Waived: Freddie Hamilton on waivers pt.2: CLAIMED BY ARIZONA

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
He's also a grown ass man and supposedly a professional.

ce2.png
Sure, he's a professional hockey player, whose job it is to play hockey professionally, which he's quite good at. His job, as much as there's PR involved, is not to treat reporters like his friends and talk about his feelings with them. I'll never understand why people think "famous professional" immediately means "zero right to privacy".

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Sure, he's a professional hockey player, whose job it is to play hockey professionally, which he's quite good at. His job, as much as there's PR involved, is not to treat reporters like his friends and talk about his feelings with them. I'll never understand why people think "famous professional" immediately means "zero right to privacy".

I agree with your point.

However, by Dougie essentially saying 'no comment', he is (perhaps inadvertently) making a comment.

Reactions: tmurfin

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
I agree with your point.

However, by Dougie essentially saying 'no comment', he is (perhaps inadvertently) making a comment.
Sure, it can be interpreted that way. I think the question itself is somewhat invasive/bush league, however. I understand the media are trying to create a more relatable public face for professional athletes, but "how do you feel about player x leaving your team", particularly when you know they have a connection to that player, is pretty dumb. What are the possible answers? The "acceptable" one, according to the general fanbase, seems to be "he's a loss to the team but I wish him luck" or something to that effect. Awesome platitudes. Anything that remotely resembles an actual feeling is framed as unprofessional.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
giphy.gif

Let it go....

giphy.gif

That troll never bothered me anyways.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
You guys are ridiculous some times- the guy isn't a robot, he's obviously not going to be thrilled that his brother left town, but that's ok because that's totally a human emotion. If he's telling the truth and his mind is just on hockey then that's better than we can ask for. It's not unprofessional or babyish at all. Jesus.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Y'all wanted him to say "I'm sad my brother's gone, but glad he's got the opportunity to shine" or something? I actually prefer his response. He's there to play hockey, not talk about his f***in brother hahaha

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Glad he’s gone, he was wasting a roster space, wish him all the best though. His brother can suck it up and deal with it like a professional.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I thought Freddie was OK in his time here. Wish him success in the future. Too bad for him we have a surplus of borderline NHL talent and the team has underperformed.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
wow, Dougie has made this into a story that wouldn't have existed if he'd just responded.

He did respond. This only seems to be a "story" here.

If he had said "I'm pissed that they let him go" that would be a hell of a bigger story, if he said "good for him" people would still talk about it.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Stajan. Lazar. Brouwer.

Considering the coaches seem pretty unwilling to sit Stajan and Brouwer I am not sure that was a reality. Plus I would argue Hamilton is a much better fit as the 13th forward than either guy, Brouwer especially.

It isn't a loss for the Flames but it wasn't like Hamilton was holding anyone up from making the big team. He was a good fit for the 13th forward but the team seems to not want to send guys like Brouwer or Stajan down so he is a victim of the numbers/contract game.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Ya he was. He never played because he was never good enough to challenge for a spot. Bring someone up that will fight for a spot.

But they did.

Hathaway came up and Hamilton did nothing at all to prevent him from playing, Jankowski came up and wasn't once held back from playing because of Hamilton.

As mentioned in the game thread Hamilton has spent the vast majority of this season sitting in the PB. Are you really complaining that guys like Mangiapane, Hrvik, Hathaway etc. should have been up here taking his spot in the PB?

Those guys were being held back because of players like Glass, Stajan, Brouwer, Versteeg and Jagr. Those are the guys playing. Those are the guys taking up spots and not playing well at all.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
And Francis doubles down on his stupidity from yesterday with an absolute pile of garbage article today.

I used to think that Francis took more flak than deserved and sometimes when he had it right he got crapped on because of his reputation but seeing how he has handled this has really changed my mind.

He deserves every negative thing said about him.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Dougie is not doing too hot
The team does not feel obligated to keep his brother around to make him happy anymore

Simple as that

Freddie is alright but he was not helping
Team is in deep shit and needs to look at other options
They need to do more though

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Dougie is not doing too hot
The team does not feel obligated to keep his brother around to make him happy anymore

Simple as that

Freddie is alright but he was not helping
Team is in deep **** and needs to look at other options
They need to do more though

Why did they ever feel obligated to keep his brother around?

This theory that they signed and kept Freddie around only to keep Dougie happy is so stupid and completely opposite of all the evidence out there is it unbelievable that people keep pushing it.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm willing to bet that the Flames place Freddie on waiver knowing he was likely to be taken this time around. I believe this was their way of doing him a solid, much like they did with Eddie Lack.

As for Dougie apparently making a big deal out of this, being unprofessional or whatever garbage is being spewed, what a load of f***ing bullshit. The brothers are best friends, it was their dream to play in the NHL together, of course he is upset and doesn't want to talk about it. Why would he? Deflecting away from his personal feeling to the game should not be seen as unprofessional and should not be an opening for pieces of shit like Eric Francis to use as a basis for another piece of shit article that proves he wouldn't have a job without Mommy's help.

Someone should ask that mama's boy if he would want to talk about it if his Mom lost her job and had to go to a city 1500 miles away to get a job.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I don't want to click onto Francis' article, but what did he write this time?
How Freddie being taken was a blessing for the Flames and how Dougie is making a big deal out of the situation.... that was where I stopped. It's all ironic though since he only has a job because of who his mother is.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I don't want to click onto Francis' article, but what did he write this time?

It was basically a rehashing of the BS he said from last night so i will just copy what I said from the gamethread:

He said that Freddie held back the team bringing up Jankowski, Hathaway, Mangiapane. Ignoring the fact that for the vast majority of the season Freddie sat in the PB so unless he felt that those 3 guys should have replaced Hamilton in the PB it would appear he had nothing to do with holding them back and the guys playing on the ice were the ones stopping them. But that isn't a juicy story so of course Francis ignored that.

Also said that Dougie made it worse by saying he wasn't going to talk about it which again was the right move but isn't a cool story for him so he is pissed about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->