Player Discussion Frank Vatrano II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I'm anxiously awaiting Vatrano as well. .maybe cuz I feel desperate for some offensive spark which I'm not convinced berg or krejci will provide

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Frankie cleared to play and assigned to Providence per Bruins Twitter.

Are the instructions for embedding tweets into these boards still around? I really need to copy those instructions down

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Hopefully he comes back after his AHL stint after the New Year and that slots guys in different spots and some out the door. We need to settle the lines and dee, it still looks like training camp.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
Frankie cleared to play and assigned to Providence per Bruins Twitter.

Are the instructions for embedding tweets into these boards still around? I really need to copy those instructions down

Bracket [ the word tweet and then close the bracket ]
Embed just the number of the tweet - it's a long number and it's not the URL.
The close the tweet with bracket [ then /tweet then close the bracket ].

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I'm trying to temper my own expectations.

But, I think it's clear that Vatrano has a very good shot and release and he can get it off.

Krejci/Backes have combined with Schaller to give Krejci the second best possession metrics of his career (12/13). They have done that, despite Krejci getting the second worst zone starts of his career (07/08).

If Vatrano does nothing but equal Schaller's play and shoot the puck, I don't know how that line doesn't see its production explode.

Shoot. There I go again not properly managing expectations.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Does he play the other weekend game and play against the Isles on Tuesday or get called up tomorrow and play the Kings Sunday morning.

Hopefully the latter.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
He likes to shoot the puck.Love to see him go with Krecji and Backes Then put Pasta back where he belongs with Marchand n Bergie.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
He likes to shoot the puck.Love to see him go with Krecji and Backes Then put Pasta back where he belongs with Marchand n Bergie.

That's an understatement,averaged 5.2 shots a game in PRO and over 6 in his last year of NCAA. In the last 10 years of rookies playing over 30 games,he is 27th in shots per game but 140th in shooting percentage. Last year in Providence his shooting percentage was 19%,but with the Bruins it was 8.1%. If he can keep the shots up and get the shooting percentage up to 12%,that's a 25 goal guy.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
I'd wouldn't mind seeing a Czarnik & Vatrano reunion. Vatrano/Backes/Czarnik is potentially almost a lesser recreation of the Marchand/Backes/Pastrnak first line that worked so well.

Spooner and Czarnik do seem to have some chemistry though. Vatrano/Spooner/Czarnik would be pure skill. Maybe a little too loose for Claude though.

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
Like I've said before he has the it factor. And it's not just about his ridiculous numbers. It's been a pleasure watching him in Providence the past couple years. Now I just hope after this conditioning stint I never see him again down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad