GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'll take your word for the inconsistency, however you can't ignore 17th in goals and 16th in points in the NHL over the past four seasons. The guy is a top line player in aggregate.

Well that is why he is always on my fantasy team :)

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Prediction

Havlat - 2 Y - 6 MILL - Some of that money in bonuses for games played.

Brian Boyle - 3 Y - 8.75 MILL

Re-Sign - S. Gionta 2 Y - 3.6 MILL

No way Stephen Gionta gets $1.8 million a year.

I could see both Gionta's signing in Buffalo. That could be the reason Stephen hasn't re signed with us yet. I'm almost positive they'd want him back. Carter I'm not sure why we haven't re signed him yet. Bernier hasn't been re signed because he isn't coming back. I've said since January that we wouldn't bring him back. Too much of a passenger last year.

It could be possible that we go with a 4th line made up of Zubrus, Ruutu, Josefson, Sislo, if we sign a couple forwards. Still skeptical that two of Ruutu and Zubrus would play the 4th though.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 1m
Sounds like the Islanders are out on any of the big-name free agents right now. They'll continue to pursue a top-4 D and top-6 W

But everyone wants to play of the Island!

GhostofKenKlee

Carter to Wild or Rangers.

Maybe Lou is going to get all Rasslin on us and has a gag order on all that he signed just to confuse market. Fayne went to Edmonton to see the world's largest mall.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 1m
Sounds like the Islanders are out on any of the big-name free agents right now. They'll continue to pursue a top-4 D and top-6 W

But everyone wants to play of the Island!

Third best depth in the league brah!

Why would they need to sign forwards?!

GhostofKenKlee

Derp, Islanders are gonna be better than the Devils for the next few seasons.

MDZ is intriguing as is TJ Brennan and I would love guys like those here if Robinson was still coaching.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Our cup hath runneth over with young dmen....Why would we want a project?

Offseason Champs

May 16, 2011
I hope that the buyout of Volch allows us to spend big time money on Stastny or Vanek. Anyone else this free agency I'm pretty not interested in. Clearing that huge contract from Volch frees us up in a lot of ways and it'd be super disappointing to not capitalize on it.

I hope that the buyout of Volch allows us to spend big time money on Stastny or Vanek. Anyone else this free agency I'm pretty not interested in. Clearing that huge contract from Volch frees us up in a lot of ways and it'd be super disappointing to not capitalize on it.

People forget how Peter Stastny left the Devils in 1993. It wasn't a great situation. He kept getting healthy scratched by Herb Brooks and pretty much demanded a trade.

I think his son probably scratched us off the list a long time ago.

Vanek is going to MINNY.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1m
Stephen Gionta's agent, Steve Bartlett, said he had "good discussions" with Lamoriello last night, "Cautiously optimistic" deal done soon.
Great start...

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
just saw someone on facebook say we should be targeting David Booth on a 3-4M dollar deal

uh huh.

GhostofKenKlee

David "John Wilkes" Booth should be avoided at any cost.

GhostofKenKlee

Halischuk is going to become a UFA, thoughts on him replacing bernier as the 3rd / 4th line tweener?

NO moar ExDevils please.

In all seriousness, he's a guy who I wouldn't mind in that role if Carter isn't coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad