WJC: Future World Jr Locations

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

This is not 100% confirmed or anything and a just a tentative plan to my knowledge.

There was a Czech/Slovak 'derby' in Europe earlier this week and there 900 people there. That is beyond disapointing. Tickets are not overpriced (this time) so I don't think it is a money issue.

For me, Czechs always have great attendance and I hope it's Brno. For Canada, I hope it's not an NHL city. My vote is London, Ontario who suppports junior hockey at a level that is hard to beat! I love the Vegas Idea for the US and have suggested that is a good spot for the NHL World Cups too.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
For Canada, I hope it's not an NHL city. My vote is London, Ontario who suppports junior hockey at a level that is hard to beat! I love the Vegas Idea for the US and have suggested that is a good spot for the NHL World Cups too.

Search "world juniors london" right now and ask yourself if they would really want to go back there that soon

I also think Vegas is a terrible idea for a tournament played by teenagers

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Search "world juniors london" right now and ask yourself if they would really want to go back there that soon

Good point about London... didn't occur to me to be honest. In fairness, that wasn't a London issue per se but I get your point. At any rate, I'd like it to be a smaller Canadian town and not an NHL one.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

It seems like the IIHF usually tries to find where they can milk the (Canadian) paying public the most. Vegas might be an option just to try to bank on having a lot of tourist infrastructure available including flights and accommodations in bundles.

Reactions: Czechboy

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

This is not 100% confirmed or anything and a just a tentative plan to my knowledge.

There was a Czech/Slovak 'derby' in Europe earlier this week and there 900 people there. That is beyond disapointing. Tickets are not overpriced (this time) so I don't think it is a money issue.

For me, Czechs always have great attendance and I hope it's Brno. For Canada, I hope it's not an NHL city. My vote is London, Ontario who suppports junior hockey at a level that is hard to beat! I love the Vegas Idea for the US and have suggested that is a good spot for the NHL World Cups too.

Ottawa has the largest WJC attendance for a single host city, they’ll do fine again.

Reactions: ktownhockey

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
I doubt they wouldn’t use the X if Minnesota gets it but in keeping with the theme of this being a tournament for “junior” arenas I’d love to see them use Mariucci and Amsoil or something

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Eh, don't ever discount out the IIHF pricing it so high that it pushes the limits of people to attend.
Ya it’s the same for every city, more so for Canadian cities, that’s why it’s held there a lot, pricing and attendance.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Ottawa is confirmed. I was talking about the next 2 in Canada. It's been nothing but NHL cities.
I wonder if Thunder Bay could host. Big enough city I think but it’s kind of a bad location. As far as I know it’s a huge hockey town.
Surprised no OHL team.

Or bring it to Saskatchewan. Saskatoon or Regina would be great places to host. Wonder if they’ve ever hosted?

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
Or bring it to Saskatchewan. Saskatoon or Regina would be great places to host. Wonder if they’ve ever hosted?

Biased perhaps but I would love to see Québec host in 2027, they have a brand new arena that they sell out remparts games for and a youth tournament that sells out the lower bowl. New pro aréna in trois rivières as well

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
What about Duluth / Superior? Just a couple hours from Twin Cities and Thunder Bay

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Would go to the tournament in either Vegas or Min. Would be cool to play some games at St. Thomas new arena

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
Vancouver/Victoria two-city host would be awesome. Save-On Center in Victoria is a great arena, and then obviously Rogers Arena in VAN. Group B in Victoria would be fantastic. I really liked the event in 2019 when it was here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad