Free Agent Frenzy 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
I just had a horrible thought. We know Lucic is looking for a new place to play, and we know DW is looking at wingers in the 5-6m-ish range if he's considering Eriksson (and more if Stamkos had come here). That's right in Lucic's supposed price range. How confident are we that DW wouldn't try and sign Lucic? :help:

LeeIFBB

Crossing the Rubicon
Sep 30, 2011
Tanning Bed
I just had a horrible thought. We know Lucic is looking for a new place to play, and we know DW is looking at wingers in the 5-6m-ish range if he's considering Eriksson (and more if Stamkos had come here). That's right in Lucic's supposed price range. How confident are we that DW wouldn't try and sign Lucic? :help:
I'd rather wheel out Clowe.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007

I doubt it, he was horrible in the Kings series and I Wilson had to see that.

ScottyDont

Aug 30, 2010
Philly (<3 in SJ)

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Lucic gets s lot of hate but he's incredibly effective at even strength.

2nd on the kings in p/60. That's with more minutes than carter and toffoli. He's bonafide top 6.

He has some warts but a 15-20 goal guy 5v5 is hard to come by. He has 0 ability to drive possession in my opinion. He gets suckered too easily and defensively he's just there.

But I can't think of a line where that's an issue for us except with tierney.

So for the right price is take him. If he touches 6 mill I'd back off. But I'd give him up to 5x5.5 and feel okay.

boredatwork

Oct 7, 2013
If the Sharks want a puck-mover, why not go for Brian Campbell? He's willing to play for less for the Hawks and I think the Sharks are a lot closer to winning. Just not sure he can play both sides. Other than Campbell, I do not see a clear upgrade over a developing Demelo. Lebrun is usually spot on the Sharks and free agency.

Would love Loui Eriksson. Don't think DW will go past the Pavs and Couture contracts though and rightly so.

Have a feeling Vrbata is coming to SJ for cheap. Think a bounce back year is in the cards.

Quite honestly, if DW truly was in the running for Stamkos is trying on Eriksson, he's going for it and I can't ask for anything more as a fan.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
If the Sharks want a puck-mover, why not go for Brian Campbell? He's willing to play for less for the Hawks and I think the Sharks are a lot closer to winning. Just not sure he can play both sides. Other than Campbell, I do not see a clear upgrade over a developing Demelo. Lebrun is usually spot on the Sharks and free agency.

Would love Loui Eriksson. Don't think DW will go past the Pavs and Couture contracts though and rightly so.

Have a feeling Vrbata is coming to SJ for cheap. Think a bounce back year is in the cards.

Quite honestly, if DW truly was in the running for Stamkos is trying on Eriksson, he's going for it and I can't ask for anything more as a fan.

I don't want Vrbata.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
:laugh:Helm gets 3.85 mil a year. Still wanna whine about Wingels? I guess Detroit had to burn some of that Stamkos money.

boredatwork

Oct 7, 2013
Vrbata is not my first choice. I'll take him on a 1 yr. 1 mil contract and waive him if he's done. Seems like a worthwhile risk if the Sharks strike out in the market.

I would not have hated a Helm signing because of his versatility. Almost getting 4 million is way too pricey. Hopefully this is not a sign of things to come.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I would want Eriksson if it's 6M or under and 5 years or under but I wouldn't be okay with paying a random UFA more than your captain and playoff leading scorer when he is far inferior to both as a player

If not Eriksson then I want nobody and I want to see them give Meier and Goldobin an opportunity to succeed

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
I think Eriksson will decide between us and Canucks. If he want to win the Cup he will choose us and if he wants more money he will choose Canucks. I would choose the good money/contender rather than very good money/losing team but he might choose Canucks because he gets to play with Sedins and will get definitely more money there.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
You know I wonder if DW gets Backes at a reasonable price since Bobby Mac just speculated that teams have moved on to the 2nd tier.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I think Eriksson will decide between us and Canucks. If he want to win the Cup he will choose us and if he wants more money he will choose Canucks. I would choose the good money/contender rather than very good money/losing team but he might choose Canucks because he gets to play with Sedins and will get definitely more money there.

His last shot at big money. Players always go with the money.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
The expansion draft for next year has made the FA this year so interesting. I feel that we are in a fairly decent place protecting our main players.

Hertl
Pavs
Couture
Ward
Tierney
Jumbo (re-signed)

Burns
Vlasic
Braun

Jones

I am guessing that Donskoi, Goldobin are protected from the draft? So are Meier, Heed and Sorenson. We do expose DeMelo, Martin and Dillon on D but the one I really hope we can protect is DeMelo. Martin > DeMelo right now, but I like how DeMelo progressed last year.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Hearing Lebrun say that the Sharks are looking for a puck moving defenseman who plays both sides makes me wonder if Dillon is on the block.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Hearing Lebrun say that the Sharks are looking for a puck moving defenseman who plays both sides makes me wonder if Dillon is on the block.

I think it's because they don't want him to play on his offside. Same for DeMelo. That's why I speculated about J.M. Liles. He has played both and is still a decent puck mover and pp guy.

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose

Dillon, Demelo, Heed, and said UFA coming into camp fighting the 5-6-7 spots would be a good thing. If Dillon gets beat, then you trade him.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I could see Liles working. If they sign anybody significant then they're really gonna block Heed and Demelo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad