GDT: Free Agent/Trade Extravaganza 2017 III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel Devil

Mar 16, 2014
I think it's a little more obvious right now that goal is not to tank this season.. it most definitely wasn't a few hours ago.

I hadn't voiced it, but I was just starting to think that maybe Shero had lost that magic touch .. then boom .. he strikes. I think he's got more in him for sure. Hopefully that Kovalchuk deal can land us another nice piece.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
It looked very much like a tank last season. And we saw nothing from December last year up until today to really indicate we were trying to get better.

that tank gave helped the Devils get Hischier. I'll take what happened last season for Hischier all day long

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I hadn't voiced it, but I was just starting to think that maybe Shero had lost that magic touch .. then boom .. he strikes. I think he's got more in him for sure. Hopefully that Kovalchuk deal can land us another nice piece.

Well he's hit his quota of one OMGZ we got this guy forward deal each offseason. But now he's gotta find d-help.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
A guy that popped into my head was Oliver Kylington

think he might be available due to Calgary's loaded D corps?

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
A guy that popped into my head was Oliver Kylington

think he might be available due to Calgary's loaded D corps?

i saw you mention that earlier - what are their forward needs though?

edit: they seem possibly tight up the cap space next season, with stajan backlund needing to be resigned. but their needs seem to be RWs as well?

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
pft.

that was me who said it

giphy.gif

Devilsfan92

Jan 4, 2008
It looked very much like a tank last season. And we saw nothing from December last year up until today to really indicate we were trying to get better.

Is it really "tanking" though? Or just recognizing where your team is compared to the rest of the league and what situation you're at. Sure he didn't make any significant improvements throughout the season, but not many teams make those trades before the half way mark, and we were virtually out of it with most of the team having down years and Cory playing the worst he's ever played. We didn't ship out the deadweight until around the deadline either.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
What could we add to Henrique for Vatanen or does that deal just make no sense for Anaheim? I haven't been following their offseason, so I don't know what their situation is.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
What could we add to Henrique for Vatanen or does that deal just make no sense for Anaheim? I haven't been following their offseason, so I don't know what their situation is.

even one of their prospect defenseman would be nice to acquire. someone like Jacob Larsson would be able to make the Devils defense.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
We still need D to have any hope of winning. This move didn't change the trajectory, it only clarified which direction the next moves should go. D & D instead of sell, sell.

So good move on the cheap but just like Hall you have to finish what you started for it to mean anything. Otherwise we're just Dallas last year with a slightly better statline in net.

Don't stop here.

rrekaj13

Jun 15, 2012
New Jersey
Florida is shopping Jason Demers - what do we think would be the asking price? Apparently he used his NTC to block a trade to Vancouver

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Hanifin is the guy I'd target. He's on a team that is loaded with promising defenders and they're pretty "light" up front. They're top #6 is ok but it's lacking size and someone like Zacha could really give their offense some much needed muscle.

Zacha + Moore + NJ 2nd round pick
For
Hanifin + Gauthier

Hanifin would be the future of our D on the left side and has the potential to be a top pairing guy. I love Gauthiers upside and would really help our depth at the right side... he has size, speed and a real nice shot.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
We still need D to have any hope of winning. This move didn't change the trajectory, it only clarified which direction the next moves should go. D & D instead of sell, sell.

So good move on the cheap but just like Hall you have to finish what you started for it to mean anything. Otherwise we're just Dallas last year with a slightly better statline in net.

Don't stop here.
Exactly the way I see it as well.

Although, it is refreshing to know that goal is to win and not sit forever in the cycle of lose, draft and repeat

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Zacha for Hanifin doesn't do a whole lot for Carolina - they'd want to get an established star player for Hanifin+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad