GDT: Free Agent Frenzy Part 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Hrabarenka has pretty well demonstrated he could be NHL depth, and I'd trust Seth Helgeson in a defensive situation. Severson will be in the AHL, and while I'd rather he didn't, he does have the talent to jump to the NHL - he was one of the last cuts last preseason, remember. Only then have you got Burlon (who I think might be let go) and Scarlett (if, say, Zidlicky gets injured).

I'd prefer another vet, but I think Lou has decided now is time to give the kids their sink or swim chance. If they sink, the rest of the team will sink with them.

welp, someone better give kurtis foster a call :sarcasm:

Khione

Swede or Turnip?
Jul 24, 2013
Duna
Hrabarenka has pretty well demonstrated he could be NHL depth, and I'd trust Seth Helgeson in a defensive situation. Severson will be in the AHL, and while I'd rather he didn't, he does have the talent to jump to the NHL - he was one of the last cuts last preseason, remember. Only then have you got Burlon (who I think might be let go) and Scarlett (if, say, Zidlicky gets injured).

I'd prefer another vet, but I think Lou has decided now is time to give the kids their sink or swim chance. If they sink, the rest of the team will sink with them.

I guess so. Lets hope for the best and few injuries.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
What are the chances we make a trade for Mike Green. I assume we are getting rid of Sal + Ryder somehow to get Green.

Greene - Green
Merrill - Zidlicky
Gelinas - Larsson

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What are the chances we make a trade for Mike Green. I assume we are getting rid of Sal + Ryder somehow to get Green.

Greene - Green
Merrill - Zidlicky
Gelinas - Larsson

Ugh no thanks. If it was just for Salvador, I think I would easily do that.

NJD1982

Mar 31, 2007
Burlon is said to have an Andy Greene style of play. Admittedly, I've never seen him play but we have a history with late bloomers (Rafalski, Greene, Fayne). If anything he can be the leader in Albany.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Not sure having Green and Zidlicky in the lineup would make much sense.

From all the games I have watch Green play I think his biggest problem was playing for coaches with terrible systems. The guy is a really good skater and has a great shot. If he played on any team with a strong positioning system (ie NJD or I can see DET) then I think people would really see a nice talent.

I think Pete + playing the Greene = HUGE reward.

Gelinas - Zidlicky (PP1)
Greene - Green (PP2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad