G Ilya Sorokin (2014, 78th, NYI)

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
He was at the isles prospect camp? Anyone know how he did there

He was at the summer prospect camp, he probably was the best player(or most noticeable one). All that being said it's hard to gauge how good or bad somebody is when they playing against a bunch of junior level players and guys who may never sniff time in the ECHL much less the AHL

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I am looking at past comments and just am curious about his contract situation... Is he actually under contract this season and next season in KHL? Basically NYI wont get him here until the 2018/19 season?

monsieurthibz

Oct 8, 2016
Montreal
I am looking at past comments and just am curious about his contract situation... Is he actually under contract this season and next season in KHL? Basically NYI wont get him here until the 2018/19 season?

That is correct. And it's not a bad thing either, though the Isles will want to put him under contract before the K decides to offer him 587632 millions a year and a palace.

monsieurthibz

Oct 8, 2016
Montreal
Does Greiss not have an option? Why would he only sign one year?
I think people aren't thinking straight here, especially considering that Sorokin has never played an NHL game. Heck, he might be playing a whole year in the AHL in a year or so before making the real big jump. I can see it from miles (months*) away, people are gonna blame the organization for doing that.. :shakehead Give the Islanders a break, they just lost their freaking arena!!

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I think people aren't thinking straight here, especially considering that Sorokin has never played an NHL game. Heck, he might be playing a whole year in the AHL in a year or so before making the real big jump. I can see it from miles (months*) away, people are gonna blame the organization for doing that.. :shakehead Give the Islanders a break, they just lost their freaking arena!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sorokin outgrew AHL two years ago. Should the Islanders offer him AHL he should just laugh in their faces.

monsieurthibz

Oct 8, 2016
Montreal
No need to be laughing sarcastically, I was't aware of what he said concerning the AHL. So it'll be a case of Buchnevich, as in he'll only make the move to NA id f he's got a guaranteed spot with the Isles?

luki here

Jan 30, 2011
Vienna
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sorokin outgrew AHL two years ago. Should the Islanders offer him AHL he should just laugh in their faces.

He will be on an elc. He does what the isles want him to do or he can go back to the khl (dont really care if he laughs while doing it or not). I think it is realistic that he needs a year of ahl to get used to north american hockey.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
He does what the isles want him to do or he can go back to the khl (dont really care if he laughs while doing it or not).

This is great attitude towards the best (arguably) prospect in the system. Don't see it backfiring at all :sarcasm:

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
He will be on an elc. He does what the isles want him to do or he can go back to the khl (dont really care if he laughs while doing it or not). I think it is realistic that he needs a year of ahl to get used to north american hockey.
How much of Sorokin have you seen and what feats of NA hockey do you want him to be learning for an entire year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad