Injury Report: Gaborik out 8 weeks with foot injury

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
Get rid of the ****ing event.... Its extremely idiotic to have this event before the season..

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Glassborik.

8 weeks plus how many months to round into form?

I love Gabby, but I hope he can get past the 20 goal mark this year.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Gaborik gets injured with or without this tournament.

In all seriousness, why couldn't it be held in July or August so that in case there were any injuries, players would have more recovery time before the season starts?

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
He could be hurt at the Olympics too, and the Kings don't benefit from that either. No reason to blame the World Cup. He got hurt in a random NHL regular season game last year.

2 months, and he comes back closer to the dog days of the season. Gets back in the lineup, and plays his way into it. Other guys just have to step up between now and then.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
He could be hurt at the Olympics too, and the Kings don't benefit from that either. No reason to blame the World Cup. He got hurt in a random NHL regular season game last year.

2 months, and he comes back closer to the dog days of the season. Gets back in the lineup, and plays his way into it. Other guys just have to step up between now and then.

But you don't understand. The players should only play at events fans approve of, and only in those fake sumo suits so nobody else gets hurt.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
And people wonder why I would love for the Kings to get rid of his contract...

Not sure anyone wonders why. I think most agree with it, all things being equal. Just that, outside of retirement, there's little reason to expect Lombardi to be able to do it. Nobody needs 4 more years of Gaborik after this season.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Unfortunate and unlucky, usually Gaborik is injuring his groin, but a shot to the foot is a fluke injury, almost Justin Williams like. He was the X factor we needed most this season. Now until he comes back we have to hope that Brown will regain some of his offensive form...

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
But you don't understand. The players should only play at events fans approve of, and only in those fake sumo suits so nobody else gets hurt.

They shouldn't be at the Olympics and this joke of a tournament shouldn't exist.

I approve of the Olympics, by the way. They should just make it that it is the WJC rosters pretty much.

Way too much money at stake to have these guys get hurt for no reason except for, in this case, the NHL to try and make some money. At least with the Olympics, they are playing for their country and not possible "Europe".

I have several season seats I pay for. Now the product that I pay for is not going to be as good. Of course, he could break his foot making pancakes but the point is that he was in an unnecessary position and now his eight week absence could be the difference between qualifying for the playoffs or missing them altogether.

It's stupid, just like sending them to the Olympics right before the playoffs start.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
They shouldn't be at the Olympics and this joke of a tournament shouldn't exist.

I approve of the Olympics, by the way. They should just make it that it is the WJC rosters pretty much.

Way too much money at stake to have these guys get hurt for no reason except for, in this case, the NHL to try and make some money. At least with the Olympics, they are playing for their country and not possible "Europe".

I have several season seats I pay for. Now the product that I pay for is not going to be as good. Of course, he could break his foot making pancakes but the point is that he was in an unnecessary position and now his eight week absence could be the difference between qualifying for the playoffs or missing them altogether.

It's stupid, just like sending them to the Olympics right before the playoffs start.

Take it up with the PA. They want Olympic participation, and were part of the process to create the World Cup again. Most go to the World Championships when their NHL season ends. Players like playing in these tournaments.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
So does Setoguchi make the team now?
Maybe with him turning his life around, he can contribute a few goals?

Thought he always had good speed.

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Take it up with the PA. They want Olympic participation, and were part of the process to create the World Cup again. Most go to the World Championships when their NHL season ends. Players like playing in these tournaments.

They play for their countries at the Olympics and WCs with the WCs being a huge deal in Europe.

What we have here is a tournament featuring video game teams along with national teams.

Pretty sure the players want Olympics and had to agree to doing the WCs to even get the owners to be interested in allowing the Olympic trip again.

As for the players, they are hockey players so I get that they like playing for their teams or playing against the best of the best. They are paid guaranteed money to play for their NHL club team though so the real problem here is that the NHL created this sham so the owners could make some money.

Guy gets hurt in the Olympics and GMs/owners are pissed. Get hurt here, well, it's okay because they are making money.

It's just so not worth it just to get some hockey in early September.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
this give michael mersch a shot to make the team out of camp. I could see the lineup looking like this

pearson kopitar brown
king carter toffoli
mersch dowd purcell
clifford andreoff lewis

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
LoL @ all the whiners here!

:razz:

Maybe it is a language barrier or something, but why are you seemingly pleased that Gaborik is out 8 weeks? Because you like this tournament and think it is actually important?

If so, save the comment and go make a Kopitar message board if that's all that really matters.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
They play for their countries at the Olympics and WCs with the WCs being a huge deal in Europe.

What we have here is a tournament featuring video game teams along with national teams.

Pretty sure the players want Olympics and had to agree to doing the WCs to even get the owners to be interested in allowing the Olympic trip again.

As for the players, they are hockey players so I get that they like playing for their teams or playing against the best of the best. They are paid guaranteed money to play for their NHL club team though so the real problem here is that the NHL created this sham so the owners could make some money.

Guy gets hurt in the Olympics and GMs/owners are pissed. Get hurt here, well, it's okay because they are making money.

I doubt that, the players are getting 50% of the revenue.
So guess they are greedy just like the owners.:sarcasm:

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I doubt that, the players are getting 50% of the revenue.
So guess they are greedy just like the owners.:sarcasm:

Well ****...I'd be for it too if I was a player not playing in this tournament if the pie is getting split.

Also, guaranteed contracts so who cares, right? Might stay away if it is a contract year but, if not, go for it.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

I've never been big into the international tournaments. If they didn't do any of them, it's no skin off my nose. But I'm not in Canada, where they're always the favorite to win, and I can easily watch all the best players from across the Atlantic, because those players don't play in leagues in those countries.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
And I thought defense was going to be the MAIN issue, but looks like we will have one scoring line and a ****** defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad