NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Stanley Cup Playoffs - Round 2 & the Field of Eight

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
You really want to write a grand conspiracy theory bc I think Vegas has a hand in games?

Why are you side stepping this? If you have come to the conclusion that the game is rigged/that Vegas “has a hand in games” (not sure what happened to Toronto as you mentioned earlier) and that you yourself only can only watch games by temporarily fooling yourself into it being legitimate, tell me how you think the ruse goes down. Who is heading this and how is it being obscured?

Making such an assertion and then having absolutely zero finer detail to said theory indicates, to me, that the conclusion exists merely because you can’t see past your own subjectivity on all of these judgment calls.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Why are you side stepping this? If you have come to the conclusion that the game is rigged/that Vegas “has a hand in games” (not sure what happened to Toronto as you mentioned earlier) and that you yourself only can only watch games by temporarily fooling yourself into it being legitimate, tell me how you think the ruse goes down. Who is heading this and how is it being obscured?

Making such an assertion and then having absolutely zero finer detail to said theory indicates, to me, that the conclusion exists merely because you can’t see past your own subjectivity on all of these judgment calls.

Don't assign homework dude. Its just a comment. Also if you didn't notice sports betting is literally advertised.by the league. Also would it so bad to know who reviews goals similar to DOPS

Babajingo

Let's go Dallas

1714477188317.png

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Don't assign homework dude. Its just a comment. Also if you didn't notice sports betting is literally advertised.by the league. Also would it so bad to know who reviews goals similar to DOPS

You've said that you think Vegas, i.e. sports betting, has a hand in decisions made and the outcome of games, so it's up to you to explain how you think this works. Is it as simple as arguing that either the refs or the officials who review on-ice calls and challenges have money on particular results and this is influencing their decision-making, or is there supposedly more to it? Are individual people corrupt and exploiting their positions, or is it more systematic and in any one game there might be multiple people, including on-ice refs, folks in the situation room, and anyone else, who are all pulling to achieve the same outcome? Or are games and even series rigged right from the top? How far is this supposed to go?

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

It wouldn’t make a difference to you if you knew. You’ve already said that thinking the game is rigged by Vegas is “just a comment”. If your bar for such a conclusion is that low, what purpose does it serve to identify the people doing the reviews? You would just conclude that they too are in on the sham.

Yes, sports advertising is “literally” advertised by the league. It’s nauseating. Most of us agree on this. That is, however, not proof that the league itself is engaged in a plot to rig games.

Just to be clear, I’m not calling anything impossible. But you have said you are convinced that Toronto/Vegas is in on rigging games/calls. If you are actually convinced of yes, a conspiracy, at the very least it shouldn’t be “homework” to explain how it would work.

Unless of course you’ve come to a conclusion without actually thinking this out at all. Which goes back to what I said about how it’s nothing more than not being able to see past your own subjectivity and its constant reinforcement by conclusions you have drawn with next to zero thought.

Last edited:

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
It wouldn’t make a difference to you if you knew. You’ve already said that thinking the game is rigged by Vegas is “just a comment”. If your bar for such a conclusion is that low, what purpose does it serve to identify the people doing the reviews? You would just conclude that they too are in on the sham.

Yes, sports advertising is “literally” advertised by the league. It’s nauseating. Most of us agree on this. That is, however, not proof that the league itself is engaged in a plot to rig games.

Just to be clear, I’m not calling anything impossible. But you have said you are convinced that Toronto/Vegas is in on rigging games/calls. If you are actually convinced of yes, a conspiracy, at the very least it shouldn’t be “homework” to explain how it would work.

Unless of course you’ve come to a conclusion without actually thinking this out at all. Which goes back to what I said about how it’s nothing more than not being able to see past your own subjectivity and its constant reinforcement by conclusions you have drawn with next to zero thought.

Yup...Hanlon's Razor applies

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
WHY IS PK YELLING? VEGAS IS PLAYING BAD BUT WHY ARE YOU SO MAD
PK sees Biz get attention for doing it, so he does it. I understand that people can be rightly be split on Biz (I find him funny), but I do hope we can all agree that Subban is an annoying fool.

Reactions: sarge88 and dabid

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Dallas is really good I think Vegas played well both losses. Feels like the road team is a lock every game that series until G7. Vegas will win 5 on the road and Dallas 6.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
You've said that you think Vegas, i.e. sports betting, has a hand in decisions made and the outcome of games, so it's up to you to explain how you think this works. Is it as simple as arguing that either the refs or the officials who review on-ice calls and challenges have money on particular results and this is influencing their decision-making, or is there supposedly more to it? Are individual people corrupt and exploiting their positions, or is it more systematic and in any one game there might be multiple people, including on-ice refs, folks in the situation room, and anyone else, who are all pulling to achieve the same outcome? Or are games and even series rigged right from the top? How far is this supposed to go?

if there is corruption regarding betting, then it would be top down and word of mouth, one higher up heavily suggests something, their inferior then disseminates and so on and so forth

the message is massaged until it reaches the refs who may or may not make different calls depending

with a high parity sport like hockey at the nhl level, those calls can result in different game outcomes.

I personally am not of the belief this is occurring, I have different issues with sports betting, I do think there is a degree of "ref the game in this way" mentality message given to the refs in order to have a higher chance of extending a series, but elite teams will overcome that, always.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Cooper needs to be smarter than that. He has to know theres a whole group of people these days that treat getting offended like its their job.

You can't make an offhand comment like that and not expect a reaction.

Its my understanding that he meant putting skirts on them in the sense that they restrict movement. I didn't see him mention anything disparaging a gender.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
It was the skirt comment and how people think they are appropriate and are now using it to mock other teams. He needs to issue an apology. It is 2024, men should know better at this point.

100%

ps ive been meaning to pm you RE migraines/sinus surgery. I gotta remember to do that today lol. this site is so damn glitchy I had to type this three times

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Cooper needs to be smarter than that. He has to know theres a whole group of people these days that treat getting offended like its their job.

You can't make an offhand comment like that and not expect a reaction.

Its my understanding that he meant putting skirts on them in the sense that they restrict movement. I didn't see him mention anything disparaging a gender.

were you hit with a status ailment that debuffed your perception stats today?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad