Pre-Game Talk: Friday 30th - Sens at Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I thought Ryan looked pretty good with Turris and Stone last night. Wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

Alas...

I would be one thing if Hoffman was back, but with the guys we have available for tomorrow I'd absolutely play Bobby on the top line.

Ryan - Turris - Stone
Prince/Puempel - Zib - Chiasson/Michalek
Prince/Puempel - Pageau - Chiasson/Michalek
McCormick - Smith - Neil

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Yeah... we get Ryan going with Turris last night, so what do we do? Remove him again of course!

Prince-Turris-Ryan
Puempel-Pageau-Stone
Michalek-Zibby-Chiasson
McCormick-Smith-Neil (and play them for 8 minutes max).

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
How many games is it going to take Cameron to realize that the Zibby-Ryan line and the Cowen-Boro pairing is not working.

I get giving these guys some time to see if they gel and spreading out the offense a little, but the Cowen-Boro pairing has been ****ing awful so far and the Zibby-Ryan pairing hasn't been great either.

Ryan played better with Turris and it is unbelieveable that he is put back on the Zibby line. I bet he will be right back on the Turris line after the 1st period.

I also don't get why Wideman is not playing. Give him some games for ****s sake.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Wideman needs to be in line-up.

It's a disgrace to be seeing Wier in top 4 while Wideman is scratched after what we been seeing so far. Then again maybe management really wanna milk out Wier before totally abandoning him.

Put Stone with Zibanejad.

Prince-Turris-Ryan
Puempel-Zibanejad-Stone

Just do it.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Wideman needs to be in line-up.

It's a disgrace to be seeing Wier in top 4 while Wideman is scratched after what we been seeing so far. Then again maybe management really wanna milk out Wier before totally abandoning him.

Put Stone with Zibanejad.

Prince-Turris-Ryan
Puempel-Zibanejad-Stone

Just do it.

I blame most of the losses and offensive struggles on the coaching staff for not doing this. Keeping Ryan away from turris so long and stuck with zib has not only lost us games but had a huge negative effect on the confidence of Ryan.
It's pretty inexcusable imo.

What's the downside? Oh you're stuck with a Hoff/Prince-zib-Stone line? That would probably be as good or better than anything we have now. And it would get zib going.
Sheesh
Getting infuriating.

Last edited:

Babych Moustache

Don'tBashThe'Stache
Jul 4, 2008
Ottawa
I blame most of the losses and offensive struggles on the coaching staff for not doing this. Keeping Ryan away from turris so long and stuck with zib has not only lost us games but had a huge negative effect on the confidence of Ryan.
It's pretty inexcusable imo.

What's the downside? Oh you're stuck with a Hoff/Prince-zib-Stone line? That would probably be as good or better than anything we have now. And it would get zib going.
Sheesh
Getting infuriating.

I usually try to stay grounded in my 'analysis' given that I have no experience in professional sports... try to give coaches/GMs the benefit of the doubt that they are the ones who have been hired and are paid (quite well I might add) to run the teams... my armchair coaching would help no one... but... I agree. They've got to do something to get Ryan back on track... as much as I love Zib's development - and he is improving - he's not the right centre for Ryan... change something up!!!!

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Switch Prince and Puempel for sure. I'd Switch Stone and Ryan too but I get keeping Turris and Stone together.

Nothing is ideal without MacArthur and Hoffman.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'd have to go back and look at it, but part of the problem with our D combinations is the usage changed with Wideman in the lineup.

When Cowen's with Boro, they take the toughest deployment, which opens things up for Ceci-Wier and Karlsson-Methot.

When Wideman is in the lineup, Cowen and him get sheltered (when together) and Cowen sees spot time up the lineup.

The question is this; does taking some of the defensive starts away from Methot- Karlsson and Wier-Ceci at the sacrifice of Boro and Cowen getting hemmed into their zone help overall, or is it better to have them take more of the Dzone starts and allow Cowen-Wideman some softer mins to thrive in.

I don't recall, but I think the top 4s performance (good or bad) hasn't really correlated with the bottom pairs deployment, so I'd rather Wideman in the lineup.

I'm starting to think a Boro-Ceci tandem could be the solution.

Methot-Karlsson Worked in the past, give them offensive mins
Boro-Ceci Use this as a shutdown pair. Both are competent defensively, and Ceci adds the puck movement
Cowen-Wideman Slowly move them towards neutral deployment and see how much Wideman can handle.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Our ROW is so trash

Only the 2012-2013 Columbus Blue Jackets have missed the playoffs because of a ROW tie-breaker, and that was a shortened season. The concept of ROW is trash, especially in October.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I'd have to go back and look at it, but part of the problem with our D combinations is the usage changed with Wideman in the lineup.

When Cowen's with Boro, they take the toughest deployment, which opens things up for Ceci-Wier and Karlsson-Methot.

When Wideman is in the lineup, Cowen and him get sheltered (when together) and Cowen sees spot time up the lineup.

The question is this; does taking some of the defensive starts away from Methot- Karlsson and Wier-Ceci at the sacrifice of Boro and Cowen getting hemmed into their zone help overall, or is it better to have them take more of the Dzone starts and allow Cowen-Wideman some softer mins to thrive in.

I don't recall, but I think the top 4s performance (good or bad) hasn't really correlated with the bottom pairs deployment, so I'd rather Wideman in the lineup.

Boro-Ceci Use this as a shutdown pair. Both are competent defensively, and Ceci adds the puck movement
Cowen-Wideman Slowly move them towards neutral deployment and see how much Wideman can handle.
I have been calling for this since last season,s playoff matchup against the habs,PW is a 7th dman he was back then ,and still is one now.He looked great when the team was red hot ,and could cover for him .But now his play has really started to wake people up around here to what he actually is:nod:

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

Yip. Totally agreed. I've been defending Wier as I feel his struggles have been overblown, but your combos make sense and could potentially help tremendously. Now let's hope DC has a HF account.

WhiteLight*

Yip. Totally agreed. I've been defending Wier as I feel his struggles have been overblown, but your combos make sense and could potentially help tremendously. Now let's hope DC has a HF account.

He had one last year but he seems to have deleted it over the summer

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
So excited for this. Im having like 20 people over to watch it on the big screen. Beers, other things, and pizza.

Then tomorrow we're 18 people going to the game and predrinking at a friends.

It's a part 1/part 2 kinda weekend. Good stuff.

GO SENS GO!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad