Waived: Freddie Hamilton on waivers pt.2: CLAIMED BY ARIZONA

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
42.21% SVA CF%
-8.15% CF% Rel

He's been a substandard. Much like our 4th line this entire season.

Just FYI; Andrew Mangiapane:
64.69% SVA CF%
11.60% CF% Rel

To put that into context, Stajan's had a 11-3 shot advantage with Mangi on the ice with him. Lazar is even better, where his CF% jumps almost 13% with than without Mangi; this is compared it going down 18% with Freddie.

Turns out, we just had better players in Stockton.
This doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. Just to clarify - my original post was a joke.

I’m VERY happy to see that Mangi is seeing success (from an analytic point of view) so far - I really like his game so far.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
If he proves that he is an everyday NHL guy and yes, then he does prove the Flames wrong because he was never given that opportunity with Calgary.

Not saying he couldn't have achieved more, but who would he have replaced in the lineup? The only 'mistake' I see the Flames made with him was not putting him in the AHL longer to see if he could develop into something more.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Not saying he couldn't have achieved more, but who would he have replaced in the lineup? The only 'mistake' I see the Flames made with him was not putting him in the AHL longer to see if he could develop into something more.
This year, Stajan

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
1 month later, he still hasn't played for them

If all I am going to do is sit in the PB and practice brother or not I would much rather do that in Arizona in January than Calgary. Seems like it worked out pretty well for Freddie especially considering the weather has been extra awful this past month.

Reactions: crackdown44

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I guess it's a move only a top-3 GM would understand. I'm sure it makes sense in some spreadsheet he has.

Step 1: Trade 7th overall pick
Step 2: Acquire Familton
Step 3: Trade Domi to the Flames for less than he's worth

I like Chayka. He gave us a strong starting goalie, and he took Familton away :D

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Step 1: Trade 7th overall pick
Step 2: Acquire Familton
Step 3: Trade Domi to the Flames for less than he's worth

I like Chayka. He gave us a strong starting goalie, and he took Familton away :D

He also helped us get into the playoffs last year with Mike Stone for peanuts.
Chayka to fix Calgary's third line, Confirmed!

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
What's even more odd is that it isn't like the Coyotes are on a Boston Bruins type run where you don't want to change anything up or the Preds who are sure they are going to the play-offs so maybe want a guy like that as injury insurance.

Why if you are the worst team in the league with a roster that one of us may be able to crack wouldn't you give the guy a game or two if you claim him?

Oh well it is Chayka and the Coyotes so nothing they do makes sense but we can get fanboys to tell us how smart they are.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
RE Step 1:
The Coyotes are terrible. Stepan has been mediocre. A bunch of options at 7th overall are now looking fantastic.

RE Step 2:
I have no idea why we claimed Hamilton and I really have no desire to see him in a game, anyway so I'm not mad he's sitting out, it just seems pointless and stupid to have acquired him in the first place. Maybe they nearly pulled the trigger on Duclair for a prospect or pick right as Hamilton hit waivers? After that the Panik deal came through instead?

RE Step3:
The Domi rumors are troubling. Hopefully it's just Larry Brooks doing Larry Brooks things. It would be beyond stupid to sell low on Domi, right after selling low on Duclair.

RE Smith:
I still hate him and I'm still extremely happy he's gone. I was dancing a jig when we dumped him. I've been thrilled will Raanta's performance and I hope we lock him up long-term. I'm glad Smith is working out for the Flames. I like Treliving and Maloney and if it weren't for Brian Burke (who I like about as much as Smith), I'd wish nothing but the best for the Flames. Flames fans are great though, and I'm glad things are going well. Still, you'll find no Coyotes fans crying over the Smith trade.

RE Chayka fanboys:
I don't think any of those are Coyotes fans. I think those are just the fancy stats acolytes and the "Millennials > Everyone" set.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad