Post-Game Talk: Frauds 5 - Jerks 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
perfetti was a healthy scratch, honestly a reset might not be the worse thing for him, won't be the 1st young player won't be the last
Watch this be the lineup change that Bones credits for the result as he moves Ehlers back to 2nd line tomorrow 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
All ten! Usual prep for a big night. Have also bought a couple of expensive little steaks, too. But really, I thought I'd have a quiet and slightly depressing third period and then I ended up pacing the floor with my fingers interlocked. I can't believe how well this team plays (yes, even Schmidt!) when they put their mind to it.
Doing all 10 nails makes for a big night? Back in the day, my girls used to say that a big date was when they shaved their legs for it. Was years later before the wife explained to me what that really meant. And you've got steaks for the boy. Is the big nite the first time you've cooked for him?

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
I just went back and read the GDT when all hell broke loose after the 2nd period and a whole swath of posters had their pitch forks out, few of which took part in the post game celebrations. But I came across this gem by @flyingkiwi

"Holy heck what kind of early game is this how come we're done two periods already?

Haven't missed much I see but will turn into the third as we score four unanswered."

Post of the day award! How was she to know Nino would get an empty netter with 10 seconds left :laugh:
Never underestimate a woman's intuition!

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
IMG_3275.jpeg

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
it'll never happen, but i wouldn't mind ehlers-schefiele-namestnikov some burn.

if they go down throw KC up there for sure. names is all over the place forechecking, defensively and playing hard ie: on that 4th goal. i think you get a bit more balance that way in neutral game scripts at least.
Wouldnt mind another top 6 winger either, depending on the price. Maybe instead of Monahan vs Henrique trade talk they just get both :laugh:
given the Jets not having a 1st.... i was thinking about Pacioretty potentially as a top-9er. doubt he goes for a 1st, but NMC

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Doing all 10 nails makes for a big night? Back in the day, my girls used to say that a big date was when they shaved their legs for it. Was years later before the wife explained to me what that really meant. And you've got steaks for the boy. Is the big nite the first time you've cooked for him?

Nails aren't really a factor, it's not like he'll notice. This will be the first time my roomie will be out all night and I get the place all to myself. I'm looking forward to a romantic, candlelight dinner while a snowstorm howls outside and we do some howling inside. (Yes, big dates still require the usual shave of legs, puss and pits.) The BF has promised to bring his little signs collection and if we can get through dinner without either of us broaching the wrong topic it should be a fabulous evening.

And the Jets have racked up 38 wins which is another reason to enjoy the evening!

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Putting 27 on the top line sparked the game for the Jets and had that line spend some time in the o-zone that they hadn't done for weeks. Something many of us have been asking for weeks.

That top line can only handle 1 passenger at a time. So far 81 and 13 are passengers, that puts a lot of workload on 55. With 55 and 27 together doesn't matter who the third guy is whether it is 13 or 81... they can do the work let the third guy do what they do best- finish.

Who else thinks that the coach is still gonna be stubborn and take 27 off of that line as soon as everyone is healthy?

And people wonder why there was so much complaining about that top line.
i don't think vilardi has been terrible as of late. but this game specifically, KC was doing nothing at even strength up until the 3rd. nothing offensively, and his usual passive non-physical self w/o the puck. I believe his only 2 SOGs registered at even-strength was in the third, where ehlers set him up on both (& obvs. 1 was a goal)

maybe perfetti plays tmrw. if so, i wouldn't mind seeing (but likely not gonna happen as a combo)

ehlers-schefiele-names
connor-monahan-perfetti

if you find yourself down, then go ehlers-scheifele-connor.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Nails aren't really a factor, it's not like he'll notice. This will be the first time my roomie will be out all night and I get the place all to myself. I'm looking forward to a romantic, candlelight dinner while a snowstorm howls outside and we do some howling inside. (Yes, big dates still require the usual shave of legs, puss and pits.) The BF has promised to bring his little signs collection and if we can get through dinner without either of us broaching the wrong topic it should be a fabulous evening.

And the Jets have racked up 38 wins which is another reason to enjoy the evening!
Since you seem to be civil and sharing, what's the signs collection thing? Collecting stamps or coins or butterflies isnt enough? He hauls around road signs or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad