Speculation: Freddy to Canes for Pesce and Reims

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Canes looking to reduce payroll and improve tending next year
Leafs looking for a right handed D to play with Rielly
Freddy only 1M next year with $5M CAP hit
Pesce 4 more years at $4M CAP hit but has injury recovery risk and they have deepest D core in league
Leafs get a long term deal for a solid top 4 2 way D man
Your thoughts?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Pesce 4 more years at $4M CAP hit but has injury recovery risk and they have deepest D core in league
Your thoughts?
Where is the rumor?

weems

Jul 3, 2008
My thoughts are that we could only dream of getting back Pesce in a deal involving Andersen who has only 1 year left on his contract before he becomes a UFA.

Hope it happens but seems extremely optimistic from a Leafs perspective.

pylon17

Jan 19, 2017
Your thoughts?

This thread has just as much legitimacy as the Parayko one.

Reactions: ponder

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
R
don't want reimer back.
eimer back would only mean a flip to the penguins. Reimer would't play a game for us again, no more. Claude Lemieux is really pushing thangs and buttons evidently. He is the man behind this and all really. It all comes back to Claude in the end. He might be able to get us some real people from andersen.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Your thoughts?
Is this a rumour or a proposal?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Where is the rumor?
Just a few old hockey guys and scouts having a few beers watching Raps game and putting various pieces together ... Leafs have put Freddy out there ... Canes have interest ... Canes worried about long term shoulder risk to Pesce ... Canes have a couple d in minors who they want up but no room left ... Reims just pure speculation as Canes would need to get rid of a goalie next year

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Enjoy Scott Darling 2.0, whoever that will be.

I'm not a Canes fan by any means but, even still, this post really doesn't make any sense (or at least isnt based in reality). Canes are 7th in GAA over the past 2 years and 10th over the past 3. Toronto, on the other hand, has hovered between 20th to 25th. I love Freddy Andersen, I think hes an above average starter and better than anyone the Canes have, but they are certainly making do.

If the Canes want to acquire Freddy (or a better impending UFA in Raanta), it won't take someone like Pesce. Not even close. On the other hand, if the Leafs want to add a top 3DMan with term, its going to cost a hell of a lot more than Andersen, and Andersen 100% will not be the main piece.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Just a few old hockey guys and scouts having a few beers watching Raps game and putting various pieces together ... Leafs have put Freddy out there ... Canes have interest ... Canes worried about long term shoulder risk to Pesce ... Canes have a couple d in minors who they want up but no room left ... Reims just pure speculation as Canes would need to get rid of a goalie next year
Thats not a rumor then.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Canes have no room for their young D? News to me, what with three of their regulars being UFAs....

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Maybe change the title to proposal then. There is no rumour, just speculation.

weems

Jul 3, 2008

So basically...

c255b36d252cd08a9e97d40374f3502c--grumpy-old-men-ice-fishing.jpg

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
That's not a rumour.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Jeezus man lol put the link in haha.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
I can’t see the Leafs acquiring Pesce without moving someone like Nylander. I’m not saying either team would do it or even proposing it, I’m just saying that Andersen doesn’t have enough value on his own to return a defensemen if that caliber, and that’s regardless of contract status...

I don’t hate Reimer. But I imagine he would hate Toronto after all the harassment his family faced on Twitter. I know I would.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad