Injury Report: Freddie Andersen

Canes445

Dec 4, 2021
When Freddie has played, he's clearly looked better than Raanta or Kooch. He gives us our best chance to win in the playoffs. And we know he's fragile. Put two and two together and the objective has to be to maximize his health for the playoffs.

The best part is that we're pretty much guaranteed to make the playoffs, and we have two really decent alternatives in goal so there's no urgency whatsoever to give Freddie a bunch of starts. Raanta is reasonably reliable as long as they don't start him too many times in a row, and Kooch has been brilliant when he has confidence.

So, other than worrying about his conditioning when we get closer to the playoffs, I really like the decision to be super cautious about playing Freddie.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
The thing that worries me now is that it does seem that when he starts to shit the bed, he's suddenly "injured".

Maybe he was injured. Maybe it was a little ding. Maybe his game was off and he said " I don't feel right". I just hope it doesn't become a pattern. This is a contract year for him after all. There will be questions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad