GDT: G70: Blues @ Capitals | 3/17/23 | 7:00p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Absolutely not true, and kind of ridiculous you'd still believe that. You were boo hooing AA all year, suddenly he gets games and he seems like he can at least belong on a 3rd pair.

And magically, people don't get better if not given the opportunity. Absolutely wild concept, I know.
Get back to me if he proves to be more than a 4/5. I’ll wait….

…..and you can check, I’ve supported the draft pick since day one, so while I would love for him to develop into more….not seeing it.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
You don’t think they rolled over last night?
Led by the Captain sadly….the game before? They’re trying….

Last night, in a game where we got stomped on home ice, he was +1 with an assist in 22 minutes.

That makes him a 1/2 on this team.
Well Sandin is our #1 so it’s meaningless while tanking, but if that somehow validates you personally. /headpat

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
Yeah, when McMichael is ready to fill a roster hole (Lars)…….show me the exact comments indicating a divide between HC and GM…..I’ve seen or heard nothing that indicates some divide you Lavi haters are mentally fabricating…and they literally have nothing left BUT to play the young guys down the stretch….
I thought we could have an intelligent adult debate but I was wrong. Every time someone disagrees with you in a respectful manner you make it somehow personal. Good day good sir.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Get back to me if he proves to be more than a 4/5. I’ll wait….

…..and you can check, I’ve supported the draft pick since day one, so while I would love for him to develop into more….not seeing it.
What are you talking about? You going to keep moving the goal posts instead of actually standing pat on a point? We started with they don't even deserve to play cause obviously, if they could, Lavi would play them. Now we have to talk about they're not top line preimer players, as if that actually matters right now?

Seriously, what a joke. The condescension while being constantly and provable wrong makes it impossible to want to engage on this forum.

Last edited:

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Sid and Gino are probably out of the league at 38. I doubt we should criticize Ovy's game. I think he's already doing more than average player should at this age.
By now we know when Ovie is fully engaged, giving his all, leading by example, throwing hits, making a true effort in D zone. And we havent seen much of that lately. Maybe he’s still upset about Orlov and the other sell-offs. Maybe he’s affected, on the ice, by recent death of his dad. But he’s not playing particularly well or hard. It’s not an age thing, it’s an effort thing.

Bergeron’s old. Krecji’s old. They’re still busting their ass. Players can play into their early or even mid 40s. 38 is hardly the limit for full effort or effectiveness.

Just my opinion of course. And worth precisely what y’all paid for it :)

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
What are you talking about? You going to keep moving the goal posts instead of actually standing pat on a point? We started with they don't even deserve to play cause obviously, if they could, Lavi would play them. Now we have to talk about they're not top line preimer players, as if that actually matters right now?

Seriously, what a joke. The condescension while being constantly and provable wrong makes it impossible to want to engage on this forum.
Standard reply from you to anyone….”moving goalposts”…..you need fresh material.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I thought we could have an intelligent adult debate but I was wrong. Every time someone disagrees with you in a respectful manner you make it somehow personal. Good day good sir.
Nah sorry….you just don’t like being pressed for something more tangible than your opinion on this subject. It’s cool…..you don’t like being grouped with the Lavi haters, don’t so blatantly act like one. Not sure while you’re all riled up over that comment honestly, seems clear how you feel, so why be insulted? Own it... Good day to you….”sir”…..

• Haha
Reactions: SecretaryofDefense5

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
Nah sorry….you just don’t like being pressed for something more tangible than your opinion on this subject. It’s cool…..you don’t like being grouped with the Lavi haters, don’t so blatantly act like one. Not sure while you’re all riled up over that comment honestly, seems clear how you feel, so why be insulted? Own it... Good day to you….”sir”…..
“Sir” in quotes? Classy.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
Isn’t it your opinion that none of the kids will really amount to much?

How can you possibly know that?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Isn’t it your opinion that none of the kids will really amount to much?

How can you possibly know that?
I don’t think I said that.

I’ve seen enough of AA at the AHL level and in his time here to feel pretty firmly he’s not a guy likely to be a top pair NHL regular, and if we‘re lucky, he’ll likely top out as a 4/5 IMO. more likely a bottom pair guy on a good D Corp, but we’ll see.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad