Frank Corrado

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Polak/Marincin is traded in January/early February. Corrado finishes the season.

The plan isn't to bench a kid you claimed off of waivers for 6 months to deal someone at the deadline.

Oh, and I highly doubt they traded a 5th for Marincin, to claim a kid off of waivers and then deal Marincin for likely less 8 months later.

It's not a trade.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
With the way they keep saying that they have secret plans for him, it seems sinister, like crazy experiments to make a super hockey player or something :laugh:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I'm very curious to find out what the plan is with Corrado.

Maybe he was out of shape and they have dedicated the last 2-3 months to getting him into peak shape?

Because at this point, I have no clue what it could be, because I doubt it's a trade at this point. We would have heard something.

It doesn't take months of practice to learn a system to the point where you can play it.

It's obviously not health or personal reasons.

Like, I'm trying to think of legitimate reasons as to why he hasn't played a SINGLE game yet. It's amazing.

Would we though? I mean its cone of silence over there remember.

I just think that this is partly, they thought they had an injury, or a trade by now, but didn't, Babcock doesn't like playing defencemen on their wrong sides if he can help it.

It is curious though. I wonder if the list of players who can be exposed by waivers so they are instituting has shrunk or grown any? I knew that there were 24 around November.

However they must see something in m to keep him and to continually put him a part of leafy activities. He was at the Christmas sick kids function, and he was at the habitat for humanity project too. I don't think they do these things if they don't value him at any juncture, right?

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
He's in on Tuesday.

Yes.. I heard this last night, too.. This will be nice to see him....

Just adding a confirm ref..

Jonas Siegel
@jonasTSN1050 7s
Mike Babcock confirms that Frankie Corrado will make his Leafs debut on Tuesday.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
With the way they keep saying that they have secret plans for him, it seems sinister, like crazy experiments to make a super hockey player or something :laugh:

its actually pretty weird. what is the plan, wait till someone to get hurt then put the kid in? lol

between marinicin, harrington, and polak surely they could rotate him in. its not like we are asking to sit rielly.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Would we though? I mean its cone of silence over there remember.

I just think that this is partly, they thought they had an injury, or a trade by now, but didn't, Babcock doesn't like playing defencemen on their wrong sides if he can help it.

It is curious though. I wonder if the list of players who can be exposed by waivers so they are instituting has shrunk or grown any? I knew that there were 24 around November.

However they must see something in m to keep him and to continually put him a part of leafy activities. He was at the Christmas sick kids function, and he was at the habitat for humanity project too. I don't think they do these things if they don't value him at any juncture, right?

He's been participating just like any member of the team, except as a healthy scratch.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Babcock: "fine you can play, but you're playing your off-hand, AND you're paired with Polak"

Corrado: "You know what, I think I'm good, I need to watch more..."

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
lol that kid better have the game of his life

well. i'd agree with you but...

where was Robidas then?

Robidas is back in Quebec somewhere coaching his kids hockey team, after his kids moved back to Quebec with his ex-wife this summer, while Leafs are paying him $3 mil a season to do so.

Robidas is not standing in the way of Frankie Corrado getting some NHL action.

Last edited:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Out in Quebec playing LTIR, aka pre-retirement. Injured players don't participate with the non injured group.

Lol ( I'm just being a brat about this) but Lupul who was injured was also part of the sick kids trip and he was injured :).

Like I said I am only half joking now, but I just mean Corrado has been a part of a lot of leafs activities that you didn't think he would be in. That's all :)

champs*

let him play, then waive him and nucks pick him up again... this has become a distraction. Hopefully Lou and Babcock are now on the same page and Lou understands who the boss is :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad