Player Discussion Frank Vatrano

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
A lot is going to be based on what is being offered and what Verbeek feels will be available in the summer. Keeping Vatrano gives the Ducks some versatility going into next season. The Ducks essentially have the option of:

Vatrano-McTavish-Terry
Zegras-Carlsson-Gauthier
Killorn-Lundestrom-Strome

or

Killorn-McTavish-Terry
Vatrano-Carlsson-Strome
???-Zegras-Gauthier

The first one stacks the top 6 with a ton of youth, though Killorn could take Vatrano's spot. The second one spreads out the lines a bit... you could move Killorn with Zegras and put Lundestrom with Mac and see if it still works (like it did with Lundy and Silf, just an upgrade from Silf to Terry on RW). With the second set of lines, didn't Nesterenko play with Gauthier in college? You could go really young and play him and Gauthier on Zegras's wing on the 3rd line. Then hope you can get a RHD with low years but maybe high $ (if any are available).

and on D:

Fowler-???
Minty-Gudas
LaCombe/Vaak/Zell combo as 3rd pairing

Reactions: Trojans86

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
A lot is going to be based on what is being offered and what Verbeek feels will be available in the summer. Keeping Vatrano gives the Ducks some versatility going into next season. The Ducks essentially have the option of:

Vatrano-McTavish-Terry
Zegras-Carlsson-Gauthier
Killorn-Lundestrom-Strome

or

Killorn-McTavish-Terry
Vatrano-Carlsson-Strome
???-Zegras-Gauthier

The first one stacks the top 6 with a ton of youth, though Killorn could take Vatrano's spot. The second one spreads out the lines a bit... you could move Killorn with Zegras and put Lundestrom with Mac and see if it still works (like it did with Lundy and Silf, just an upgrade from Silf to Terry on RW). With the second set of lines, didn't Nesterenko play with Gauthier in college? You could go really young and play him and Gauthier on Zegras's wing on the 3rd line. Then hope you can get a RHD with low years but maybe high $ (if any are available).

and on D:

Fowler-???
Minty-Gudas
LaCombe/Vaak/Zell combo as 3rd pairing
Nikita Nesterenko had awakened from an afternoon nap on Monday when he received a cellphone notification. Nesterenko, a former Boston College forward now playing for the American Hockey League’s San Diego Gulls, saw the name of former college teammate Cutter Gauthier pop up in a post sent out by the Anaheim Ducks.

“Originally, I felt like they were just congratulating him on the world juniors or something,” Nesterenko said. “Something weird. Maybe some kind of connection. And then I saw they acquired him. I was like, ‘Wow, that’s crazy.’”

“He’s got a good personality,” Nesterenko said. “He’s not afraid to speak his mind. People are seeing that.
“Obviously, the Flyers’ fan base and organization is going to be a little salty and pissed off that they didn’t get such a star player. Right away, when you’re kind of pissed off, your first instinct is to trash the kid and say that he’s entitled and he doesn’t want to be there. He’s a great kid.
“He made the decision for himself where he thinks he’s going to fit in better. Have a better development for his career and the future. The fact that people are pointing fingers saying he’s entitled and all this stuff, it’s just crazy to me because he was never like that at college. He just wants what’s best for the team. Just a great player and great kid off the ice.”

Knows him, not sure he played with him on a line.

Reactions: lwvs84

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Nikita Nesterenko had awakened from an afternoon nap on Monday when he received a cellphone notification. Nesterenko, a former Boston College forward now playing for the American Hockey League’s San Diego Gulls, saw the name of former college teammate Cutter Gauthier pop up in a post sent out by the Anaheim Ducks.

“Originally, I felt like they were just congratulating him on the world juniors or something,” Nesterenko said. “Something weird. Maybe some kind of connection. And then I saw they acquired him. I was like, ‘Wow, that’s crazy.’”

“He’s got a good personality,” Nesterenko said. “He’s not afraid to speak his mind. People are seeing that.
“Obviously, the Flyers’ fan base and organization is going to be a little salty and pissed off that they didn’t get such a star player. Right away, when you’re kind of pissed off, your first instinct is to trash the kid and say that he’s entitled and he doesn’t want to be there. He’s a great kid.
“He made the decision for himself where he thinks he’s going to fit in better. Have a better development for his career and the future. The fact that people are pointing fingers saying he’s entitled and all this stuff, it’s just crazy to me because he was never like that at college. He just wants what’s best for the team. Just a great player and great kid off the ice.”

Knows him, not sure he played with him on a line.
Oh ok, I knew they were teammates, I thought there was something about them being linemates (at least for a little while), but I'm not sure on that. Just thought there was something about Nesterenko saying he was an easy guy to play with.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Oh ok, I knew they were teammates, I thought there was something about them being linemates (at least for a little while), but I'm not sure on that. Just thought there was something about Nesterenko saying he was an easy guy to play with.
They did play on a line together last year.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Bijelo

Oct 23, 2022
First Flat
Top 9 players:

Killorn-McTavish-Terry
Kakko-Carlsson-Zegras
Gauthier-Lundeström-Strome

Vatrano-Kakko trade.

Fowler our best defenseman.

Luneau from AHL to Ducks.

Last edited:

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Frank was interviewed by Spittin Chiclets during all star weekend and they finally released his interview in this week’s podcast.

Reactions: Yemeth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad