Injury Report: Freddie Andersen day to day

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
And amazingly, the smell is only the third-worst thing about the Callery/Bradford pears in my experience:

2nd: the leather-like leaves that wreck your lawn if you don't deal with them quickly.

1st: the fact they split under their own weight after about 10 years, meaning you need to keep them very well pruned or (better) just replace the damn tree after 10 years or so.

I was in a neighborhood where those trees were reaching 10+ years and one by one they would split under heavy wind and block the street. Ended up replacing ours before it could split on us.

One of our Bradfords split and fell against our garage at just over 10 years. Ripped them both out and dared the HOA to say shit about it.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
One of our Bradfords split and fell against our garage at just over 10 years. Ripped them both out and dared the HOA to say shit about it.

We lived in Cary. I asked the landscape guy working with us if we needed to go to the HOA or town.

“You’re replacing a Bradford pear with a crepe myrtle. You think they are going to say no??”

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
We lived in Cary. I asked the landscape guy working with us if we needed to go to the HOA or town.

“You’re replacing a Bradford pear with a crepe myrtle. You think they are going to say no??”

Can't stand either tree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad