Player Discussion Frank Vatrano

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Fast, hustles and loves to shoot. Also is randomly chippy and has some pest in his game.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
What do you expect from Vatrano in terms of goals next season? I've also been impressed with his preseason, I expect him to be at least as productive as Rakell in his last few seasons here.
20 goals easy. It might be shiny new toy syndrome, but he's making me forget about Rakell pretty fast.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Raks was frustrating the last few years. he's just way too perimeter-oriented and really doesn't use his size anymore. i can't remember one time he bumped a dman off the puck

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
F41E0675-3C02-407E-B353-25795633A9B0.gif

Reactions: Sean Garrity

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
How do you guys feel about Vatrano so far? Been on a cold streak recently, but I'm excited for him to not shoot 5% anymore
I like that he has some bite and likes to start shit. We don't have enough of that on this team and it makes up for when he isn't putting up points.

Tough to figure out where he fits in the lineup though, so far.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
If we do end up trading Henrique I imagine he takes his spot in the top 6
I agree, although having him and Comtois as our top 2 LW's isn't exactly awe-inspiring.

It would be interesting to see if he could build some chemistry with McTavish & Terry though.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
How do you guys feel about Vatrano so far? Been on a cold streak recently, but I'm excited for him to not shoot 5% anymore
On ice he’s fine. Like his fire. But intuitively speaking, I have him as a very polarizing locker room guy. Someone like him, it all depends how he is off the ice.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
As good as he was last night, McTavish is still out scoring both Strome and Vatrano in less games played.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
As good as he was last night, McTavish is still out scoring both Strome and Vatrano in less games played.
One of Verbeek’s goals was to bring in players who can teach the team how to be difficult to play against. I think Vatrano is absolutely the most abrasive, irritating, 110% motor, shit-talking player on the team. The goals are a bonus.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
One of Verbeek’s goals was to bring in players who can teach the team how to be difficult to play against. I think Vatrano is absolutely the most abrasive, irritating, 110% motor, shit-talking player on the team. The goals are a bonus.
Imagine we acquire Garland and ice a line of Vatrano-Zegras-Garland. In addition to being completely outmuscled on a regular basis, they should be able to draw a penalty every shift purely due to their mouths.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I got the feeling yesterday from his interview that Frank just despises losing. i'm not sure we have too many guys like that right now (obviously young guys can develop that mindset even if they don't currently feel that way)

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Imagine we acquire Garland and ice a line of Vatrano-Zegras-Garland. In addition to being completely outmuscled on a regular basis, they should be able to draw a penalty every shift purely due to their mouths.
Not just that but 2 out of those 3 actually go to the net and draw penalties that way, too.

I really like him. I know he's not an ideal top-6 guy because of his inconsistent production but I wouldn't give him up. "I can't spare this man. He fights."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad