GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
man I just don't get this. harrold is the perfect, PERFECT 7th defenseman for this team. factoring in salaries, I'd rather have him than fayne at this point, for when we suffer a rash of injuries

Yeah I don't get who the #7 defenseman becomes if you dump Harrold and re-sign Fayne, and don't say Salvador, that's just silly wishful thinking. They'd probably shuttle Gelinas back and forth between forward and D in that scenario.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'd rather that than "NJ signs Vanek to a 7 year 7 a year deal" or another bad FA pickup.

A 3-4 year deal for Gionta (and supposedly he wants at least three years, and multiple teams are in the bidding) would probably be worse than a 7-year deal for Vanek. And I don't particularly want Vanek either.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
A 3-4 year deal for Gionta (and supposedly he wants at least three years, and multiple teams are in the bidding) would probably be worse than a 7-year deal for Vanek. And I don't particularly want Vanek either.

Oh hell no lol. I didn't hear that.

I'm kinda stuck inbetween thinking. There are a couple if FAs that I'd give big deals to but the rest is rather avoid and not give the overpayment that we all hate in 2-3 seasons when we are stuck with them. It's so exciting to see that after this season our D will be cleared up to do whatever we want with. The forwards will take some more time so I don't want to just add to the mess unless it's the right deal.

Semak

Run away Lou, run away. His best bet is to stay and captain the Habs if they want him back.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Yeah I don't get who the #7 defenseman becomes if you dump Harrold and re-sign Fayne, and don't say Salvador, that's just silly wishful thinking. They'd probably shuttle Gelinas back and forth between forward and D in that scenario.

exactly- gelinas would suffer.

oh and I'm on board for Grabo. I've always liked his game, he sees the ice very well. not the highest hockey IQ, but in our structured system I think he would adapt nicely

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Devil on your left shoulder : " cooome on do it, do it"

Angel on your right shoulder: "f@&$ yea do it, do it!"

That's kind of the way I'm starting to feel about whether we should make a 'splash' in free agency, only I'm not sure which side is saying **** no, no huge long-term contracts and which side is saying buy all the FA's lol

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I have this feeling as well. I just want to see some team make a really stupid desperation move, you just know it's going to happen.

Matt Niskanen and Sather seems like a match made in heaven.

Niskanen's not a big enough name. Sather overpays big-name forwards generally, the last time he overpaid a d-man was Redden.

DevilsFanInFla

Feb 28, 2014
Well at least we didn't make Giontas list. We can put that nightmare to bed before it even started. Thank god for that! per John Shannon at Sportsnet.

Pegi90*

Mar 3, 2014
Helsinki, Finland
oh my gawd how slowly time goes!!

one of the most exciting free agent frenzys for me. havent really followed these live earlier, just the news but past years iv been watching it live.

who we get?

where does brodeur go?

any other big trades between the teams?

cant wait.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
I don't see how moulson doesn't sign here or nyi. Doesn't his family live here and isn't he bffs with Tavares? Plus the fact that we need a left winger who can score goals. I think he'd be a perfect fit here. I don't know what hell command, but I could see something like 4 years 22 mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad