Frank Corrado

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Thoughts?

Yeah, it's only been one game, but at least we know that he can skate and can hit the net with his shot.

amack081

Nov 1, 2015
Thoughts?

Yeah, it's only been one game, but at least we know that he can skate and can hit the net with his shot.

Thought he had a pretty good game considering he was playing for his hometown and hasn't played an NHL game in a long time.

I felt a few times he was chasing the play in his own end but overall was good.

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
Thought he had a pretty good game considering he was playing for his hometown and hasn't played an NHL game in a long time.

I felt a few times he was chasing the play in his own end but overall was good.

Pretty baffled why he hasn't played up until now to be honest.
Our top 4 of Reilly, Hunwick, Gardiner and Phaneuf has pretty much stuck together since day one but Babcock has rotated a few guys in and out the bottom pairing. No idea why Corrado wasn't part of that rotation after his stint with the Marlies. Its not like Marincin or Polak have set the heather on fire.

amack081

Nov 1, 2015
Pretty baffled why he hasn't played up until now to be honest.
Our top 4 of Reilly, Hunwick, Gardiner and Phaneuf has pretty much stuck together since day one but Babcock has rotated a few guys in and out the bottom pairing. No idea why Corrado wasn't part of that rotation after his stint with the Marlies. Its not like Marincin or Polak have set the heather on fire.

I was thinking of this last night, and it maybe because he doesn't have natural chemistry/ doesn't fit in with the current D core. I think he needs to be paired with a more defensive defensemen (preferably LD). As you said they aren't going to take away Hunwick from Rielly and they like how Gardiner and Phaneuf have been playing.

There's no way Marincin plays with Corrado and Polak has more fits better than Marincin/Harrington.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I was thinking of this last night, and it maybe because he doesn't have natural chemistry/ doesn't fit in with the current D core. I think he needs to be paired with a more defensive defensemen (preferably LD). As you said they aren't going to take away Hunwick from Rielly and they like how Gardiner and Phaneuf have been playing.

There's no way Marincin plays with Corrado and Polak has more fits better than Marincin/Harrington.

During last nights game Millen made a comment that it had to do with overall conditioning. Perhaps Babcock wanted him at a certain level before he drew into the lineup. I don't know how he showed up to Vancouver's training camp.
He hit the gym during this time and practiced.

TopProspect91

Registered Abuser
Sep 11, 2004
Toronto
He looked pretty slow out there to be honest. Probably due to him not playing for such a long time. Definitely needs to get up to game speed.

Aside from that, it was refreshing to have RH d-man who can actually shoot. I would like to see him on the power-play, if he get's more chances.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
rielly-phaneuf
gardiner-corrado
hunwick-polak

if gardiner-franson worked pretty good, maybe gardiner-corrado could work?

mulefarm

Oct 9, 2011
It looks to me that the Gardiner-Phanuef pairing is working pretty good, no need to break up.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
It looks to me that the Gardiner-Phanuef pairing is working pretty good, no need to break up.

Phaneuf even strength possession:

With Gardiner = 53 %
Without Gardiner = 44 %

Gardiner away from Phaneuf = 55 %

Yes I'd leave them together.

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
Phaneuf even strength possession:

With Gardiner = 53 %
Without Gardiner = 44 %

Gardiner away from Phaneuf = 55 %

Yes I'd leave them together.

Is that this season? What's the sample?

He might've had very different usage "away from Gardiner" if you're including games other than this season.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Corrado will get his chance full time as a RH D when Polak is traded.
Then we can also call Harrington back up to assume a spot on the bottom pairing where he should actually be now.
Marincin would remain as a bad 7th D. Which one of our pro scouts thought it was a good idea to acquire this guy for a draft pick anyways?? BRUTAL!

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Then we can also call Harrington back up to assume a spot on the bottom pairing where he should actually be now.
Marincin would remain as a bad 7th D. Which one of our pro scouts thought it was a good idea to acquire this guy for a draft pick anyways?? BRUTAL!

Possession stats darling. Goes to show you how flawed those stats are.

mikebel111*

Maybe Chicago needs to trade those players, I mean its not like they have won many times with good posession hockey.

Oh wait

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015

I think Marincin has been playing better lately. He's starting to look like he might have something, but just is slower to get to that level. I expect to see him back in next game.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Especially considering Conor Garland could have been had with the pick.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I certainly prefer Frankie Corrado to Marincin and wished FC could play more.

Marincin might be back in today verses LA because they're a big heavy team and Marincin size might be beneficial.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
I certainly prefer Frankie Corrado to Marincin and wished FC could play more.

Marincin might be back in today verses LA because they're a big heavy team and Marincin size might be beneficial.
He doesn't use his size though, I'd say Corrado is more physical.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad