GDT: Free Agent/Trade Extravaganza 2017 III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
People really coming out of the wood work today eh? Ray tried his best, and it probably made the most sense not to get bottled down by a bad contracts and moves. It is not the end of the world.

beekay414

#FireEveryone
Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
I'm all for Vanek and Markov on short term deals. They'd both be easily flipped at the deadline even if, in Vanek's case, it's only for a 4th, it's still an asset in a deep draft. What more do we have to lose?

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
People really coming out of the wood work today eh? Ray tried his best, and it probably made the most sense not to get bottled down by a bad contracts and moves. It is not the end of the world.

Exactly, it was extremely slim pickings in UFA to begin with, not everyone was going to drastically improve their team.

Boyle was a solid addition, if that's all we do i'm fine with it, the rebuild continues.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So lets think about this. Why did Shero sign 3 of 4 players today whose first name is Brian?

Brian Boyle
Brian Gibbons
Brian Strait

Hmm...

The miracle is none of their last names are Gionta :P

(watch us now sign him to be a RW2 stopgap bleh)

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
#SignMarleau!:sarcasm:

Looks like Buffalo signed Jacob Josefson. Only found out about that while patrolling the trade/UFA thread on the main board.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I miss the old days of having a team we know is going to be good. As opposed to the opposite. :-(

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
How can Shero let Josefson leave like that for free? This is really a cataclysmic, horribly dark day for this franchise. :scared:

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
How can Shero let Josefson leave like that for free? This is really a cataclysmic, horribly dark day for this franchise. :scared:

It is insane! Who are we going to play the right side for our power play and score shootout goals?? This team is set back another 5 years now... Oh wait. We got Nico Nico.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
I'm still thinking he goes back to Russia

Same, I fully expected Shattenkirk to NYR and i'm still expecting Kovalchuk to stay in Russia, definitely not holding my breath for a different outcome.

This team's defense next year is going to be a complete and utter **** show. Easily the worst crew in the league.

I don't see a ton to be excited about for this season. Yes we got the #1 pick and clearly a lot of prospects will be getting playing time, so one can look forward to seeing what these kids have to offer. But I don't consider that "exciting". They haven't proven **** yet, and if the last couple of seasons have taught us anything it's to temper expectations on our prospects.

To me, exciting is having a team you know will do a lot of winning and be highly competitive. We don't have that, as far as I can see. Not this season.

We're going to be bad again, rebuilding isn't easy or quick, especially when we play in easily the toughest division in hockey. The name of the game for next year is progress and improvement, not making the playoffs. I'm certain we'll have plenty of bad games, but if the youngsters take a step forward and we play with a little more consistency and competitiveness then i'll be happy regardless of where we finish.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
It was really hard to watch this team most of last year. The team did not get better today. Even for a rebuild, how does 30 year olds at league minimum or a bottom six center help at all? This team will be downright un-watchable next season.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
It was really hard to watch this team most of last year. The team did not get better today. Even for a rebuild, how does 30 year olds at league minimum or a bottom six center help at all? This team will be downright un-watchable next season.

You do know that

A) we're in the middle of a rebuild
B) there are 3 months until the season starts
C) we were never "fixing" our team today

right?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
You do know that

A) we're in the middle of a rebuild
B) there are 3 months until the season starts
C) we were never "fixing" our team today

right?

Says the guy who was all in on signing Shattyenpants to a full 7 year deal at inifinity aav.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad