Gaborik/Carcillo fight

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Someday, somewhere, Carcillo will have his head ripped off. He's pure trailer thrash.

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
I don't know Carcillo personally, but I'd be willing to bet he's never in his life gotten a Christmas present as nice as Gabby dropping his mitts last night. Any of the haters would love him on their team. He is entertaining and his stock as an elite pest is climbing in a contract year.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
Just jumped Gaborik...nice to pick a fight with a guy who doesn't fight.

Anyone else think this guy is gutless? Or is my criticism unfounded?
I personally dont think it is gutless. What the Rangers should have done was go after some of the skilled guys on Philly in response.

Default101

HAHAHA wow.. talk about homer announcers.. MSG.. coulda guessed that without even looking up at the top... anyways...

Carcillo is a farly disrespectful player, We had him in Sarnia for the majority of his junior career, he's a pretty classless act alot of the time, he had a love/hate relationship with the teams he played on because he'd contirbute offensively, but his antics lead to several losses during the course of the season. But after his interview with Michael Landsberg, and watching the footage..

Gaborik innititated the fight, Carcillo has no intention of fighting in that little scrum, he just grabbed the closest guy and pulled him away. Gaborik let the emotions get the best of him and they happened at the wrong time.

Carcillo didn't throw and dirty shots after he went down and it seems he put his head down once he realized who he was fighting. People gotta remember half the time when you're fighting in situations like that where you just grab the closest person, you don't know who your fighting.. and i'd go as far to say once Carcillo realized who he was fighting he settled down a little.

Everyone's talking about Briere, Richards, etc. what if some enforcer goes after them? By all means if Briere punches Brashear in the face then by all means it's Brashear's right to drop Briere, but it's classless for enforcers to chase down a star player and force him to fight. That is not what happened here. Don't worry Carcillo haters, you'll have PLENTY more opportunites to bash him, he's not stepping back from the edge anytime soon.

jb**

I love how some of the rangers players say they wont forget and he will get his. Oh really? They must have already forgotetn as by my count didnt they have the 2 and 3 period to address the situation if they really wanted too? Lundquist is comical as well. All that talk for a goalie who will 99% never fight. Bottom line is the rangers got it handed to them in every facet in that game. It happens. Get over it. I hope the last game of the season is meaningless for the flyers(doubtful) as that will make that game much more entertaining. That overy sure is a tough guy as well.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
This thread is LAUGHABLE. Sorry, but did i miss something? Is Gaborik a 12 year old girl in the middle of her troubling first period? No, he's a fully grown man that's responsible for his own actions and should back them up.

Gaborik cross checks Carcillo, scrums up with him and then drops his gloves. What in the name of christ do you expect Carcillo to do there? Turn around and leave it?

If Gaborik doesn't want to get the crap beaten out of him, he shouldn't drop his damn gloves. Christs sake...

Pruch025

Mar 21, 2007
If Giroux drops them, he'll get in a fight and we'll be happy with it.

THOSE'S THE RULES.

Those aren't the rules. That is why you don't see supserstars tangling it up with goons very often. Otherwise they would be run all day and night.

I think it was low personally and as I said before, if a Rangers brute decides to hit him in the face with an elbow or stick and injures him, then that should be fine too.

Or better yet, have Voros or Brashear completely take out (and I don't mean just with a big check, I mean as he is skating buy just punch him in the head/face) Richards. Then you will see how the tone will change.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
I think it was low personally and as I said before, if a Rangers brute decides to hit him in the face with an elbow or stick and injures him, then that should be fine too.

Or better yet, have Voros or Brashear completely take out (and I don't mean just with a big check, I mean as he is skating buy just punch him in the head/face) Richards. Then you will see how the tone will change.
Because that's exactly what happened with Carcillo and Gaborik, right?

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Those aren't the rules. That is why you don't see supserstars tangling it up with goons very often. Otherwise they would be run all day and night.

Answer the question i asked then. Gaborik cross checks him, scrums him and then drops his gloves. What exactly do you expect Carcillo to do?

If this weren't Carcillo, there'd be no debate.

You're comparing a goat with a lion here. What relevance does a blind punch by a real goon have to this entire debate? When did Carcillo hit anyone with an elbow or a stick? It never happened, what point are you even debating?

Pruch025

Mar 21, 2007
Because that's exactly what happened with Carcillo and Gaborik, right?

No but that is what Carcillo deserves. I want to see a Rangers tough guy fight Carter/Richards. Lets have Brashear fight and pummel one of them and then you come here and say it's fine.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Oftentimes, I think Carcillo needs to learn to control himself. He has some skill and if he wasn't taking majors and misconducts he could help his team.

In this particular case, the Village Idiot role goes to Gaborik. Marian picked the fight, dropped the gloves and put himself in a bad spot. If Carcillo didn't take the challenge, he wouldn't have been doing his job. If Gaborik can't do the time, he shouldn't do the crime.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
No but that is what Carcillo deserves. I want to see a Rangers tough guy fight Carter/Richards. Lets have Brashear fight and pummel one of them and then you come here and say it's fine.
If Carter/Richards or any other star picks a fight with Brashear and drops the gloves, then they deserve it, just like Gaborik did.

Now what if Ovechkin invites Brashear to fight and roundly kicks Brashear's ass? I wouldn't be surprised if Ovechkin did. He looks like a middle linebacker.

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
If Carter/Richards or any other star picks a fight with Brashear and drops the gloves, then they deserve it, just like Gaborik did.

Exactly. No one forced Gaborik to drop the gloves. I was surprised and somewhat impressed that he did, but he invited a beatdown. If Carter decided to fight Brashear, he deserves to get beaten up. That would be a stupid thing to do.

Now what if Ovechkin invites Brashear to fight and roundly kicks Brashear's ass? I wouldn't be surprised if Ovechkin did. He looks like a middle linebacker.

It's possible at this point.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I expect him to have respect for Gaborik and not do that. Just like Janssens did in 81 when he could have killed Trottier on the Isles but didn't. You just don't mix it up with the stars.

At what point does Gaborik earn this respect? It's not like he killed him either, he gave him 3 punches and then let him hit the ground.

If Gaborik wants to act like one of the big boys, he's got to take what comes with the territory.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeffrey93

Nov 7, 2007
I gotta say...the only classless and gutless things to come from this fight are a whole pile of the posts in this thread.

Hoping Carcillo suffers a career ending injury at the hands of a Ranger? Seriously??

All because Gaborik dropped his gloves and Carcillo responded....did I miss the part where Gaborik was beaten to a pulp so badly that he will never play the sport again??

Totally classless posts in here....they are really unbelievable. Some of the posters in here should be pretty embarassed. Carcillo doesn't even compare to how gutless some of the comments in here are. You're making him look like a Saint that shows nothing but respect and honour. Good work!

jme42257

Nov 27, 2007
Philadelphia
Ever since the Carcillo/Gaborik incident, I've been trying to set up the fight on NHL10. Unfortunately for me, every time Carcillo starts to push around Gabby, one of his teammates comes RIGHT over and starts a fight with me. It's a shame that the videogame NYRangers have balls, and the real ones don't.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Next matchup is March 14. Probably will be the NBC game of the week.

Last time Carcillo pissed off the other team where words like "respect" were being thrown around, and the media got involved, the Leafs came out with a pretty inspired effort and we lost 4-0. Carcillo turned the puck over that resulted in Tyler Bozak's 1st NHL goal and was one of the goats of the game (I simply don't believe Niklas Hagman honestly challenged him, has Hagman ever been in a fight before even?). The next game will be interesting to say the least, and we'll see if he learned anything from it in regards to the next matchup.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
If Richards or Carter is stupid enough to drop the gloves with Brashear, then I guess they'd get what they deserve. Are you really comparing Carcillo with Brashear?

Gaborik has no problem with the fight - why do you? If I were a NY Rangers fan, I'd be more pissed that no one stepped in for Gaborik, instead of trying to pin some sort of blame on Carcillo for obliging a player who dropped his gloves.

Last edited:

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Flyers' president Peter Luukko:

“Tortorella’s got it all wrong...Gaborik shouldn’t be messing with our skilled player.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad