Post-Game Talk: fun game

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
I would say out of all the Eastern Conference teams, aside from Pittsburgh, Tampa would be our rival. The two Playoff series has created plenty of bad blood for alot of fans and players and every game we play against them gets chippy. It wasnt like that at first but it is now.
Good luck getting us to hate Yzerman's team!

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
You do realize it wasn't Bettman who wanted to spread the wealth, but the Board of Governors who wanted to gain a better position compared to the players as wages started to increase, right? The cap had literally nothing to do with competitive balance and had everything to do with changing how RFA/UFA worked in order to allow teams more years of player control and putting an objective limit on player salaries.

So, fat chance that they would do anything to reduce the length of RFA.

driving down costs should go hand in hand with reducing the length of RFA time and driving more players into the open market. What I think we'd actually see is just a hyper charged version of what we're seeing now - teams locking up young guys to bigger contracts sooner. Yeah, some would bust and screw teams over, but it would happen probably to pretty much everyone at some point and they will prefer getting screwed on the occasional bad contract versus seeing a guy leave after a couple of years and taking off with the team a state over.

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
Well if he had said that it wouldn't be based on a one game sample size. So I'll stick with what I said.

Hang on? So because someone makes reference something as a sweeping generalisation based on on example, they are wrong, even if it turns out that sweeping generalisation is in fact correct?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad