Freep: Expected Holland moves during off-season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I like Jman and I understand it isn't easy to poor over the stats, he and Henkka do a lot of that for us and some of the time it is fascinating. Just not going to use it to this degree on Scuderi, who I think brings a lot to the table. Also as you have pointed out at various times Scuderi has proved to be a great defensive presence and babysitter for young D-man.

He'd be great for Smith.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The eye test is about as subjective as they come. What you see and what I see can be two completely different things. You don't need a major in statistics to understand advanced statistics. Really, advanced is an inappropriate label. It's really just simple math. Suggesting that they have problems in Baseball is very... poor. They do not have a problem in baseball. They provide a whole large extra depth of analysis to the game. They aren't the be all end all, nor are they perfectly objective. They are certainly more objective than the eyeball test. On top of this, Corsi wasn't the only stat I used in my analysis. It was one of several. None of them struck me as saying one should want him.

If your only argument is "HE WON THE CUP," then let's go drag Sami Pahlsson out of the Swedish leagues while we're at it. He won the cup a 7 years back, not long before Scuderi won his first cup. He played a major role on it, too. Heck, let's trade for Hal Gill too. He's a cup winner. Why not sign Cleary to an extension? He's a cup winner also. He's got all that heart and played well in the playoffs.

Scuderi blocks pucks with his face.
Scuderi clears the crease.
scuderi does all the dirty work that very few players on this team do.

I don't care what advanced statistics say, Scuderi also played very tough minutes and assignments while Quincey played some of the most sheltered minutes on the Wings. They aren't even comparable.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Scuderi blocks pucks with his face.
Scuderi clears the crease.
scuderi does all the dirty work that very few players on this team do.

I don't care what advanced statistics say, Scuderi also played very tough minutes and assignments while Quincey played some of the most sheltered minutes on the Wings. They aren't even comparable.

Matt Cooke scored two goals to win the cup for Pittsburgh. Let's sign him.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
34653203.jpg

Not after a 1000 posts, Jean-luc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad