Tennis: French Open 2022

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Woke up to see Denis in a world of trouble as Rune is serving for the match in the 3rd set. Rune is so far back on the court that you can't see him.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Fernandez cruises to the 3rd round as well.

Zverev survives. Baez gave him everything he had.

Ramos-Vinolas with Alcaraz on the ropes...

Alcaraz forces the 5th set. All downhill from here now?

Last edited:
Reactions: kihei

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Alcaraz is extremely clutch. You already know that he’ll win the decisive points of the match to get himself over the line for victory. A lot like the Big 3 already in that aspect.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Just when you think Bencic has turned the tide on Fernandez, the tide turns again. Fernandez currently up 3-5 in the 3rd. A bit of a blip but she wins 7-5!

Last edited:
Reactions: otown and Tuggy

JohnnyDrama

Oct 4, 2017
I hope the Sinners, Kordas, Runes, etc will be able to challenge Alcaraz throughout his career. He just looks like he’s on a different level than everyone and keeps getting better

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Alcaraz brushes aside Korda, 4, 4 and 2. Another match where he often made the extraordinary seem common place coming from him.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Felix has his work cut out for him going against Nadal. Has to keep the unforced errors down. He is a very composed player on the court and has the ability to upset the legend.
The fire burns from within!
Fernandez is another player with a never say die attitude. Rarely do emotions get the best of her.
Shapo could take a page from their books.

Reactions: Tuggy

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Well, look who is a dark horse hiding in plain sight. Medvedev knocks off Kecmanovic super convincingly 2, 4 and 2. Time to recalibrate expectations for Daniil on clay?

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
The round of 16 is a study in contrasts.

On the women's side only one of the top ten seeds (you know who) remains in the tournament, her closest rival now being Pegula, the 11th seed. Seemingly a cake walk for the champion from here.

On the men's side, 11 of the top 12 seeds are still alive and kicking, including all of the principle contenders. No cake walk for anybody.

Last edited:
Reactions: weems

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Rune reminds me a lot of Shapo to the extent that Holger is a big, bouncy boyo whose game is pretty much defined by his ever apparent physicality on court. But Rune, who seems to be gaining confidence with every tournament he plays lately, is tactically in a different class and is developing a high tennis IQ, something Shapo fans can only wish for.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rune reminds me a lot of Shapo to the extent that Holger is a big, bouncy boyo whose game is pretty much defined by his ever apparent physicality on court. But Rune, who seems to be gaining confidence with every tournament he plays lately, is tactically in a different class and is developing a high tennis IQ, something Shapo fans can only wish for.
Rune would be looked at a little differently if he wasn’t the same age as the best young male tennis player in in 15+ years. It seems like he’s the best of the young players out there, aside from the Alcaraz division.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Leylah took the first set but Anisimova has woken up and is up 4-1 in the second.

Anisimova takes the 2nd and Leylah is in trouble right off the bat in the 3rd, but she holds from 0-40.

Leylah's mental strength gets her a break! 3-2 and serving now.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00