Free Agent Frenzy 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Roman Polak. He's a gritty stay at home defenseman who has tons of experience is the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Upgrade on Dillon. Someone who is better defensively and can move the puck out of the zone better.

Someone in the bottom 6 who can add some scoring. Legitimate tweener type player that may give us an option to move Hertl down to the #3C if we need to and still give the Joe's a passable linemate.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
NHL backup. Grosenick was penciled in (1-way this coming season), but dropped below Dell in depth chart. 4 other goalies currently signed to NHL/AHL deals.

D - Sharks need to sign 2-6 D to fill depth chart for NHL/AHL (including re-signing RFAs/UFAs). 13 D currently signed.

F - Sharks probably need 4-10 F to fill NHL/AHL depth charts, including re-signs.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
To be honest, the only players I'd want to pursue would be Eriksson and a backup goalie. Otherwise, no interest in any other UFAs. Like DW has sorta been saying, we'll fill our holes with players already in the organization and then make in-season trades to tinker.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
What kind of money and term is Eriksson rumoured to be asking? Bruins have tons of cap space so surprised that they have not re-signed him yet.

Also, I am wondering if we can sign Hamhuis to a 2-3 year deal around 4M AAV and trade Dillon. He should be definitely an upgrade over Dillon.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
What kind of money and term is Eriksson rumoured to be asking? Bruins have tons of cap space so surprised that they have not re-signed him yet.

Also, I am wondering if we can sign Hamhuis to a 2-3 year deal around 4M AAV and trade Dillon. He should be definitely an upgrade over Dillon.

I honestly can't remember what kind of money he's seeking but I'm 95% sure the problem between Eriksson and Boston is term. They want four years, he wants five/six. But I think Eriksson's ask will come down given the state of the cap and every scrambling to take care of the expansion draft.

Signing Hamhuis for more than one year is asking for disaster, nevermind $4M. He's still a solid player but our D-corps is already one if the oldest in the league. I don't want to tie up money in another Martin.

USF Shark

Zôion politikòn
Aug 19, 2005
DC Area
A defenseman who can man the point on the second PP and play with Dillon. I'm a big fan of JM Liles and what he could do as our #5 and 2nd PP QB if we were to sign him. We have talked a lot about our lack of bottom 6 scoring in the SCF, but in the entire playoffs we only got 3 goals from defensemen not named Burns. By comparison, the Penguins got 6 goals from defensemen not named Letang.

Sharks really need another offensive option from the point.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Erikkson is asking for 6 mil last I read. The Sharks just need to take care of their own first. No need to rearrange the team just for the sake of doing it. You can always add during the season.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Also, if we are talking Eriksson then why not Ladd. He is a LW and the same age as Eriksson.

I don't think either of them would be worth the money. I don't think the Sharks need to go after a bump up front in the top nine. They have talent within that should get the opportunity at this point. If they were to get a big ticket free agent, it should be on the blue line but even there, I'm not really for anything at this point. Just get a backup and a veteran bottom sixer and see what we have at training camp.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Ladd might come cheaper. Definitely would fit with the teams identity and allow Hertl to play on the third line.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Erikkson is asking for 6 mil last I read. The Sharks just need to take care of their own first. No need to rearrange the team just for the sake of doing it. You can always add during the season.

I think that is probably what Ladd is looking for too.

Also, I would rather not add during the season/TDL as it will cost assets. I really don't want to give up our 1st round pick for a rental like Ladd like Chicago did.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011

The rumor I've heard with Eriksson was that he wanted more term than the Bruins were willing to give. I've been a fan of his forever.

I also agree that we should explore all options and see if we can get someone noteworthy to sign at a discount in hopes of a cup run. Kick the tires and listen to all our options. I would really like DW to bring in some meaningful depth to start the year, it would help even the workload and give us insurance in case our prospects aren't completely ready. Also, we wouldn't need to add as much at the deadline, which always costs a premium.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The rumor I've heard with Eriksson was that he wanted more term than the Bruins were willing to give. I've been a fan of his forever.

I also agree that we should explore all options and see if we can get someone noteworthy to sign at a discount in hopes of a cup run. Kick the tires and listen to all our options. I would really like DW to bring in some meaningful depth to start the year, it would help even the workload and give us insurance in case our prospects aren't completely ready. Also, we wouldn't need to add as much at the deadline, which always costs a premium.

If they want to sign someone to upgrade a position which turns into a trade of someone like Dillon, I'm fine with that but I want DeMelo/Heed to battle for a spot and I want Goldobin, Meier, and everyone else fighting for a spot in the top nine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad