Injury Report: Freddie Andersen

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC

Looks nice, but someone correct me here if I'm wrong. I have heard a long-posted theory that goalies should have white pads to match the ice to make it harder to distinguish the pad and ice from a shooter. That's always seemed a little silly to me, but I've heard it enough to make me consider the idea.

I doubt there is a psychological benefit to having red pads, similar to the statistically sound notion of the small benefit of having red colored jerseys over blue jerseys. That goes back to a boxing study but I could see it playing out in hockey. We've talked about it before years ago.

The anecdotal evidence was from years ago, MA Fleury used to have bright yellow pads. He switched one season to white pads and supposedly played better. I'm thinking this was around 2007 or so.

Reactions: zman77

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
??????????
1674732128144.png

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
At least we know he didn’t re-injure his knee ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wonder if it’s from the collision with Burns.

4d chess strategy. We know his weakness so trade him to San Jose for the easy win :sarcasm:
At this point who knows. But he let in 2 on 7, the second one being soft, and this isn't the first time that time he starts doing that and suddenly he's injured.

Whatever took him out, wasn't bad enough to pull him from the net during the period.

I'm starting to wonder if he just wasn't feeling it last night and either claimed to have tweaked something or... Idk. Who knows with this guy any more.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
I would say that his injury had something to do with the slash he received in the first. So he may have just had a headache from the stick upside his head.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad