Recalled/Assigned: Frattin up

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
Frattin just took those vets to school on how to play hockey.
It's actually sad that Macarthur is our first line LW'er. I ain't even mad. Just sad for Randy. But I can help him out.

Put JVR on that line and then Frattin with Grabo.

Then we put Kadri with Kessel and JVR and then we have something different to offer the NHL. All Bozak has gotten us as number one is last place.

If something is broken you should be trying to fix it!

I'm sure Frattin would have played the same way and produced just as well if he played the same ammount of games in as many nights as the Leafs. Not that the rest of the Leafs looked tired or anything.

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
I think he meant that over an 82 game season.

I'm pretty sure he didn't though, based on his last comment. Let's be real here, Kadri plays 15mins a night of sheltered scoring and 2 of his 3 goals have been tap-ins. He's playing damn well, but he's nowhere near capable of putting up a ppg, yet.

Apr 11, 2010
Toronto
I'm pretty sure he didn't though, based on his last comment. Let's be real here, Kadri plays 15mins a night of sheltered scoring and 2 of his 3 goals have been tap-ins. He's playing damn well, but he's nowhere near capable of putting up a ppg, yet.

Yeah, that's what I got off it as well. Didn't sound like he meant an 82 game season. He's basing it off of his "PPG" production atm, which is a simple span of 4 games. Way too early to call it. Kind of funny as it reminds of that Kassian thread on the main board. Whooo whee. :laugh:

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
Yeah, that's what I got off it as well. Didn't sound like he meant an 82 game season. He's basing it off of his "PPG" production atm, which is a simple span of 4 games. Way too early to call it. Kind of funny as it reminds of that Kassian thread on the main board. Whooo whee. :laugh:

Yeah honestly :laugh:
Kassian is playing well, but I would imagine playing with the Sedins is a MASSIVE catalyst to his offensive production thus far. I love it how Kadri seems to create his own offense, usually playing with lesser players. And when he is on the PP with better players, he's always in the right spot for those tap-ins. He's looking like a real dandy, still not a PPG guy though :sarcasm:

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
I'm sure Frattin would have played the same way and produced just as well if he played the same ammount of games in as many nights as the Leafs. Not that the rest of the Leafs looked tired or anything.

They didn't look tired until the goaltending sucked the life out of the team... I think your right though on Frattin he should be here to stay.

1 player in particular I'm not fond with and I don't want to go over board with my displeasure that he's still on the team so instead of continuing to crap on him I will ask you and hope you respond cause I read your post and find you to be logical if a good move to fix the issue of missing Lupul is to call up the Marlies team captain Ryan Hamilton who was line mates with Kadri and Frattin there's real chemistry with this trio to join them on the 3rd line, promote JVR on the top line with Kessel and Bozak, promote Komarov with Grabo and Kulemin.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON

Yeah I saw his last comment right after posting...I don't even know what to say :laugh:

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
dimi78;58285969[B said:
]They didn't look tired until the goaltending sucked the life out of the team... I think your right though on Frattin he should be here to stay.[/B]
1 player in particular I'm not fond with and I don't want to go over board with my displeasure that he's still on the team so instead of continuing to crap on him I will ask you and hope you respond cause I read your post and find you to be logical if a good move to fix the issue of missing Lupul is to call up the Marlies team captain Ryan Hamilton who was line mates with Kadri and Frattin there's real chemistry with this trio to join them on the 3rd line, promote JVR on the top line with Kessel and Bozak, promote Komarov with Grabo and Kulemin.

Combination thereof. Leafs didnt have the same jump as last night, wasnt just the goaltending that deflated the.

I have no idea who this player is you are not fond of. Your comment is one long run on sentence, and I can't make our who it is you don't like and why.

jughead42*

Yeah honestly :laugh:
Kassian is playing well, but I would imagine playing with the Sedins is a MASSIVE catalyst to his offensive production thus far. I love it how Kadri seems to create his own offense, usually playing with lesser players. And when he is on the PP with better players, he's always in the right spot for those tap-ins. He's looking like a real dandy, still not a PPG guy though :sarcasm:

The Sedins probably are helping Kassian, as they would help any player on their line. However I can tell you with all certainty that Kassian also makes the Sedins better (it's why he's on the line) and he has the skills to produce I assure you. He is not a goon, he is not a banger. He has the skill to use his size and still control the puck (especially along the boards) in a way few guys can. He is quite a skilled player for a bruiser, and would be able to produce without the benefits of the Sedins in a less prolific yet impressive way.

I was bummed when Lupul went down but I was looking forward to seeing Frattin a bit more. He's got a great shot and he looks like a guy ready to make his mark in the NHL. I didn't see the game tonight, but he must be doing something right. It's been a while since we've seen our homegrown talent shine so much. We've got depth at forward, depth on the blueline, and question marks in net. Something is going to happen you would think.

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
The Sedins probably are helping Kassian, as they would help any player on their line. However I can tell you with all certainty that Kassian also makes the Sedins better (it's why he's on the line) and he has the skills to produce I assure you. He is not a goon, he is not a banger. He has the skill to use his size and still control the puck (especially along the boards) in a way few guys can. He is quite a skilled player for a bruiser, and would be able to produce without the benefits of the Sedins in a less prolific yet impressive way.

I was bummed when Lupul went down but I was looking forward to seeing Frattin a bit more. He's got a great shot and he looks like a guy ready to make his mark in the NHL. I didn't see the game tonight, but he must be doing something right. It's been a while since we've seen our homegrown talent shine so much. We've got depth at forward, depth on the blueline, and question marks in net. Something is going to happen you would think.

Yeah, I tried to choose my words carefully here, all I'm trying to say is that I am aware he is good, heck I have nothing against him I kinda like the nucks... But, the sedins will inflate stats.

jughead42*

Yeah, I tried to choose my words carefully here, all I'm trying to say is that I am aware he is good, heck I have nothing against him I kinda like the nucks... But, the sedins will inflate stats.

Yes, that is true of all skilled players. But if you think that is the only reason Kassian is producing you are mistaken. The one goal he scored was a completely individual effort on his part, taking it around the back of the net and jamming it, then collecting the puck after it was stopped not once, but twice before blasting it in. He's a bull, at the Memorial Cup in Brandon he was a one man cycle in the offensive zone. In one game he held off THREE of the Calgary Hitmen defensemen for 30 seconds of game clock in the offensive zone by himself before feeding Kenny Ryan cross ice for a goal. It's still one of the most impressive stretches of physical yet skilled hockey I've ever seen. He's on the Sedin's line for a reason.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
Nice to see him pitch in offensively right off the bat (and the assists were legit assists, not phantom ones), even if he wasn't really noticeable otherwise during the game. The only other play I really noticed him on was the hit along the boards when Kadri ended up getting a penalty. That's probably a good thing, since it means he wasn't a complete disaster in the defensive zone like most of the team. Hopefully he can keep it up.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Fantastic that he's scoring this fast, I always thought he was snakebitten last year.

never seemed like a 15 point guy or whatever like last year, looks to be a 40-50 point guy IMO. A dustin brown lite.

Kadri is just continuing to be a fantastic scoring presence.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
i dont mind losing as long as we are giving the younger guys time.

Frattin will be a 20+ goal scorer in the NHL once he gets rolling, not this year obviously, soon as next year i can see him hitting 20 if given the chance

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Re-entry waivers

If the Leafs recall Connolly can a team claim him on re-entry for half the price and cap hit? Is that still in the CBA? Does Connolly's salary count against the cap, even though he is in the AHL?

WhatASaveDave

Feb 3, 2010
toronto ontario
If the Leafs recall Connolly can a team claim him on re-entry for half the price and cap hit? Is that still in the CBA? Does Connolly's salary count against the cap, even though he is in the AHL?

Yes his cap hit still counts minus 900 thousand. And no re-entry waivers has been taken out

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00