Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
This did not age well.

3d7ziti693gc.gif

Ponds

ꮯꭺꭲꭺꮯꮮꭹꮪꮇ!
Nov 2, 2023
Anacita
What a way to start my Saturday. Woke up to watch the Liverpool match at 7am. A nil nil up until the 98th minute, during a crucial title race, where every point dropped could mean the league changing hands. Looking like a certain draw, when The Mighty Reds score to win in stoppage time, literally at the last possible moment. Elation.

Was a task for the Jets to follow the drama of that viewing experience. When they went down 3 and the 2nd ended, I'll be honest, I was not feeling like the boys would turn it around. Little bits of doubt started to creep in about their mettle. After a disappointing loss to Dallas, with the postseason looming, maybe they aren't up to snuff?

Nah. The Winnipeg Jets proved most of us wrong today.

That's a win we would not have seen last campaign. Here's where the Jets were almost the same time a year ago
View attachment 828150
An embarrassing stretch of losses ending February and beginning March. Bare butts being spanked over bended knee. Optimism within the fanbase eroding.

Today was a day that proved you still have to hold on to belief. Yes, allowing yourself to believe makes it even harder to take if the boys don't make it to the promised land in the end. But, the fate of this team is beyond control of us mere mortals.

The only thing to do is enjoy the ride.

That's why this is going out to our Winnipeg Jets. They played like they were...

You get a leather jacket! And you get a leather jacket!

Let's go Jets fans! Anything is possible!

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Josh saying post game they haven't been playing up to their standards lately. I am going to check his HFBoards post history from previous Jets wins to decide whether I should take his opinion seriously.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I just went back and read the GDT when all hell broke loose after the 2nd period and a whole swath of posters had their pitch forks out, few of which took part in the post game celebrations. But I came across this gem by @flyingkiwi

"Holy heck what kind of early game is this how come we're done two periods already?

Haven't missed much I see but will turn into the third as we score four unanswered."

Post of the day award! How was she to know Nino would get an empty netter with 10 seconds left :laugh:

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
How about that, down 3-0 going into the third period and coming away with a 5-3 victory! The first and third periods were good, that second though...meh... I give this game four Selänne's out of five...

winnipeg-jets-go-jets-go.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

OBDBn6.gif

The Prediction Contest for the game against the Buffalo Sabres has been posted and is ready for your guesses. I will be providing the GDT for the game, but the next seven games after that are available, so step up and sign up to make a GDT! See you tomorrow night! Hey, wait a minute, it's still the afternoon, I can't say "Good Night", can I? Maybe this Carolina fan will...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad