Rossi is having a strong game again today

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Zuke going with the same move since 1967, just to surprise the goalie

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Don’t give up on Rossi. He’s so smart he just needs to get stronger, which he will

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Alright. So, get this. I get to my first job today. I work for a telco company that does phone & internet. Should be easy to discern who that is. Anyway. Customer is getting rid of their land line and having internet installed. Guy answers the door. He's extremely old. Answers the door using a walker. Introduce myself and we talk a bit about where he wants the modem, etc. As I'm doing the work, I realize he's got a metric f***ton of military medals, memorabilia and some birthday party type stuff sitting on a table in the dining room. I mention the medals, tell him I appreciate his service. His wife is sitting there and asks if I've seen the show. I said, 'Oddly enough, I just watched episodes 1 & 2 a few nights ago. Good show. Hard to believe what those guys went through.' She points at the husband. Explains to me who he is. Turns out, he's one of the only 4 surviving members of that 100th Bomber group. He was a navigator on one of those B-17's. The guy just turned 100 years old. Hanks & Spielberg flew him and the other 3 remaining guys out to L.A. for an event regarding the show. I was floored. Pretty small world to watch that show. Only guys 4 left still living. 1 lives here in MN and I get his job a few days after seeing it. Was really cool talking to him about his experiences.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Alright. So, get this. I get to my first job today. I work for a telco company that does phone & internet. Should be easy to discern who that is. Anyway. Customer is getting rid of their land line and having internet installed. Guy answers the door. He's extremely old. Answers the door using a walker. Introduce myself and we talk a bit about where he wants the modem, etc. As I'm doing the work, I realize he's got a metric f***ton of military medals, memorabilia and some birthday party type stuff sitting on a table in the dining room. I mention the medals, tell him I appreciate his service. His wife is sitting there and asks if I've seen the show. I said, 'Oddly enough, I just watched episodes 1 & 2 a few nights ago. Good show. Hard to believe what those guys went through.' She points at the husband. Explains to me who he is. Turns out, he's one of the only 4 surviving members of that 100th Bomber group. He was a navigator on one of those B-17's. The guy just turned 100 years old. Hanks & Spielberg flew him and the other 3 remaining guys out to L.A. for an event regarding the show. I was floored. Pretty small world to watch that show. Only 4 left. 1 lives here in MN and I get his job a few days after seeing it. Was really cool talking to him about his experiences.
That's crazy! #NoSarcasm
Did you ask him to spoil the series for you? :sarcasm:

Reactions: MK9

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Alright. So, get this. I get to my first job today. I work for a telco company that does phone & internet. Should be easy to discern who that is. Anyway. Customer is getting rid of their land line and having internet installed. Guy answers the door. He's extremely old. Answers the door using a walker. Introduce myself and we talk a bit about where he wants the modem, etc. As I'm doing the work, I realize he's got a metric f***ton of military medals, memorabilia and some birthday party type stuff sitting on a table in the dining room. I mention the medals, tell him I appreciate his service. His wife is sitting there and asks if I've seen the show. I said, 'Oddly enough, I just watched episodes 1 & 2 a few nights ago. Good show. Hard to believe what those guys went through.' She points at the husband. Explains to me who he is. Turns out, he's one of the only 4 surviving members of that 100th Bomber group. He was a navigator on one of those B-17's. The guy just turned 100 years old. Hanks & Spielberg flew him and the other 3 remaining guys out to L.A. for an event regarding the show. I was floored. Pretty small world to watch that show. Only guys 4 left still living. 1 lives here in MN and I get his job a few days after seeing it. Was really cool talking to him about his experiences.
Love it!
I would have hugged him.

Reactions: 63firebird and MK9

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
That's crazy! #NoSarcasm
Did you ask him to spoil the series for you? :sarcasm:
Oh...and then he tells me he also flew in the Korean war as well. Guess all total he served 23 years. Man, you'd think after the big one you'd call it good and get the hell away from all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad