Pre-Game Talk: "Free Slepyshev" Isles@Oilers | March 7 @ 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Agreed. But I suspect Caggiula would be the last player signed with such expectations. College players now might look at our roster and think "where do I fit in?"

I imagine we've still got some room for top FA forwards in the bottom 6, but yeah the D-Corps is going to be tough to fit into

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Hopefully we gave Tavares a tour of the arena.
His potential home when\if he is ready to win a cup ;)

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
I might be in the minority but I like Pouliot in our bottom 6.

I agree. He's an expensive option, but I'd slot him into the 3rd line when he's ready to return.

Maroon - McDavid - Drai
Lucic - Nuge - Eberle
Pou - DD - Kassian
Sleppy - Letestu - Pakarinen

Slide Cags, Hendricks and Khaira in/out as needed.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Pouliot DD Kassian is a line of real NHL players with talent who could do damage against softer opponents. Plenty big on the wings as well - nice playoff line. We are in the home stretch of a serious playoff race and giving reps to guys like Caggiula who are still green is not useful. I like Cags but he has not earned the type of minutes he's getting - not at all.

Perfectly said.

As long as Pouliot pulls out of his weird funk that is.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
another morning skate this morning...
that makes it 3rd practice in last 3 days
I wish TMac would give mornings off like Tort

am I only one annoyed by this?

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Hard to believe how many chances this board seems willing to give Pouliot.
This is a fourth overall pick, making $4 million who has never broken forty points.
People talk like this player has some sort of elite standard to get back to when his career year was last season. That's literally the best he's ever played.
Ten points in fifty games this season? Bleh.
Since Yak got dealt, nobody looks like mailing it in as much as Pouliot does.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

why does it matter?
Oilers play better when they have time to practice and work on things.

They should be rested enough

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Perfectly said.

As long as Pouliot pulls out of his weird funk that is.

Injury has been an issue for him this season. Actually its been an issue almost every season for him.
He is a usually a lock to be a 15 goal .45 ppg player.
Yes he has warts and yes he is overpaid but in terms of whats left of this season there is little to no valid argument not to include him in the lineup assuming he is healthy.
He will provide some much needed scoring depth and puck possession...he makes this team better.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
Hard to believe how many chances this board seems willing to give Pouliot.
This is a fourth overall pick, making $4 million who has never broken forty points.
People talk like this player has some sort of elite standard to get back to when his career year was last season. That's literally the best he's ever played.
Ten points in fifty games this season? Bleh.
Since Yak got dealt, nobody looks like mailing it in as much as Pouliot does.

Mostly because it's kinda strange to judge a player on one down year. He's been perfectly fine aside from this year, so giving him the benefit of the doubt for one down year is reasonable.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Mostly because it's kinda strange to judge a player on one down year. He's been perfectly fine aside from this year, so giving him the benefit of the doubt for one down year is reasonable.
Yeah, good one. Perfectly fine all right.
That must be the reason the Canadiens, Bruins, Lightning and Rangers all moved on from this player after at most a season's worth of games.
Looking at his resume, he's not much in the playoffs either.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

I'm not annoyed. They start with a lot of rust in games when they have a few days off anyways.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton

Yea you may be the only one. Im fine with it.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
That must be the reason the Canadiens, Bruins, Lightning and Rangers all moved on from this player after at most a season's worth of games.

Worst argument ever. Gretzky played on 4 hockey teams, does that reduce his value? No. Hyperbole example, but I think my point stands. There are tons of good NHL players who have a longer resume than Benoit Pouliot.

When we acquired him, the board was pretty divided, or even tipped towards not liking him. But after he played for us, I saw a lot of posters change their mind about him. Clearly you are one that didn't. Fair enough.

Highmarker

Oct 31, 2011
I thought Hendricks played pretty well against Detroit.

I'd like to see Slepyshev or Pakman in for Khaira. I thought he struggled a bit on Saturday.

I think Drake is going to be a really solid player moving forward, but he could use a game in the pressbox too.

Really? I really though Kharia looked great against Detroit. I'd like to see Slepyshev back in the lineup though.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Oilers need to go 7-7-3 for a 100% to make the playoffs.

Still 99%+ with other records, but it'd be nice to lock up a few of those wins in the next 5 games.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
He was great the year Rangers went to the final .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad