Post-Game Talk: Frauds 5 - Jerks 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I'm always civil and he doesn't collect signs, he makes them. Just for me.

Okay, this is one of those tl;dr replies that will bring out my haters, but I can't pass up the chance to maybe educate a few people.

As some of you know, I am largely deaf. My hearing is 20% left side and %15 right side, on a good day. Normally, when a girl reaches the age that boys go from pulling her hair to running their fingers through it, it's an awkward transition. When you are wearing electronics on your ears, it's far worse. Screeching feedback is always a mood-breaker.

Jumping ahead a few years, foxing requires some careful decisions about when to remove your hearing aids. If your head will press against sheets or a pillow, keeping them in is a disaster. If your festivities don't require your ears to come in contact with anything, keeping them in place makes sense so as not to miss hearing something important or to make a quick getaway after. In a full evening with a variety of situations, it's best to discuss the situation ahead of time with your partner, especially if he expects you to react to his verbal cues or intensely stimulating commentary.

I usually trot out a little explanation which outlines things quite well for imminent partners. I even found a funny slogan, Facta Non Verba (Deeds, Not Words) to underline things for them. Of course, I said all this for the current BF. He confirmed that once things got really underway I would be unlikely to hear whatever he said, then nodded a few times and said he'd be prepared should the occasion arise. Not surprisingly, the occasion arose at his place the following night. And then he did something for me that no man has ever done before.

He'd gotten a bag of popsicle sticks and attached little handmade signs to about 30 of them, covering most of the things that might happen during a night of passion. They were hilarious! Some of them were questions, some suggestions, some merely grunts, and a few were overly ambitious. He spread them out and assured me that I didn't need to hear anything, he'd just wave the appropriate sign. And he did! I've never laughed so much before during sex in my entire life. What girl wouldn't melt for such a gesture of empathy?

That's what the signs collection is about: an expression of his thoughtfulness and understanding. And all the other things your dirty mind probably jumps to. And now, I have to go and prep and ponder what my prediction will be for the Sabres game.

He sounds like a keeper :laugh:

EDIT: That's really a sweet and amusing gesture. Most guys don't go that extra mile, hence my comment.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Wonder if Crosby is off the table.
Gotta think Pittsburgh may be rebuilding.
Would Chevy go big game hunting?
Imagine the cost!

They are apparently asking for 2 top prospects for Guentzel.

Crosby = Perfetti + Lambert + McGroarty + Heinola...

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna

Okay, this is one of those tl;dr replies that will bring out my haters, but I can't pass up the chance to maybe educate a few people.

As some of you know, I am largely deaf. My hearing is 20% left side and %15 right side, on a good day. Normally, when a girl reaches the age that boys go from pulling her hair to running their fingers through it, it's an awkward transition. When you are wearing electronics on your ears, it's far worse. Screeching feedback is always a mood-breaker.

Jumping ahead a few years, foxing requires some careful decisions about when to remove your hearing aids. If your head will press against sheets or a pillow, keeping them in is a disaster. If your festivities don't require your ears to come in contact with anything, keeping them in place makes sense so as not to miss hearing something important or to make a quick getaway after. In a full evening with a variety of situations, it's best to discuss the situation ahead of time with your partner, especially if he expects you to react to his verbal cues or intensely stimulating commentary.

I usually trot out a little explanation which outlines things quite well for imminent partners. I even found a funny slogan, Facta Non Verba (Deeds, Not Words) to underline things for them. Of course, I said all this for the current BF. He confirmed that once things got really underway I would be unlikely to hear whatever he said, then nodded a few times and said he'd be prepared should the occasion arise. Not surprisingly, the occasion arose at his place the following night. And then he did something for me that no man has ever done before.

He'd gotten a bag of popsicle sticks and attached little handmade signs to about 30 of them, covering most of the things that might happen during a night of passion. They were hilarious! Some of them were questions, some suggestions, some merely grunts, and a few were overly ambitious. He spread them out and assured me that I didn't need to hear anything, he'd just wave the appropriate sign. And he did! I've never laughed so much before during sex in my entire life. What girl wouldn't melt for such a gesture of empathy?

That's what the signs collection is about: an expression of his thoughtfulness and understanding. And all the other things your dirty mind probably jumps to. And now, I have to go and prep and ponder what my prediction will be for the Sabres game.
Sounds like a keeper!

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Eventually if not next year he will ask for a trade out of Ottawa and you know his preferred destination will be in the States
From Ottawa, probably, but if winning and playing meaningful hockey in Winnipeg I don’t think he’d be asking out. He’d play out his contract at least.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Imagine the cost!

They are apparently asking for 2 top prospects for Guentzel.

Crosby = Perfetti + Lambert + McGroarty + Heinola...

I'm guessing that would be about right. They'd be insane not to take it though.....

The Jets would definitely do that trade, the org might consider it worth it just for the increase in STH a trade like that would result in.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

That is one of the coolest, most hilarious things I have heard someone do for their significant other.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I just went back and read the GDT when all hell broke loose after the 2nd period and a whole swath of posters had their pitch forks out, few of which took part in the post game celebrations. But I came across this gem by @flyingkiwi

"Holy heck what kind of early game is this how come we're done two periods already?

Haven't missed much I see but will turn into the third as we score four unanswered."

Post of the day award! How was she to know Nino would get an empty netter with 10 seconds left :laugh:

Yeah I thought 5 was ambitious but lesson learnt not to underestimate myself.

I wanted to shut the game off at 3-0, but my 7 year old daughter who is a hockey nut said “no Dad, you never know what can happen “. So I left it on and she gave me that I told you so look every time the Jets scored.:laugh:

Kids, gotta love them.

All of you claiming credit for turning off after the 2nd can thank Chozen's daughter too. :laugh:

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
I’ve rarely posted in the HF Jets forum this season and they’ve had a tremendous year - best since the magical WCF year, which was also the last time I rarely posted. Coincidence? Just in case it’s not, I’ll continue to make myself scarce. :D

HECK of a comeback! So damn happy and proud!

GJG!!!

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Where ever did I say his career was wasted? I really like him as a player. All I’m saying is that I wouldn't be opposed to trading him for the RIGHT player. One with term, like a high end top 6 guy (Konecny for ex.). Or a top 2 RHD. You have to give to get and we have our best window over the next few years and a lot of good/great prospects, Perfetti included.

I’m not saying I want to trade him, I’m saying all avenues should be open and explored that can help make the Jets strong Stanley Cup contenders over the next handful of years. You know, the years we have the best NhL goalie and Schif, Connor Ehlers and Morrissey in their primes.

Man…this board sometimes.
not sure if the context of your post TDL or off-season;

id say the likelihood of him being moved at the TDL are slim. esp since he's an RFA still. he's 22 he'll go through ups and downs within a season.

his scoring by month:
Oct: 12gp - 4g 7pts
Nov: 13gp - 7g 12pts
Dec: 13gp - 2g 5pts
Jan: 12gp - 4g 7pts
Feb: 11gp - 0pts

IMO he's still one of the 12 best fwds on the team, and still has more skill in one hand than the alternatives like Kupari or Gustafsson. his upside when playing at his best is far beyond the alternatives we currently have, he hasn't been there for a few months which is a concern for sure. if we do make another top-6 acquisition though at the TDL then maybe.

i also don't see who really would be available to include him in a deal for? the Jets made their move at 2C with Monahan, all the other top-6ers that are available (thinking teams outside of the POs) like Buchnevich i wouldn't move Perfetti for. and the RHDs, i don't think there's many of note.

off-season, if he is refusing to sign long-term i think they may explore a trade though. he doesn't have arbitration rights so not much he can do really either.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
not sure if the context of your post TDL or off-season;

id say the likelihood of him being moved at the TDL are slim. esp since he's an RFA still. he's 22 he'll go through ups and downs within a season.

his scoring by month:
Oct: 12gp - 4g 7pts
Nov: 13gp - 7g 12pts
Dec: 13gp - 2g 5pts
Jan: 12gp - 4g 7pts
Feb: 11gp - 0pts

IMO he's still one of the 12 best fwds on the team, and still has more skill in one hand than the alternatives like Kupari or Gustafsson. his upside when playing at his best is far beyond the alternatives we currently have, he hasn't been there for a few months which is a concern for sure. if we do make another top-6 acquisition though at the TDL then maybe.

i also don't see who really would be available to include him in a deal for? the Jets made their move at 2C with Monahan, all the other top-6ers that are available (thinking teams outside of the POs) like Buchnevich i wouldn't move Perfetti for. and the RHDs, i don't think there's many of note.

off-season, if he is refusing to sign long-term i think they may explore a trade though. he doesn't have arbitration rights so not much he can do really either.
The context of my post was at any point. Absolutely no prospect should be off the table, ever (unless player is in the franchise player category like Bedard)

It is the GM’s job to constantly be looking to upgrade the team, especially when that team is in a win now mode. After all the entire point of a season is to win the Stanley Cup. Obviously care has to be taken to ensure the cupboards are not bare. The Jets seem to have quite a few offensive minded prospects, and it is a position of strength for the org, so what does it hurt to explore all options to give this iteration of the Jets the best shot possible?

I’m not saying I want to trade him. But I trust Chevy, and would not be opposed to it in knowing that if it did happen I’m confident due diligence would have been done and all pros and cons weighed. Same goes for any of our prospects.

The Jets have a very good window over the next few years while out top guys are all in their primes and locked up. What better time to load up then now? I’m not talking a rental either. I’m talking about a youngish impact player with some term who can immediately step into a top 6 role or play RHD on our top pairing. Easier said than done I know, but what I do know is that in order to find that player, something of substance would have to go the other way. If that something happens to be Perfetti, so be it. In Chevy we trust.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
I have no problem with keeping an open mind about trading almost anyone, while our window of contention lasts. My no-trade list at this point consists of 1 forward, 1 D and 1 goalie, that's it.

Re Perfetti, I am somewhat conflicted, to use KingBogo's term. He has produced at a ~ 0.53 PPG pace through his first 127 NHL games, but has only had ~14 minutes per game of ice time on average. With top-6 minutes and better line mates it projects to ~55 points over an 80 game season. That is Bryan Little level of production and, at age 22, is Perfetti's floor, if he stays healthy. That's a big if, and the biggest risk for Cole.

Will he be a superstar? I doubt it, as he has some physical limitations, despite an elite hIQ. But the last 18 games are mostly noise--every player slumps, more so young players.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
The context of my post was at any point. Absolutely no prospect should be off the table, ever (unless player is in the franchise player category like Bedard)

It is the GM’s job to constantly be looking to upgrade the team, especially when that team is in a win now mode. After all the entire point of a season is to win the Stanley Cup. Obviously care has to be taken to ensure the cupboards are not bare. The Jets seem to have quite a few offensive minded prospects, and it is a position of strength for the org, so what does it hurt to explore all options to give this iteration of the Jets the best shot possible?

I’m not saying I want to trade him. But I trust Chevy, and would not be opposed to it in knowing that if it did happen I’m confident due diligence would have been done and all pros and cons weighed. Same goes for any of our prospects.

The Jets have a very good window over the next few years while out top guys are all in their primes and locked up. What better time to load up then now? I’m not talking a rental either. I’m talking about a youngish impact player with some term who can immediately step into a top 6 role or play RHD on our top pairing. Easier said than done I know, but what I do know is that in order to find that player, something of substance would have to go the other way. If that something happens to be Perfetti, so be it. In Chevy we trust.
I mean we threw away a 6'5 rhd that ended up playing top 4 role for a year... so I'm sure we can trade a prospect for a roster player

Reactions: hn777
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad