News Article: Friedman's 31 Thoughts: Habs Draft, Pacioretty, Jack Johnson & Mark Hunter

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
And by that time Price and Weber are gone. Which is why they need everything and just rebuild proper.
Yup get another pick and prospect for pacioretty, young dman and pick for Weber price might need to be left unprotected for Seattle

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Pretty sad that Bob MacKenzie had to go on 690 this morning to deny that he linked Jack Johnson and the Montreal Canadiens

He's such a pissy pants
I hate disingenuous pundits. They get paid to spread rumors but they never want to commit to anything they say and always want to qualify every rumour they monger so as to have plausible deniability later on. It's like when McGuire says "I can't talk about..." whatever it is that he's been brought on air to talk about. Either name names or GTFO. If you see something, say something. Otherwise you are of zero use to the public who are seeking information. All you're doing is muddying the waters.

Of course, the reason why these guys won't ever name names is because if they did their sources would dry up. Fine by me. I'd rather not know anything than know that there was something that I didn't know and would probably never get to find out. So if you're an "insider" either use your status to tell us something real or stay inside and leave us "outsiders" the hell alone.

In Mckenzie's case it's simple: either Johnson is on Montreal's radar or he's not. If you can't or won't tell us what you know, go back to your palatial estate in Whitby and don't tell us anything.

Reactions: Runner77 and 417

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Isn’t Jack Johnson habs fan since childhood? Remember an article before the 2005 draft where he said he wanted the habs to draft him

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I hate disingenuous pundits. They get paid to spread rumors but they never want to commit to anything they say and always want to qualify every rumour they monger so as to have plausible deniability later on. It's like when McGuire says "I can't talk about..." whatever it is that he's been brought on air to talk about. Either name names or GTFO. If you see something, say something. Otherwise you are of zero use to the public who are seeking information. All you're doing is muddying the waters.

Of course, the reason why these guys won't ever name names is because if they did their sources would dry up. Fine by me. I'd rather not know anything than know that there was something that I didn't know and would probably never get to find out. So if you're an "insider" either use your status to tell us something real or stay inside and leave us "outsiders" the hell alone.

In Mckenzie's case it's simple: either Johnson is on Montreal's radar or he's not. If you can't or won't tell us what you know, go back to your palatial estate in Whitby and don't tell us anything.
I agree with that...I find it so annoying when McGuire says that.

He'll go out of his way to say "Well I heard this about a certain player, and sorry Mitch, I can't tell you the name of the player out of respect for the player and the team, but here's what I heard".

It's like GTFO here...

But as it relates to Bob MacKenzie today, this really wasn't his fault...he never linked the Habs and Jack Johnson, just some people decided to put things together on their own and then attach his name to it.

Reactions: Laurentide

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
JJ plays left side and logs a lot of minutes. But has been an issue everywhere he has been. At 6 million I hope they pass

I really don't know how he could ask for 6M.

If someone gives him that, does that mean Carlson is about to sign for 9M?

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Him and Crosby are friends and both Habs fans.
I'm pretty sure that 2010 playoff loss to the Habs and all the booing he received during games in that series played in Montreal cured Crosby of whatever residual Habs fandom he might have had leftover from his childhood. That's about the same time he stopped with the charade of trying to do interviews in French.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I'm pretty sure that 2010 playoff loss to the Habs and all the booing he received during games in that series played in Montreal cured Crosby of whatever residual Habs fandom he might have had leftover from his childhood. That's about the same time he stopped with the charade of trying to do interviews in French.

I can’t speak for Crosby but you can’t say definitively one way or another. He has said in interview Habs are no longer his favorite team but it was heated at the time.

Look. It’s like Kadri saying he’s no longer a Habs fan but if he ends up there he’ll be gushing about how he liked them as a kid.

It’s all perspective. Right now Habs are the enemy and Pittsburgh is Home. At same time Crosby is still a grown man who changed a lot from the time he was a kid. Maybe he changed his mind for other reasons. Maybe he just doesnt care anymore.

Thing is I’m sure if he came here he’d embrace it. I’m 400% sure he’ll retire in Pittsburgh though.

As for jack Johnson, it’s possible with him.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I can’t speak for Crosby but you can’t say definitively one way or another. He has said in interview Habs are no longer his favorite team but it was heated at the time.

Look. It’s like Kadri saying he’s no longer a Habs fan but if he ends up there he’ll be gushing about how he liked them as a kid.

It’s all perspective. Right now Habs are the enemy and Pittsburgh is Home. At same time Crosby is still a grown man who changed a lot from the time he was a kid. Maybe he changed his mind for other reasons. Maybe he just doesnt care anymore.

Thing is I’m sure if he came here he’d embrace it. I’m 400% sure he’ll retire in Pittsburgh though.

As for jack Johnson, it’s possible with him.

A big part of Crosby no longer loving Montreal was getting mocked by media for his attempts at French interviews. He still speaks french, but doesn't do it around media anymore: Quebec teen plays pickup hockey with a 'nostalgic' Sidney Crosby in chance outdoor meeting | CBC News

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Yup get another pick and prospect for pacioretty, young dman and pick for Weber price might need to be left unprotected for Seattle

Price can’t be left unprotected to Seattle due to his NMC. He’d have to agree to it like Fleury did with Vegas.

Reactions: blarneylad

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
How is Jack Johnson asking for 6mil a year?
11 points playing 19:30 minutes a game over 77 games and he's average only 16 points per seasons the last 3 years.
He hasn't dressed in the playoffs this year despite having a career 21 points in 23 games.
4mil is the highest I will go and hope to get at least a 2nd round pick at the deadline.

Jul 6, 2016
Holy drama around here.. as usual...

Rumours and un based speculations feeding the haters.

Reactions: BxR

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
13. Zadina's pretty much the consensus among professional scouts...what's your point?

15. Either your drunk or overrate Patch's value

Yakupov was the clear 1 in 2012 and he’s busted harder than a walnut at Christmas. Zadina is even less complete game than he had

Yea and I don’t mean patch is the only piece and honestly for a guy who routinely scores 35+ with garbage Cs it’s pretty reasonable

Reactions: jayhabsvgk

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Signing Jack Johnson would be idiotic. They should be acquiring young players, picks and prospects. Stop trying to put bandaids on bullet wounds.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Yakupov was the clear 1 in 2012 and he’s busted harder than a walnut at Christmas. Zadina is even less complete game than he had

Yea and I don’t mean patch is the only piece and honestly for a guy who routinely scores 35+ with garbage Cs it’s pretty reasonable

Zadina frightens me... could see a huge bust pick with him. Like Pavel Brendl

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Zadina frightens me... could see a huge bust pick with him. Like Pavel Brendl

I honestly think they’re going to go with a defenceman. There’s to many good ones in the top 10 to pass up on for a winger. If we had a the second pick, that would be different.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad