Waived: Fredrik Claesson (update: he cleared)

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Oh well, to me, he has paid his dues, and has outplayed Boro since last year. I don't get why hockey ops in this organisation can't see that. But I guess they know more than I do.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
In b4 we claim Condra....

Claesson SHOULD clear. I guess there's a very minor chance he could get claimed, but that would surprise me.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Its just making room for Chabot to get 9 games. He'll pass and get called up in November.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Definitely top 6D in the organization, too bad the org loves them ottawa boys.

Condra instead of Neil would be nice. Kelly and him could be really tough on the PK.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Kind of hoping that we waived Claesson now because he's unlikely to get claimed, and keep him up for the 30 days during which we can send him down without having to put him on waivers again.

I really thought we were keeping 8 D up with the team... who is still up?

Methot-Karlsson
Ceci-Phaneuf
Boro-Wideman
Chabot-???

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Its just making room for Chabot to get 9 games. He'll pass and get called up in November.

Likely

Prior to the start of the season, each Club must submit to the NHL its "Opening Day Playing Roster" which shall be comprised of not more than 23 players.

14 F
Hoffman Turris Stone
Smith Brassard Ryan
Varone Pageau Pyatt
Dzingel Kelly Neil
Lazar Puempel

MacArthur IR Players on Injured Reserve do not count in the 23-man limit.

7D
Methot Karlsson
Phaneuf Ceci
Boro Wideman
Chabot

2G
Hammond, Anderson

Does not seem they are too sure on which forwards to keep up

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Likely

Prior to the start of the season, each Club must submit to the NHL its "Opening Day Playing Roster" which shall be comprised of not more than 23 players.

14 F
Hoffman Turris Stone
Smith Brassard Ryan
Varone Pageau Pyatt
Dzingel Kelly Neil
Lazar Puempel

MacArthur IR Players on Injured Reserve do not count in the 23-man limit.

7D
Methot Karlsson
Phaneuf Ceci
Boro Wideman
Chabot

2G
Hammond, Anderson

Does not seem they are too sure on which forwards to keep up

Why isn't Lazar on LTIR? He's got mono...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Last edited:

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Surprised. I really thought he was going to be one of the eight. I guess it's more Boro this season.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
If/when MacArthur comes back, I expect one of Varone, Lazar, Puempel or Pyatt will be sent to Bingo, barring another injury.

I suspect Kelly and Pyatt will be one of the PK forward groups, with Pageau and possibly Lazar composing the second PK unit.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
You have to have the player on your roster prior to placing them on LTIR iirc. So we still need to keep Lazar up before we can make room by placing him on reserve

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Unless I'm mistaken once Claesson clears, Ottawa can can call him up and send him down without him clearing again. Seems like a good depth move for both Bingo and Ottawa.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
It never made much sense to keep 8 D when Bingo is a phone call away. Short term, it makes room to carry one more extra forward for a while. It would be a shame to lose a potentially better younger guy when they have Neil, Kelly and Pyatt who shouldn't be here next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad