galchenyuk would be a disaster trade for the habs.

Reactions: sheed36

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Just a little note on how different things are in Toronto and Montreal. Toronto demoted a promising young player in Marner to the 4th line, meanwhile he has more points than anyone in Montreal.

Yes, and it isnt the first time. The difference is Marner will play harder and dig himself out of it until he gets back into the top 6, unlike our demoted youngster, who 5 years in, still expects a free ride

Reactions: Archijerej

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Why would we give a **** about the leafs's lineup ?

Do you really think it's smart to play Marner on the 4th line ?

Pretty sure Leafs fans are upset about that.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/jvr-bozak-marner.2395437/page-19

Is our offense as good as the Leafs ?

Regardless of all that, Babcock is not perfect and he can make stupid choices too.

Double reasons. Brown has been playing great. Marner playing lousy. Babs wants to reward one , wake up the other.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I really hope MB has no interest in trading Galchenyuk for a 33 year old Pavelski likely being the main piece coming back. The age gap is way too big to even consider something like this from a Habs POV IMO.

Sounds like an MB deal to me.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Have not seen the game and according to the stats sheet, he was a -1 last night. Gonna guess he was a non-factor otherwise.

That said, with our spectacular start this season, maybe it's time to at least try him at center, even if it is on the 4th line. However, better still, move him up with Drouin, even if it is on the wing. The Patches/Drouin experiment is a bust IMO. Pair #67 with Danault where they had some success last year.

Before anyone saying he has to play better before being "rewarded", this isn't primary school. This should be about putting the right pieces together. Without any local media pressure, I think the remaining games on this trip is an ideal time to pair Chuck and Dru.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad