Proposal: Fowler for a Jets winger

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Yeah we just don't make good trading partners at the moment. We have no reason to want to deal a top winger.We just want dman for Trouba or prospect wingers not named Laine or Connor.

"We are willing to trade our quantity for quality but how dare anyone suggest the reverse"

No offence man but after a long day this just made me laugh. The hf trade board mentality in a nutshell.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Daximus

"We are willing to trade our quantity for quality but how dare anyone suggest the reverse"

No offence man but after a long day this just made me laugh. The hf trade board mentality in a nutshell.

I never said anything about getting quality in retur for what we are offering. But thanks for putting words in my mouth. All we want is a LHD and are only willing to offer up what we offer up. In no universe is a team getting Connor or Laine from us, end of story.
But please carry on about HF trade board mentailty as if your not guilty of it yourself...

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I never said anything about getting quality in retur for what we are offering. But thanks for putting words in my mouth. All we want is a LHD and are only willing to offer up what we offer up. In no universe is a team getting Connor or Laine from us, end of story.
But please carry on about HF trade board mentailty as if your not guilty of it yourself...

So what kind of LHD are you expecting?

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Daximus

So what kind of LHD are you expecting?

One that can step into a bottom 4 role if its for our depth pieces or one that can step into a top 4 role if its for Trouba. But what I'm expecting and what chevy is expecting are probably a lot different. That man has more patience than anyone I've ever seen. He'll get what he wants.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
One that can step into a bottom 4 role if its for our depth pieces or one that can step into a top 4 role if its for Trouba. But what I'm expecting and what chevy is expecting are probably a lot different. That man has more patience than anyone I've ever seen. He'll get what he wants.

Seems reasonable, my apologies.I misinterpreted the original post

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Can't see this working as an outsider. Irrational undervaluing of Fowler aside Ducks would be looking for a cheap impact top 6 forward. That's Ehlers. Can't see that happening. Otherwise you're looking at a 1st+Petan/Roslovic + type of deal.

Fowler for a 1st Rd pick, one of Petan or Roslavic and a plus??????

Wow massive overpayment or what. Not even sure I would offer up Roslavic straight up, never mind the rest. If Chevy traded away everything you stated for Fowler, Chevy should be fired. One of the worse offers I've seen in a long time. That offer might be worse then the DD & Emelin offer for Trouba that a Habs fan offered. Wow shuddering bad offers involving Jets players.

End thread, no more brutal offers

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo

Wow massive overpayment or what. Not even sure I would offer up Roslavic straight up, never mind the rest. If Chevy traded away everything you stated for Fowler, Chevy should be fired. One of the worse offers I've seen in a long time. That offer might be worse then the DD & Emelin offer for Trouba that a Habs fan offered. Wow shuddering bad offers involving Jets players.

Lol you want a 24 year old 2/3 LHD (that fits your stated need to a t) signed for two more years quite reasonably for less than a 1st+ B+/A- prospect?

Kapanen for Myers seem fair?

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008

for someone who wants this thread ended so badly, you sure keep contributing ignorance to it.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013

:shakehead

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Lol you want a 24 year old 2/3 LHD (that fits your stated need to a t) signed for two more years quite reasonably for less than a 1st+ B+/A- prospect?

Kapanen for Myers seem fair?

Love to add a 2/3 lhd young signed long term. Fowler isn't that, zero interest.

for someone who wants this thread ended so badly, you sure keep contributing ignorance to it.

Oh yes, the old b/c I don't agree with your opinion means I'm being ignorant? Classic

Zero interest in Fowler, how many times do we need to say it? Trade him to the Leafs or maybe Benning will be a good GM to target to deal with.

supersonic jet

Jun 22, 2014
Winnipeg

2 yrs of Fowler for 7 yrs of Roslivic who will be a 2nd line centre, please let us add to this. Hello.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Any team that makes a trade for Fowler would feel obligated to protect him in the expansion draft. And he only has one year on his contract after this one. He's really not worth it.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Any team that makes a trade for Fowler would feel obligated to protect him in the expansion draft. And he only has one year on his contract after this one. He's really not worth it.

We've explained that to them a few times already. Yet people keep trying to push Fowler on us. Unreal

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
2 yrs of Fowler for 7 yrs of Roslivic who will be a 2nd line centre, please let us add to this. Hello.

That would be an accurate description if Roslovic was a second line center now. Obviously he isn't and likely wont be for years to come probably close to 4 or 5 so your talking about potentially 3 years of a second line center that you have to wait for because he isn't yet for 2 years of a top 2-3 LD. Not to mention you have to wait and put effort into the development of a player like Roslovic. That is exactly why teams adds to prospects to get ESTABLISHED players. Roslovic is a single year removed from his draft. He was a late round pick. Everyone thought Peter Holland would be a second line center at that time too. The point is that he is a late first rounder who could be comparable to Rakell or could end up like Holland. Just because he could be a second line center doesn't mean is holds the value of one. Even Rakell took a few years into that 7 year control to get to where he is. Arguably even he isn't a true second line center yet at 23. The extent in which fans over value prospects over established players is absurd. Are prospects important? Absolutely, especially in the salary cap era. Teams need that early cheap production. Hence the value. But to suggest that they're worth more than a D of Fowlers quality just because he has more years of team control is pretty off base.

As for those that think Fowler isn't a top 2-3 D. That is literally what he has done for the last 3-4 years. He has great zone exit stats for moving the puck out of the D zone. He has been the Ducks best D during camp. Better than Vatanen, who most people around here think is better than Fowler. It's great to see that RC has actually taken Bieksa and put him on the third pair and given Fowler Manson as a D partner so far. There are a lot of contributors that can lead to poor possession stats and not all of them are within Fowlers control. It's true that Fowler isn't physical and that can cause him troubles in the D zone but when paired with a physical partner to help mitigate that he really excels. His actual production was right there with Lindholm who people love and played 11 more games. I wouldn't be surprised if Fowler had a career year this year if he stays with the Ducks.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
We've explained that to them a few times already. Yet people keep trying to push Fowler on us. Unreal

This thread was started by a Winnipeg fan.

No one is trying to push Fowler on you. You're inviting it, and personally, I wouldn't want to see Anaheim move a good player like Fowler to a team we're competing with for a playoff spot.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011

No one is trying to push Fowler on you. You're inviting it, and personally, I wouldn't want to see Anaheim move a good player like Fowler to a team we're competing with for a playoff spot.

Yes Jets fan offered pieces that he felt fowler was worth and that he thought we would offer.

All I've said effectively is only way we would want Fowler is if he came very cheap and declined counter offers from other fans.

Not sure how I've invited more offers, pretty clear zero interest in him. :laugh:

supersonic jet

Jun 22, 2014
Winnipeg

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011

I haven't been following who said what in this thread, just skimming through so maybe you're one of those guys who feels that Fowler is an elite 1D. My bad if I missed that. I personally agree with most Ducks fans that he's a solid 2/3 guy. I'd be happy to have him on the Jets and let him, JoMo and Enstrom fight for minutes on the left.

The problem is that we almost universally believe that Connor, Ehlers and Laine are going to develop into elite wingers. Actual all-stars even without the silly 4 team tournament nonsense the league did last year. Everything they've done in their careers up to this point shows they're on track for that, and you don't trade that for 2/3 defensemen with 2 years to UFA. It would be bad asset management.

My understanding of the Ducks' needs are cheap middle-six wingers and cap space. Almost everyone on the OP's list qualifies as that. Just because they're not playing in that role on the Jets, isn't an indication of the quality of player they are, it's a byproduct of the quality of player ahead of them. Additionally, the Jets are in a good position to accept a cap dump, and to offer draft picks to get what they're looking for.

There's a lot of guys talking about Winnipeg's B prospects, but I'd say pretty much none of those guys' names have come up yet in this thread.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg

This thread may be started by a Winnipeg fan, but there's been several months of posts containing Duck fans suggesting a Fowler deal, mostly with Trouba as the return. Were some of these comments from casual fans & not the Ducks staple of knowledgeable posters? Quite likely, but if Duck fans can't be bothered to learn the depth of the Jets prospect pool at forward, you certainly can't expect us to decipher the casual poster from the intelligent Anaheim fan.

I haven't been following who said what in this thread, just skimming through so maybe you're one of those guys who feels that Fowler is an elite 1D. My bad if I missed that. I personally agree with most Ducks fans that he's a solid 2/3 guy. I'd be happy to have him on the Jets and let him, JoMo and Enstrom fight for minutes on the left.

The problem is that we almost universally believe that Connor, Ehlers and Laine are going to develop into elite wingers. Actual all-stars even without the silly 4 team tournament nonsense the league did last year. Everything they've done in their careers up to this point shows they're on track for that, and you don't trade that for 2/3 defensemen with 2 years to UFA. It would be bad asset management.

My understanding of the Ducks' needs are cheap middle-six wingers and cap space. Almost everyone on the OP's list qualifies as that. Just because they're not playing in that role on the Jets, isn't an indication of the quality of player they are, it's a byproduct of the quality of player ahead of them. Additionally, the Jets are in a good position to accept a cap dump, and to offer draft picks to get what they're looking for.

There's a lot of guys talking about Winnipeg's B prospects, but I'd say pretty much none of those guys' names have come up yet in this thread.

As heilongjetsfan suggests, there's nothing really wrong with Fowler from the Jets perspective, but it is an expansion year & a trade for him suggests the Jets would protect him for all of one year under a 4-4-1 plan. The Jets have some B+ 3rd year pro's that would have to be exposed making this deal unattractive. should he walk once a UFA.

Making this trade & leaving him exposed under a Jets 7-3-1 plan makes him even more unattractive to Winnipeg as then the Jets could very well have traded for a net loss.

This is an odd year. 2nd pro's have far more value than usual while expansion eligible players have less, particularly ones at the tail end of their contract.

Yes the Jets have several A to A+ level forward prospects but none would be available in a straight up deal for Fowler. Again as heilongjetsfan mentions Winnipeg has a dirth of B-B+ prospects, many of which were in contention for roster spots this year, but in the end beat out by A-A+ prospects.

It still doesn't mean we can't be trading partners, but having some understanding of the Jets considerable depth of forward prospects should be considered before dismissing our lower end prospect pool of Dano, Petan, Roslovic, Armia, Lemieux, De Leo & Tanev as undesirable. This thread continues to have legs as both sides understand that each have pieces the other values.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad