GDT: Free Agent Frenzy - The budget doesn't allow for free agents or frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Why? Penguins just won paying more than that to malkin Crosby and kessel. Hawks pay an obsurd amount to their studs.

What would you ratherather have,

Fowler
Depres
Stoner
Cheap 1m forward

Or
A cheap 1m 7d
Krejci

Maybe it is a bad idea I just don't see why. It seems to me that the total salaries would be similar. You buy out Bieksa next year and let Montour join the d so you save money there.
Pittsburgh studs are better than ours man...
Also you're leaving out the fact we also have Perry for $8.6M

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Who needs Krejci when you can have Grizzly Stoner and Casual Kev Bieksa for the same money. :laugh: :facepalm: :shakehead

I am so sick of the Buffalo fans that I'd rather give Fowler to Vegas than trade him to Buffalo.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Polak signing in Toronto pretty much eliminates the chance for Toronto to take Stoner in a Bernier deal.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
We should start a betting thread, when does Murray make his first move and is it a. signing a new player b. re-signing a player or c. a trade.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Now a 2002 guy with less posts than me has joined in. I don't understand. What the hell did you guys say to invoke such wrath?!? Is it about Ennis?!?

Son, sit down and let me tell you a story about offer sheeting Lindholm and defencemen with questionable Corsi stats...

Oct 18, 2011
at this point i dont trade fowler, the forward core is already extremely mediocre, which means we need as strong a d core as possible. bob has a grip of d prospects.....it's time to turn some of that into a good young forward or two

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I think if we move Fowler, we're going to get a little more than most here are expecting. Consider this, Chiarelli knew that he was overpaying, but he didn't have a lesser forward - that he was willing to move - beyond Hall that fit Larsson's price. Meaning that Jordan Eberle wasn't going to cut it. We won't get Hall, but I think we may be selling Fowler short on what the market's return for him is.

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
I don't know. I'd put Trocheck ahead of Rakell at this point in his career.

I'm not debating that. I think Trocheck has the nod buts it's not very big. Like Rakell, Vinny really only has one quality season to his name. Both first time 20 goal scores and close enough in points to make the contract comparible. I don't think Ricky gets that contract but they are certainly close enough that his agent can use it in negotiations for leverage.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
at this point i dont trade fowler, the forward core is already extremely mediocre, which means we need as strong a d core as possible. bob has a grip of d prospects.....it's time to turn some of that into a good young forward or two

That's certainly what I would prefer at this point. Let BM go bargain bin shop and fill out the forwards with Gulls, so he can fulfill his yearly fantasy of copying the Cup winner. If it works great, but if it fails give him the pink slip and let someone else come in and make the more important decisions.

I highly doubt that Fowler is here to start the season though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad