Confirmed with Link: Gaborik, Delisle, Parlett to CBJ for Brassard, Dorsett, J. Moore and 6th Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

schabadoo

Feb 16, 2012
This is uttered a lot. It's true, Gaborik had two of his best seasons under Tortorella. But he also had his two worse.

It's clearly not an offense friendly way of playing hockey. Gaborik having success in it is a testament to how good he is.

Cognitive Dissonance: the feeling of discomfort when simultaneously holding two or more conflicting ideas.

NYR Sting

Heart and Soul
Jul 4, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
How is a Dman that's already an upgrade over Hamerlik going to help? Such an odd question.

I actually think Moore is the key piece in this deal, but he has a ways to go, IMO, before he is a notable player.

Brassard has basically the same points as Gabby does this year. Not much of a fall-off.

Which one has the potential to raise those numbers? Brassard is the part of this deal that bothers me. I like getting Dorsett, and I think Moore is an interesting piece, but Brassard is . . . let's just say he's not a good fit on a well-constructed team.

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ
I tend to think this team was never quite as good in reality as it was on here by people who fell in love with a bunch gutsy, hard working, DEPTH players.

I don't think the team a year ago was substantially better than this years model. I think the difference is that last years underachieved and this years underachieved. But from an overall talent standpoint, I really don't think there was a huge difference other than we loved the kids we actually got to see come up through the system.

Because we moved home grown guys, the first we've had in a long time, I don't think anything short of a season like Hawks or Pens was going to be worth it for some of the fans.

My point is look at the turnover from just last spring, what GM rips up a team less than a year being in the ECF? Since last summer it's been mistake after mistake by this GM all in a half a season of hockey. The thing that pisses me off the most is he won't even be questioned about it because he's Sather, the guy who hasn't won in 2 decades.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I hope we either win 5-1 with the new line up or lose 4-1 with 45 SA and only 12 shots on goal and have everyone freak out :D

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
I wonder if adding Moore combined with the development of McI could give the Rangers to move a D at the draft or over the summer, especially if Richards is bought out. Possibly for a young center man or LW?

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Yeah, but yeah.

Who's ahead of him? Hamrlik? Gilroy? Emminger? Stralman? Nope.

Have you watched CBJ games this season? I have. Quite a few. He's an upgrade over any of those guys. When Staal comes back he's on the 5/6 pairing.
I would bet both Eminger and Stralman get more minutes than him.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
We just got hosed. What a dumbbbbb deal. I haven't been this mad since I can't even remember. Horrible trade.

MadHookUp

Jul 24, 2005
I want Torts gone bad. But if he is going to stay, Gaborik had to go. Gaborik had to go by the draft anyway.

I think the problem with this team is two things...
1.) TORTS
2.) Due to #1, I think this team gets bored as hell playing this system. Without guys like Prust and Avery to get the adrenaline going, this team starts falling asleep during games.

I think these trades will actually make the team better. I think Dorsett would have a huge impact if healthy. Him and Clowe won't allow everyone to fall asleep on the bench. On paper I think we have at least a slightly improved team over last years roster. The same group that were 2 wins from the cup. We also have quite a bit more cap space and got younger.

It appears everyone's issue is the return. People would be less up in arms about this trade if a #1 pick came back to us. But it appears it was either going to be a #1 Pick or Moore. I think another poster wrote that Moore was the 2nd best skater in the draft after Kreider. Someone also wrote that he has been playing RD in Columbus. I think people need to appreciate what Moore brings to this trade more than they already are. Especially since our scouting staff was so high on McDonagh when they traded for him. Maybe they are right on Moore as well.

As others have said... this Clowe and Gaborik trade is 100% "wait and see". There really is just no way to evaluate it right now.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Do the rangers even draft worth a damn with their #1 picks lately? Isn't all of our good talent later picks? I'm not too concerned about the #1.. i think we could have done better though.

Zamboner

Juice in his slacks
Feb 7, 2013
NY
So in conclusion,

We got a 3rd line center, who's skills don't translate to centering a 3rd line.

We got another solid left handed defenseman who doesn't create offense.

And we finally got Brandon Prust's replacement, but he can't play until the playoffs, that we probably won't make.

For Marian Gaborik.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
We just got hosed. What a dumbbbbb deal. I haven't been this mad since I can't even remember. Horrible trade.

What did you honestly expect to get in return for a delicate, non-physical goal scorer (who has not scored many goals) who counts 7.5M against the cap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad