GDT: Free Agent Frenzy - The budget doesn't allow for free agents or frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Definitely not waking up at 7 am for this. But I doubt I'd even need to. I'm willing to bet nothing good happens till 11 at the earliest.

Flick of the Switch

Apr 26, 2015
Doesn't GMBM usually strike when everyone thinks the Frenzy has died down. It's not dumpster diving if you get them fresh. BM makes his move on the 4th for the desperate guys left behind.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Murray's shopping list for today:

- #1 LW to play with the twins.
- #2 LW to give Kesler someone with more offense than Cogs.
- #3 LW to create a line around Ricky, who they insist is best as a center.
- #3 RW " " .
- #4 C to cover for Thompson.
- #7 D for < $1M.
- #2 G for < $2M.

Obviously not all of these are necessities, Cogs and Ritchie will probably be fixtures next season, and Wagner might serve as a low-budget replacement for Thompson. Maybe that other RW comes from in-house as well with Pirri or one of the kids from SD (though nobody in the system jumps out at me).

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Highly doubt we sign any top FAs.

Finding a scoring winger will be tougher, given the lack of real difference-makers and the Ducks’ unwillingness to spend to the salary cap ceiling. They’re expected to have a slightly higher budget than the $65 million they operated on last season but it won’t be $73 million.

And the new salaries of defenseman Hampus Lindholm and center Rickard Rakell when their contracts are hammered out this summer will eat up a good part of the $15.6 million they have available under the cap, according to generalfanager.com.

Those contracts could combine for $8 million on an average annual value and another $1.5 million or so for a goalie may leave only $3 million to spend if they do bump the budget above $70 million. And that means a big-time winger isn’t coming in unless some money goes out.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/ducks-721126-million-season.html

paine

Jun 4, 2007

The Ducks are in a much ******** situation than people realize.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Other than depth signings and a backup the ducks won't do anything on the free agent front.

Really wish we had moved those Stoner and Bieksa contracts at the draft. This teams time is now and they can't afford to fill the holes up front.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Other than depth signings and a backup the ducks won't do anything on the free agent front.

Really wish we had moved those Stoner and Bieksa contracts at the draft. This teams time is now and they can't afford to fill the holes up front.

Hopefully Kase is ready. :sarcasm:

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
6rd5tr1oea6x.jpg

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015

The Ducks are in a much ******** situation than people realize.

The ducks couldn't spend 6m on a winger even if they spent to the cap without moving salary out so I'm not sure that says much about the budget.

Also last season the pure $$ in salaries we spent was 70 mil. The cap figure was 68 million by seasons end adjusted down to 63million( because it was the seasons end), so our budget isn't that *****. Especially if it goes up, which he said it would.

I'm not sure where the 65million # comes from.

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/anaheim-ducks/cap/2015/

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California
Definitely not waking up at 7 am for this. But I doubt I'd even need to. I'm willing to bet nothing good happens till 11 at the earliest.

Nah dude, you're thinking of trade deadline day. There's usually action within an hour, especially with the new 6 day talking period.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
I wonder why..

25G1v0sm.png

This just fails to add up on so many levels. NHL teams don't spend 3M+ on #5/6 D, it just doesn't happen, and considering that Manson is actually very much top 4, the cost structure is even more warped. We need to shed a roster D-man, preferably two.

Heraldic

Dec 12, 2013
The ducks couldn't spend 6m on a winger even if they spent to the cap without moving salary out so I'm not sure that says much about the budget.

Also last season the pure $$ in salaries we spent was 70 mil. The cap figure was 68 million by seasons end adjusted down to 63million( because it was the seasons end), so our budget isn't that *****. Especially if it goes up, which he said it would.

I'm not sure where the 65million # comes from.

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/anaheim-ducks/cap/2015/

This has been dealt before. I got the same number (65) million back then (hint: it's not relevant what the number was when the season ended). Nice to see it backed up by Stephens.

Considering Murray has been unable to shed any salary away, it will be interesting to see what will happen come the next days.

Another note, July 1st Tyler Ennis gets his 1 million signing bonus (paid by Sabres), making his actual salary 1 million lower (2,65 million).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad