News Article: Friedman 30 Thoughts (Jets)

Say What

Building a Legacy 4/28/96 Never again!!
Jan 18, 2015
Maybe Trouba is super mad BFF Bogosian got traded and it's causing alot of issues? :sarcasm:

He still has Enstrom (for now). The three 'amigos' became two. Oh well, when it rains it pours; unless it's too cold.....then it snows.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Some random jocks at the gym at the U of M were saying the Jets hired Trouba's brother (with some fancy professional title) to live here and essentially keep him company. Obviously very very very hearsay statement, so who knows, I wouldn't put much stock in it.

There is no way that that is legit.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Some random jocks at the gym at the U of M were saying the Jets hired Trouba's brother (with some fancy professional title) to live here and essentially keep him company. Obviously very very very hearsay statement, so who knows, I wouldn't put much stock in it.

I don't know about all that, but TJ Trouba was hired by the Jets.

TJ Trouba
Winnipeg Jets Hockey Academy & Game Day

http://jets.nhl.com/club/m_page.htm?id=75794

Whileee

May 29, 2010

TJ Trouba

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAJwAAAAJDc3YTkwMzY4LWJiZGYtNDhkZC1iMTYwLTllY2M1OGEwMDZmYw.jpg

https://ca.linkedin.com/in/t-j-trouba-044baa9a

19kiefer94

Jun 3, 2014
Winterpeg

TJ Trouba

and can confirm that he lives with Trouba and Copp. Often stays back when the jets go on road trips to look after trouba's super annoying dog. (he lives across the backlane from me and Donnie gets out..... all the time. And barks... a lot.)

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
15. The agent and the team are not commenting, but word is the Jets and Jacob Trouba mutually agreed to wait until after the season to continue contract negotiations. (He will be a restricted free agent this summer.) The one caveat: Columbus and Sergei Bobrovsky said the same thing, but worked out a new deal during the season. So things can change.

My guess is the Jets want to go long-term, but that involves UFA years, which automatically drives up the price. He’s also had some wild swings in minutes played, so maybe Trouba wants to wait and see what his role will be.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
He's hoping they trade buff and his minutes go up. He may benefit long term by actually playing poorly and helping the team lose in the short term. I doubt he would do that.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
15. The agent and the team are not commenting, but word is the Jets and Jacob Trouba mutually agreed to wait until after the season to continue contract negotiations. (He will be a restricted free agent this summer.) The one caveat: Columbus and Sergei Bobrovsky said the same thing, but worked out a new deal during the season. So things can change.

My guess is the Jets want to go long-term, but that involves UFA years, which automatically drives up the price. He’s also had some wild swings in minutes played, so maybe Trouba wants to wait and see what his role will be.

Yea Jets would likely want a long term deal along the same money and term and Adam Larson and Kulikov (~4.25 million for ~7 years or so) but Trouba will likely wanna sign a 2 year bridge deal at 2.5 million per to increase his asking price. I think he signs a bridge deal

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I think a bridge deal for both of the guys would be preferable for us. Two year bridge and lock em up long term to have them both for ten years. If they earn it of course.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I agree a bridge deal might be best for Trouba and ultimately the Jets.

If/when Buff is traded, Trouba's minutes and role will increase, no doubt. If it's this year, Trouba likely consider a bridge deal to maximize salary on a long term deal later, presumably after two quality seasons in a top pairing role. And an increasing salary cap.

If Buff is resigned, I'm not sure what Trouba's camp would want to do. It could limit his role and earning potential.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I feel like these RFA deals are out of line, little or no discount to UFA. Some of them should be taken to Arb before it's too late. As it is, there's no incentive to do anything but year to year deals, unless you're buying out UFA years.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I feel like these RFA deals are out of line, little or no discount to UFA. Some of them should be taken to Arb before it's too late. As it is, there's no incentive to do anything but year to year deals, unless you're buying out UFA years.

Trouba does not have arb rights yet. His only negotiation tool is holding himself out of TC or signing in europe.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
How many of those do we see every year? They just don't happen. I don't know why everyone fears them. The Jets will just match.

I know, and no team will even try unless the Jets go absolutely crazy on both Ladd and Byfuglien.

It is a possibility, though.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I know, and no team will even try unless the Jets go absolutely crazy on both Ladd and Byfuglien.

It is a possibility, though.

Ladd 6.5
Little 4.7
Wheeler 5.6
Stafford 4.35
Perreault 3.0
Burmi 1.55
Thorbs 1.2
Copp 0.925
Ehlers 0.894
Peluso 0.675
Extra 1.0

Buff 7.5
Enstrom 5.75
Myers 5.5
Stuart 2.625
Postma 0.887
Extra 1.0

Pavs 3.9
Helle 0.668

If the Jets re-sign Buff to a total of $14M cap hit, then with the rest of their roster and adding a couple of cheap fillers, they'll be at $59M or so. If the cap is around $72M, that leaves $13M for Trouba, Scheifele, Lowry and Hutch. Even if you drop Hutch, that's an average of $4.33M for Trouba, Scheif and Lowry, and the Jets would be capped out.

Saad and Hamilton recently got $6M and $5.75M as RFAs. Even if the Jets aren't a target for an offer sheet (they could perhaps trade Stafford and/or Perreault to make room), there's a good chance that the Jets will want to lock up Trouba and Scheifele to long term deals now (a la Tarasenko, Saad, Hamilton, etc.). Re-signing both Ladd and Buff won't give them that option.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad