GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtyJerzey

Oct 19, 2013
today s going to be a good day..... posting my fat ass at the bar at noon, getting me some wings and beer going to see our Fearless Leader mr Lou Lamoriello pull some rabbits out of his ass and get us some ****ING GOAL SCORERS and then im going to watch the good ole u s of a beat the piss out of belgium... ( yup none of that is going to happen except the beer and wings part lol )

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I literally cannot wait to hear who we sign, why they stink, and how incompetent Lou is. :thisissoexciting:

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I literally cannot wait to hear who we sign, why they stink, and how incompetent Lou is. :thisissoexciting:

Truth! If its someone this board hasnt named yet its going to be hard to watch and read this board.

I hope he signs some 4th liner early everyone freaks out a couple of big names sign everyone freaks out more and then boom get the goal scorer.

People also need to remember that it takes 2 to tango. Lou can talk to ever UFA but they have to want to sign in NJ, if they dont it wont matter how much Lou talks.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
today s going to be a good day..... posting my fat ass at the bar at noon, getting me some wings and beer going to see our Fearless Leader mr Lou Lamoriello pull some rabbits out of his ass and get us some ****ING GOAL SCORERS and then im going to watch the good ole u s of a beat the piss out of belgium... ( yup none of that is

going to happen except the beer and wings part lol )

From your mouth to God's hear.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
If Vanek goes for a reasonable contract, something in the 6x5 range, some teams are going to be kicking themselves for passing on him because of a bad 17 game stretch (in which he actually scored 5 goals and 10 points, despite not playing well).

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
If Vanek goes for a reasonable contract, something in the 6x5 range, some teams are going to be kicking themselves for passing on him because of a bad 17 game stretch (in which he actually scored 5 goals and 10 points, despite not playing well).

There is no possible way any of the top FA's going for a reasonable price...You might possibly get a reasonable cap hit with some crafty structuring but whoever gets a Vanek is paying for it.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
There is no possible way any of the top FA's going for a reasonable price...You might possibly get a reasonable cap hit with some crafty structuring but whoever gets a Vanek is paying for it.

While 80% of the contracts given out in UFA are poor value, there are always some that are good value.

It's just about finding the guys that are undervalued for reasons such as "his last 17 games were subpar despite having a great career." Maybe Vanek does get ridiculous offers, but I suspect the market might be tepid because of how much people overreacted regarding his playoff performance.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
I'm also pretty bullish on Hemsky. He brings a dynamic this team severely lacks in that he can control the puck through the neutral zone and create plays for his teammates.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm coming home just before 12 to follow this.

Captain Lou

Apr 2, 2004
We shouldn't stay away from Vanek for the same reason we shouldn't have re-signed Salvador. Don't let one 20 game stretch blind you to the complete body of work.

I do think Vanek will be undervalued today for that very reason. Someone is going to make out quite nicely.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
While 80% of the contracts given out in UFA are poor value, there are always some that are good value.

It's just about finding the guys that are undervalued for reasons such as "his last 17 games were subpar despite having a great career." Maybe Vanek does get ridiculous offers, but I suspect the market might be tepid because of how much people overreacted regarding his playoff performance.

Vanek to me is one of those guy that the stats are deceiving IMO.

I know this is going to sound ridiculous but I've had Vanek on my Fantasy team for the last 3 years...The stretches of non production are maddening. Those last 17 games are a quite common occurrence. Bunches and nothing seems to have defined Vanek's career. The problem in my opinion is he isn't much useful during those "nothing" periods...

This just isn't a guy that really fits here...I don't remember who said it, but someone said Ryder is Vanek light...And I completely agree with that.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Greene and Cory need to be extended.

We have a backup in Kinkaid. He was very good in the minors last year. Wedge and Clermont need to run the show down there this year.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
Vanek to me is one of those guy that the stats are deceiving IMO.

I know this is going to sound ridiculous but I've had Vanek on my Fantasy team for the last 3 years...The stretches of non production are maddening. Those last 17 games are a quite common occurrence. Bunches and nothing seems to have defined Vanek's career. The problem in my opinion is he isn't much useful during those "nothing" periods...

This just isn't a guy that really fits here...I don't remember who said it, but someone said Ryder is Vanek light...And I completely agree with that.

I'll take your word for the inconsistency, however you can't ignore 17th in goals and 16th in points in the NHL over the past four seasons. The guy is a top line player in aggregate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad