Confirmed with Link: Frk re-claimed by the Wings

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
This is basically what I came to post.

Especially the 3 preseason games thing.

I mean in the end, this is GREAT news for FRK. He is an NHL player now. Lets be honest. Who here wanted FRK on the team more than Mantha//AA. Because there just are not 3-4 spots open every year.

Complain about all those signings if you wish. Vanek looks great out there. So does Neilsen. I think you may all be very surprised at how much better our team is this year....

And if I am wrong... You win, and the rebuild begins.

I thought Vanek and Nyquist looked great together last night. And Neilsen looks good as well. Nice to hear some optimism here. Hopefully your right and many here are surprised.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
"Asset" management? Now that is a joke. Ferraro, Frk, and Jensen are somehow "assets" with any real value? They are Red Wings busts nothing more. Carolina can have all our waiver fodder they are an NHL **** show comedy act.

Hopefully the trend of 2nd round busts is ending as the change of philosophy of our drafting/scouting a few seasons ago reaps benefits.

I don't really consider a player a bust unless they're a high draft pick expected to succeed in the NHL. Most prospects don't make it.

But they're still assets. If prospects become regular NHL players on another team and the Wings lost them for nothing, that's poor asset management.

I guess on the off chance Frk does well, Holland can give up a first rounder in a few years to bring him back to the Wings. :sarcasm:

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Budget move

Canes are a budget team. Thought putting"FRK" on the team jerseys was a cheaper alternative than claiming other players that were available.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Well, someone is due for a new user name. On the other hand, Frk it, just keep the name.

*inside Wings board room where management chats about organizational moves*

[anyone other than Holland]: Hey shouldn't we make a decision on this 20 something AHLer that looks to have some NHL upside and will be susceptible to waivers in the coming season?

Holland: Frk it.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
This. He honestly looked better than Pulk in every aspect and it wasn't even close IMO. Pulk really hasn't proved a darn thing, and he's had his chance, Frk never got his chance when he deserved it.
I hear that Pulk's fiancee is friends with Helm's fiancee... :sarcasm:

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
It's ridiculous. Pulkkinen hasnt proved anything despite playing with Datsyuk and having some powerplay time, he cant even hit the net more than half of the time. Not saying Frk wouldve been our saving grace, but I feel like he wouldve made us a better team, especially over Pulkky. It's stupid how many decent players we've lost for nothing.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Unfortunately, the rest of the league has figured out that Ken Holland's trash can is full of all kinds of underappreciated players. Why trade for their low-tier guys when you can have them for free in 6 months when Holland inevitably overloads his own roster with vets? It's perfect.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Pulkky should've been the one who was waived, making Frk the 13th forward. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it though.

Tatar

Mar 26, 2011
FL300
"Asset" management? Now that is a joke. Ferraro, Frk, and Jensen are somehow "assets" with any real value? They are Red Wings busts nothing more. Carolina can have all our waiver fodder they are an NHL **** show comedy act.

Yakupov was just traded for an ECHLer with half the PPG that Frk put up. Every player no matter how small has value.

Let's take a look at some other Red Wings busts:

Nestrasil, waiver claim, put up 23 points last year, 3 points less then Helm at 4 times less salary

Jarnkrok, trade, put up 30 points last year, at about half the cost of Helm after his new 6 year contract

Janmark, trade, put up 29 points last year, at 5 times less salary then Helm

Our young talent is not being given an opportunity to showcase their talents in the NHL. To me that seems like poor asset management

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Now this is a more valid question/topic: Why so many of our draft picks fail?

Because you're looking at our picks in isolation, and not at the bigger picture of the actual success rate of ALL teams. If a team gets just 2 NHLers out of a draft, they consider that a success.

From Frk's draft class, just 9 players taken in that 2nd round out of 30 have played a single game in the NHL, and two of those have combined for a grand total of 4 games. So really 7 players out of 30.

I feel like the last 6-7 years we've drafted a lot of guys in the 2nd round who are borderline NHLers, but not enough of them have made the leap to bona fide NHLers. I guess thats why they went in the 2nd and not the 1st.

As for Frk...I'm not going to argue that KH has been hoarding his prospects to no end and bloating the roster with average vets, but Frk is not going to be a difference maker on this roster. We can ice 4 lines on NHL talent, the problem is the lack of elite talent. Frk isn't going to fix that problem. He is no loss to this roster whatsoever. So he's been claimed by Carolina? So what. They suck, and have done for years.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Frk was never inside the top 17 forwards on Detroit's depth chart so I'm happy for him to find a new opportunity.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
How does anyone know that Frk is no loss to this roster? He never had a real chance in the NHL to show anything off. He was just starting to put together everything last season, he could easily build off of that and be more valuable to this roster than Pulkkinen has.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Yakupov was just traded for an ECHLer with half the PPG that Frk put up. Every player no matter how small has value.

Let's take a look at some other Red Wings busts:

Nestrasil, waiver claim, put up 23 points last year, 3 points less then Helm at 4 times less salary

Jarnkrok, trade, put up 30 points last year, at about half the cost of Helm after his new 6 year contract

Janmark, trade, put up 29 points last year, at 5 times less salary then Helm

Our young talent is not being given an opportunity to showcase their talents in the NHL. To me that seems like poor asset management
You CAN NOT hang onto to every single prospect because they might one day down the road put up a 20-30 point season and MAYBE match the performance you're getting each and every year out of someone already on the team.

How does anyone know that Frk is no loss to this roster? He never had a real chance in the NHL to show anything off. He was just starting to put together everything last season, he could easily build off of that and be more valuable to this roster than Pulkkinen has.
"more valuable than Pulkkinen" still doesn't necessarily mean Frk would have done anything for our team.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
You CAN NOT hang onto to every single prospect because they might one day down the road put up a 20-30 point season and MAYBE match the performance you're getting each and every year out of someone already on the team.

"more valuable than Pulkkinen" still doesn't necessarily mean Frk would have done anything for our team.

You can't afford to lose players like Frk for nothing either.

Z40

High Compete Level
Feb 10, 2012
Detroit
Don't worry guys, he'll be back in 7 years. He should be plenty ripe by then.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
whether frk becomes an everday nhl player or not isn't the point.

the point is holland's poor asset management has allowed these players to be given away for nothing because he's clogged up the roster with veterans

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
whether frk becomes an everday nhl player or not isn't the point.

the point is holland's poor asset management has allowed these players to be given away for nothing because he's clogged up the roster with veterans

Quite funny standpoint.

Holland did made some good asset management at free agency, getting free quality players like Nielsen and Vanek, and that caused this poor asset management? :D

I think these moves have been huge and unqustionable win for Red Wings in overall team strength.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Happy for Frk, he gets his shot at the NHL now.
Seems like Kenny is loyal in all the wrong ways. He will overpay helm and abs and hook them up for the rest of their careers but when it comes to young players playing hard and making the team he would rather give old vets from other teams the roster spot.

"Loyalty"

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Quite funny standpoint.

Holland did made some good asset management at free agency, getting free quality players like Nielsen and Vanek, and that caused this poor asset management? :D

I think these moves have been huge and unqustionable win for Red Wings in overall team strength.

Okay but what about Helm, Miller, and Ott? That's 3 players. It's a good chunk of cap and roster spots. Could easily have kept Frk if you didn't resign those guys.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Okay but what about Helm, Miller, and Ott? That's 3 players. It's a good chunk of cap and roster spots. Could easily have kept Frk if you didn't resign those guys.

If you don't see the value that Miller and Ott bring on the 4th line then I'm not sure what to tell you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad