Player Discussion Frank Vatrano II

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Benched in the third period again....while Heinen Kulary Czarnik looked much better

Every game the Bruins are like a player shorthanded playing Vatrano.

Trade deadline cant come soon enough

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017
Benched in the third period again....while Heinen Kulary Czarnik looked much better

Every game the Bruins are like a player shorthanded playing Vatrano.

Trade deadline cant come soon enough

he was injured in the second period, tried to skate just as they left the ice at the end of the 2nd and could barely walk. i think maybe you misread these tea leaves as completely as they could be misread. i await additional information indicating otherwise.

oh, and A) he played really well last night. you're crazy.

Reactions: blazenlo

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
he was injured in the second period, tried to skate just as they left the ice at the end of the 2nd and could barely walk. i think maybe you misread these tea leaves as completely as they could be misread. i await additional information indicating otherwise.

oh, and A) he played really well last night. you're crazy.

No he did not...when was the last time he scored a goal let alone a point?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Your clearly pretty bias against the player, considering you said he was benched when in reality he got injured.

He's played pretty good since being put back into the line-up. Not great, but he's done his job for the most part.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Looks more like an energy player than the sniper we thought he was at this point....not necessarily a knock on him, brings an added element to the 4th line.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Not sure Franky has a spot on this team. He has had a tough year and has been passed by many players on the depth chart.
RFA at the end of this year and I think the Bruins should move him. Czarnik is another small forward that is a RFA at the seasons end. Not sure there is room for either.

Reactions: BMC

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

You just said he was benched when he was injured, so shows how much you pay attention. Vatrano, while not scoring, has played well in his role. He's been engaged physically and using his speed. Points aren't there, but he hasn't hurt the team in this stretch.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
You just said he was benched when he was injured, so shows how much you pay attention. Vatrano, while not scoring, has played well in his role. He's been engaged physically and using his speed. Points aren't there, but he hasn't hurt the team in this stretch.

using his speed? ... hilarious

he can't skate

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

Tell me, why is he usually benched in the third? logs usually on average 7-8 min a game?

You think this is not tiring for everyone else on the team

Once Marchand and Acciari comesback (or if team keeps Czarnik) and Vatrano is benched = better for team

Again can't wait until trade deadline. Can't wait until next season = no more Vatrano for sure

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I had high hopes for him when he first came up- that shot release of his is not of this world.However I'm not sure he's got a spot now even though he has clearly worked hard on improving the rest of his game. Once Acciari returns I think it will be back to the press box for #72.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
If you think he can skate...well I don't know what else to say

He can't skate, yet he's a fast skater? Vatrano struggles in the NHL because of his hockey sense. He's just not a smart player at this level and that holds him back severely. He has good speed and a great shot. If you can't see that he can move, you either don't pay attention to the player, or don't know what you're watching.....Both sound like legit options to describe you, based on past comments.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Do you even watch the games?

do you? you think crash and burning means that you can skate? His east-west skating is some of the worst skating I have seen

He can't skate backwards very well

He also has a low IQ. Doesn't know how to pass. Only is trigger happy

Aren't you also big on Nash? Where has he been in the last 5-7 games... he is streaky and not talented enough to be a 3rd line center. Should be dropped to the 4th line already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad