Player Discussion Galchenyuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patccmoi

Aug 11, 2010
I fully agree that it's time to try him with Drouin.

I mean ok, he's had a poor start of the season. You know who else has 1 goal and no assist? About half the team. And they're not all on the 4th line, and some of them (Pacioretty) had a hell of a lot more opportunities to do something about it.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Even the ^#$%#$%^%$^ Playstation knows when you set coaching to auto, it puts complimentary players together... snipers with playmakers.

Then again, it sends top-6 defencemen to the minors like it did with Alzner and Benn when I started my recent season...

Johnny31

Aug 4, 2017
Its been two good games from Galchenyuk and he is own of the few players in the team that can create offense by himself. Put him with one of the Drouin, Hudon or Lekhonen for god sakes... Maybe we will score more than 2 goals per games

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Even the ^#$%#$%^%$^ Playstation knows when you set coaching to auto, it puts complimentary players together... snipers with playmakers.

Then again, it sends top-6 defencemen to the minors like it did with Alzner and Benn when I started my recent season...

Sending Benn down to the minors was probably the right call :)

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Jul 6, 2016
I am not a Galchy fan, but I don't understand what CJ is trying to achieve by placing him on a bottom line. The guy looks obviously uninterested and it's not the way to re-start him to put him there. And if MB is planning to trade him, he just lowering his value by the minute.

What's wrong with Galchy ? His past injuries ? His father being around and coaching him from the outside ? His off-ice behaviour ? The lost of his best buddy Beaulieu and the Russian speaking players ? His lack of ovreall hockey IQ ?

Before losing him for next to nothing I demand CJ to play him on the top-six with talented teamates. maybe it's gonna spark him for good and help the team go back on a winning trail.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It's almost like it takes a complimentary offensive player to get another offensive player going.... Our team is run by incompetent buffoons.:help:
That's a very simplistic way of looking at it...there's more to hockey than just pairing up the most skilled players together.

If only it was that easy

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
That's a very simplistic way of looking at it...there's more to hockey than just pairing up the most skilled players together.

If only it was that easy

It's not simplistic when I've gone into much detail all summer about how this exact outcome was going to happen. I never said anything about pairing the most skilled players together , I said complimentary players.
Players that make sense with eachother , it doesn't take a genius to understand that Drouin and Galchenyuk would be a great fit. We are much better suited having both our young former 3rd overall picks developp chemistry together and Pacioretty can figure it out with almost anyone else (as he's done in the past).

I would love a lineup of :

Hudon - Galchenyuk - Drouin (switch Drouin and Chucky as you prefer)
Pacioretty - Danault - Lekhonen
Byron - Plekanec - Gallagher
McCarron/Mitchell - DLR - Shaw

Mete - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Schlemko - Jerabek

Price
Montoya

I know I'll never get to see this lineup because big chief purple pants wouldn't allow that.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008

If only it was that easy

What was it that you said in the Drouin thread who was responsible for 3 goals against because of shoddy defense ,"But yeah...let's shred the 22yr old player who is learning the position and who leads this team in scoring. "

You should take your own advice.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Galchenyuk in his 6th year should be a player who can provide offense on his own, however, when you're put with Mitchell and Hemsky there are few players in the league who could play 4th line minutes and be productive with plugs like that. I get a coach trying to light a spark under a player, but CJ is not only hurting Galchenyuk right now he's hurting the team who struggles to score 2 goals a game.

Hudon has been creating a lot of chances offensively but he keeps playing with players who lack skill, throw Galchenyuk on his right side with a defensive guy like Plekanec as the centre and actually give Galchenyuk a chance to get confident offensively.

Reactions: Yoor

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
What was it that you said in the Drouin thread who was responsible for 3 goals against because of shoddy defense ,"But yeah...let's shred the 22yr old player who is learning the position and who leads this team in scoring. "

You should take your own advice.
Who did I shred?

This should be fun...because the post you quoted, was just a general thought for ANY player, you only think I was referring to Galchenyuk specifically.

But go ahead...I can't wait to see how you spin this one.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

If only it was that easy

It may be simplistic, but it's not idiotic. As in burying a skilled scorer on the 4th line with non-complementary players.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It's not simplistic when I've gone into much detail all summer about how this exact outcome was going to happen. I never said anything about pairing the most skilled players together , I said complimentary players.
Players that make sense with eachother , it doesn't take a genius to understand that Drouin and Galchenyuk would be a great fit. We are much better suited having both our young former 3rd overall picks developp chemistry together and Pacioretty can figure it out with almost anyone else (as he's done in the past).

I would love a lineup of :

Hudon - Galchenyuk - Drouin (switch Drouin and Chucky as you prefer)
Pacioretty - Danault - Lekhonen
Byron - Plekanec - Gallagher
McCarron/Mitchell - DLR - Shaw

Mete - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Schlemko - Jerabek

Price
Montoya

I know I'll never get to see this lineup because big chief purple pants wouldn't allow that.

Certainly don't disagree with that...I've been wanting to see Galchenyuk & Drouin since training camp.

But I also didn't think Galchenyuk was making much of a case to even try it...

Last edited by a moderator:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It may be simplistic, but it's not idiotic. As in burying a skilled scorer on the 4th line with non-complementary players.
And do you really think CJ is doing this just for fun?

There's a reason he's ended on the 4th line...if Galchenyuk was playing up to the level of his talent, like we all know he can, he wouldn't be on the 4th line.

That being said...it's lasted long enough, and the Drouin-Pacioretty connection isn't catching fire right now.

Time to try new solutions.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

There's a reason he's ended on the 4th line...if Galchenyuk was playing up to the level of his talent, like we all know he can, he wouldn't be on the 4th line.

That being said...it's lasted long enough, and the Drouin-Pacioretty connection isn't catching fire right now.

Incompetence on the part of mgmt.

Reactions: Peanut

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008

Relax guys it's only preseason. Drouin, Hudon, Lehkonen are showing more effort. It's imperative that we keep these shitty lines together despite showing no chemistry. Not like preseason would have been a good time to try some lines that might have worked instead of feeding us Galchenyuk with Danault for 10 straight games and now he's on the 4th line.

Management undeservingly gave Danault the #1C spot. Mangement had a chance to do the right thing BEFORE Galchneyuk lost his confidence and became disinterested. Bergevin doesn't like Galchenyuk? Not a problem. But not even Joe Sakic is stupid enough to play Duchene on the 4th line.

I will say one last thing on the topic of coddling. Why coddle Galchenyuk? Because with some players you just HAVE to. That's why. Think about say Kovalev who might show up for every other game despite being the most skilled player on the planet. Do you really think that the best way to motivate him and get the most of him would be to play him on the 4th line? I don't want to make this a russian thing but russian people are a very proud people. You can't compare unskilled grinders who have made a career of putting on their work boots and will perform the exact same regardless of where they play. Skilled guys require more tact, finesse and ego stroking.

Think about kids. Sure yelling at them might get them to clean up their room this one time but it won't do a damn thing to turn them into mature responsible adults unless you explain to them the value of their actions. In the same way these jedi mind tricks will not work on Galchenyuk assuming they are not actually trying to turn him into a 4th liner instead of a 1st liner same way they tried to turn him into a center by playing on the wing.

This isn't about Drouin vs Galchenyuk but rather the way people will go out of their way to apologize for Drouin will simultaneously accept the mistreatment of Galchneyuk. I've said on numerous occasions that Galchenyk with Drouin could form one of the best lines in the league, with Alex at C and Drouin at RW. Could they succeed if their roles were reversed? I don't know but Tampa tried Drouin at center and it didn't work. Remember that Drouin just flatout refused to play when he disagreed with management and they were forced to trade him. Would Galchenyuk be better served if he manned up and just refused to play unless he were in the top 6? I mean if it was good for Drouin it should be good for Galchenyuk right?

rafalesque

Apr 9, 2017
I want everybody to shut up. You have Galchy on 1st line not because he deserved it. so shut and watch the game. then see the score sheet. that is enough

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
A poisoned gift his promotion in the first trio. The slightest mistake is gonna be fatal for him. He costs already two stupid penalty( LA scored a goal)

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

If only it was that easy

If it was easy, Habs management would struggle so much.

Reactions: Peanut
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad