Post-Game Talk: Frauds 5 - Jerks 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Perfetti can be upgraded. For a team that wants to go far that is something that seriously needs to be looked at. Thats what winning teams do. Perfetti just dosnt have what is needed to go deep in the playoff's in my opinion. Quite being suck a fanboi, you do whats got to be done for the betterment of the team not one player.
it's a shame that Perfetti's NHL career is wasted at 22 years 2 months. He has been in a rough patch. He has played all of basically a season and a half worth of games in total in his career and right now even with his slump is on a 41 point pace approximately.

I don't think the Jets are even considering giving up on him considering the long leash they've had with Logan Stanley who really doesn't have it in him to be more than a #7 at best.

I don't know what will happen between now and the end of the season or in the playoffs(if we get in) with Perfetti but hopefully in the offseason he bulks up a little which will help him with the rigors of a full season. I do think that once he pots a goal and get some confidence in himself back you'll see the early season Perfetti again.

Maybe the Jets can find a scoring forward to add to the lineup, maybe for Appleton and or Stanley, Lucious and a 3rd or something like that. I think our other top F prospects aren't on the table really. And we still need another experienced D.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
it's a shame that Perfetti's NHL career is wasted at 22 years 2 months. He has been in a rough patch. He has played all of basically a season and a half worth of games in total in his career and right now even with his slump is on a 41 point pace approximately.

I don't think the Jets are even considering giving up on him considering the long leash they've had with Logan Stanley who really doesn't have it in him to be more than a #7 at best.

I don't know what will happen between now and the end of the season or in the playoffs(if we get in) with Perfetti but hopefully in the offseason he bulks up a little which will help him with the rigors of a full season. I do think that once he pots a goal and get some confidence in himself back you'll see the early season Perfetti again.

Maybe the Jets can find a scoring forward to add to the lineup, maybe for Appleton and or Stanley, Lucious and a 3rd or something like that. I think our other top F prospects aren't on the table really. And we still need another experienced D.
Where ever did I say his career was wasted? I really like him as a player. All I’m saying is that I wouldn't be opposed to trading him for the RIGHT player. One with term, like a high end top 6 guy (Konecny for ex.). Or a top 2 RHD. You have to give to get and we have our best window over the next few years and a lot of good/great prospects, Perfetti included.

I’m not saying I want to trade him, I’m saying all avenues should be open and explored that can help make the Jets strong Stanley Cup contenders over the next handful of years. You know, the years we have the best NhL goalie and Schif, Connor Ehlers and Morrissey in their primes.

Man…this board sometimes.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Where ever did I say his career was wasted? I really like him as a player. All I’m saying is that I wouldn't be opposed to trading him for the RIGHT player. One with term, like a high end top 6 guy (Konecny for ex.). Or a top 2 RHD. You have to give to get and we have our best window over the next few years and a lot of good/great prospects, Perfetti included.

I’m not saying I want to trade him, I’m saying all avenues should be open and explored that can help make the Jets strong Stanley Cup contenders over the next handful of years. You know, the years we have the best NhL goalie and Schif, Connor Ehlers and Morrissey in their primes.

I absolutely see your point...

Not looking to trade him but he is not untouchable in the right deal. His struggles for the last 15 or so games show he is not quite ready for a prime role and that is what the jets need now.

Perfetti will have enough value that he might be the main piece in a trade for a more proven guy.

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
I absolutely see your point...

Not looking to trade him but he is not untouchable in the right deal. His struggles for the last 15 or so games show he is not quite ready for a prime role and that is what the jets need now.

Perfetti will have enough value that he might be the main piece in a trade for a more proven guy.
Thank you!

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

This is not a bad discussion to have, but will be pretty raw with some people. Personally I'm pretty conflicted with Perfetti right now. I still think the kid has a bright future, but at the same time he has really struggled over the last month, and being a healthy scratch was probably a good thing. Strength and speed are question marks. Trading him seems like a step too far, but bringing back another young player of similar quality shouldn't be off the table if it is a young center or defenseman. That said I think he stays a Jet and has a bright future, it just might take a while longer to get there than hoped. How's that for a conflicted post :laugh:

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Kotchetkov should get an assist on our fourth goal.:D
Maybe even a game jacket.

7th time we've score 5 goals in a period. The "franchise" record is 6 when the Thrashers scored 6 against Anaheim in an 8-1 win.

Lets hope we aren't in the position where we have to do this to win a game in the playoffs. Unless of course we are successful then it's fine.:nod:

Cotton Eye Joe

Oct 8, 2023
Hey Biznasty…

source.gif
Suck it Biz!

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast

Always remember when you want to make a trade you have to look at the salary cap. You can do with rentals but if you want term you might have a problem.
Perfetti under $1M ... Konecny for example $5.5M
It's way too early to give up on Perfetti. Perfetti needs to have a power forward on his line and he needs to beef up a bit and get stronger ... he only 22.
Also Jets need to start drafting big strong players ... Jets defense is too small for playoffs imo.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Always remember when you want to make a trade you have to look at the salary cap. You can do with rentals but if you want term you might have a problem.
It's way too early to give up on Perfetti. Perfetti needs to have a power forward on his line and he needs to beef up a bit and get stronger ... he only 22.
Also Jets need to start drafting big strong players ... Jets defense is too small for playoffs imo.
Just to stay in the discussion, current salarys probably wouldn't impact this season as we have a fair amount of TDL cap space. And next season Perfetti is a RFA so there would be a jump in salary, though by now it seems pretty likely it would be a bridge deal. But still likely something in the $3 - $4 M range.

Reactions: Jets 31

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Did Perfetti lose weight as the season progressed. The big story over the summer was how he bulcked up..

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Kotchetkov should get an assist on our fourth goal.:D
Maybe even a game jacket.

7th time we've score 5 goals in a period. The "franchise" record is 6 when the Thrashers scored 6 against Anaheim in an 8-1 win.

Lets hope we aren't in the position where we have to do this to win a game in the playoffs. Unless of course we are successful then it's fine.:nod:
Well the 5th goal was an empty netter.
I enjoyed the Preds playoff comeback game more ... Jets down 3-0 after 1st period in game 3. Jets scored 4 goals in the second to take 4-3 lead and won 7-4 but don't get me wrong this was a great comeback and hopefully its the beginning of Jets dominating again.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018

We don't really know if we have good/great prospects though do we until they actually get into the NHL and play some games. I'd have to look back to see exactly what people thought of the Perfetti pick at the time. I'm sure he was considered to be a good/great prospect at the time, I do remember I was stoked that we got him.

If he has 1 point in his last 20 games(it's actually 18, since his 5 point game against Columbus) that means he had 29 points in 38 games prior. Not too shabby .

In those 18 games 11 times the Jets scored 2 or less goals, so most nights really no one was scoring. Schmidt got a bit of a break with Stanley getting some time earlier in the season. Maybe a couple games in the PB will do Perfetti some good but again doubt he is included in a trade.

Are you the poster that keeps pumping Konecny's tires and has been ad nauseum all season long. Doubt that is happening as well. We would have to pay far more than what Chevy(and I suspect the Jet faithful here) would be prepared to give up.

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015

Didn’t you say earlier that McGroat was off the table lol. A mid to high prospect currently playing college hockey is off the table but everyone else in the org is available?

I agree to push for a Cup Anyone and Anything should be on the table for the right piece to make us better and that would include any of our star players.

That being said you try to acquire the best you can for the least amount. You don’t shop top players or prospects.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Didn’t you say earlier that McGroat was off the table lol. A mid to high prospect currently playing college hockey is off the table but everyone else in the org is available?

I agree to push for a Cup Anyone and Anything should be on the table for the right piece to make us better and that would include any of our star players.

That being said you try to acquire the best you can for the least amount. You don’t shop top players or prospects.
That just because he’s a personnel favourite of mine, but of course no prospect should be untouchable for the right price, McGororaty included. Unless your name is Connor Bedard of course

And no you shouldn't be shopping top prospects. But if your out there inquiring about other teams top players, natuarlly they are going to be doing the same. Generally a team trading a top piece is one that is looking to get picks and prospects back.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

McGroarty is probably a bridge too far unless it was a very well established young player of similar caliber. He is way to good of a prospect to be considered in any type of rental deal. I can't ever remembering a team trading their top prospect at the TDL.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Did Perfetti lose weight as the season progressed. The big story over the summer was how he bulcked up..
Perfetti hasn't played an 82 game schedule in the NHL ... its a grind.
Also teams have been targeting Perfetti which not to many people have mentioned other than Wiebe. I saw it when he played here in Vancouver. He was slow getting to the bench after getting hit a couple of times.

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
We don't really know if we have good/great prospects though do we until they actually get into the NHL and play some games. I'd have to look back to see exactly what people thought of the Perfetti pick at the time. I'm sure he was considered to be a good/great prospect at the time, I do remember I was stoked that we got him.

If he has 1 point in his last 20 games(it's actually 18, since his 5 point game against Columbus) that means he had 29 points in 38 games prior. Not too shabby .

In those 18 games 11 times the Jets scored 2 or less goals, so most nights really no one was scoring. Schmidt got a bit of a break with Stanley getting some time earlier in the season. Maybe a couple games in the PB will do Perfetti some good but again doubt he is included in a trade.

Are you the poster that keeps pumping Konecny's tires and has been ad nauseum all season long. Doubt that is happening as well. We would have to pay far more than what Chevy(and I suspect the Jet faithful here) would be prepared to give up.
Nope not me. I’m the poster who thinks the Jets should do anything and everything possible to ice the best team they can over the next 3 years while we have Helle, Connor, Scheif, Ehlers, Morrissey etc all in their prime and locked up to good deals

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I love Perfetti and Lambert, but I can’t help but wonder how a bull of a player like Brady Tkachuk would transform the Jets top 6.

A player like Tkachuk is probably not popular with most Jets fans, but he’d be an upgrade on Perfetti and strengthen this team. Ottawa would need to take a salary dump though.

*DISCLAIMER* Don’t actually think anything like this would happen. Denials in Ottawa that he’s even available.

Just some food for thought.

Tkachuk would absolutely change this franchise but we won't get him for Perfetti... think Kyle Connor + Perfetti as a base.

Reactions: WolfHouse

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

We have entered the part of the season where some posters exaggerate the importance of their response to 'defend' the team... its a long season, it will pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad